Obama Adminstration Turned Libya Into ISIS Breeding Ground

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ibookg409, May 26, 2017.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

2. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

What are we looking at here?

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I had to check to see the date on this post because it seemed like is would have been posted about a year or so ago.

4. reefoid macrumors regular

5. niploteksi macrumors regular

Lockerbie death toll: 270.

It's never just that simple. Like many others I feared the "Arabic Spring" would turn out to be a real disaster for years and years to come, but people also tend to forget it wasn't all sunshine and flowers before that.

6. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

The article posted is new.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

You're assuming I went for the link before I saw the video :)

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

9. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

The link was the important part. I just so enjoy watching Hillary take her victory lap. Based on the fact that the Manchester bombers were directly linked to Libya you could argue that Hillary and the Obama administration is partially responsible for this bombing.
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2017 ---
    Permission to speculate?

10. samcraig macrumors P6

When have you ever needed permission to speculate before? :)

11. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

The world would be a better place had e never invaded Iraq and participated in the regime change of Egypt and Libya. The leaders of these nations were monsters but they knew how to deal with the other monsters that they ruled over. We helped create a power vacuum by supporting the rebel monsters that killed these despots. They were each replaced by something much worse. The same will happen in Syria if we interfere there.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Wow - sounds a lot like the USA ;)

13. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

Please explain?

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Obama/Clinton was replaced with Trump ;) And I was making a huge leap/snarky comment.

15. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

Ok.

16. DrewDaHilp1, May 26, 2017
    Last edited: May 26, 2017

DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You know what country toned down their rhetoric after the West responded to that? Libya. Was Qaddafi a dictator? Yes. Some people need a dictator to keep them in line.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

seems that is the only way they like things in the M-E.

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Hindsight is perfect. However, I agree mostly with what you say. Still, the question I am left with is "What we do when a government of a foreign country starts slaughtering innocent civilians in a systematic way?". In the case of Syria, I think we've done just enough to multiply the damage, but not enough to stop the killing. And, yes, I believe that this was Obama's fault. He did manage to get most of the chemical weapons out of Syria without firing a shot, but he failed miserably in other respects. The most immoral action in a war is to perpetuate it without resolution until the younger generation learns nothing but killing, and I think that's been the outcome in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. Libya is headed that way and possibly Egypt and Tunisia will follow.

I seriously doubt selling Saudi Arabia $1 billion worth of weapons is going to help matters... :(

19. ibookg409 thread starter Suspended

ibookg409

We do nothing. Its not our concern. Even verytime we get involved we make it 10 times worse.

20. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

That is a bit rich actually because if you check into the background of Abedi and his family they were Anti Gadaffi and Fled Libya as Refugees when Gadaffi started looking for them. Based on that they should have been celebrating it when based on your view Obama and Hilary got rid of Gadaffi. They only felt safe to return to Libya after Gadaffi was gone.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Qaddafi may not have been Pro-West maybe at best Neutral-West but the people that were celebrating his downfall are not the people you would want to be supporting.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

lmao, 1000's dead and Millions have FLED AFTER Kadaffy duck was killed. if they felt safe to return it might have something to do with them sympathizing with the extremist that took over

23. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

If the Japanese and Germans (and other countries) hadn't been so foolish as to declare war on the US, would you have stayed out of WWII? I understand what you are saying, but to stand by when people are getting murdered just doesn't seem right. Maybe the solution is to fix the UN, with step #1 being ditching the Security Council, which is a joke.

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Muslim brotherhood took over, so WHERE are Qaddafi's weapons? probably killing U.S soldiers.
    --- Post Merged, May 26, 2017 ---
    apples/oranges................ killings over there are mostly sectarian, they are still in the freaking stone age.