Obama Ambassador Nominee Literally Dies Waiting For Senate Confirmation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Jun 11, 2016.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The hate for Obama is so high, and congress so dysfunctional that now someone has literally died waiting for confirmation. 835 days. Really unbelievable.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...eral-of-longtime-friend-ambassadorial-nominee

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

That's quite a stretch you got there, Mr. Spandex.

3. jkcerda, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

4. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wow. Just wow. This comment is horrible even for you.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You are right . Thoughts with the family , 50 is extremely young to go out .

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

On the brighter side, the government is saved from having to fill the position twice.

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You don't know that! That nice Caribbean climate could've done wonders for her health!

THE GOP LITERALLY KILLED HER! :mad:

8. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

My gosh!I think this is the GOP's solution to less government: simply leave positions empty. Don't replace an ambassador. Don't replace a supreme Court judge. Maybe the end game is to elect Trump so that he can abdicate and we'll have no president?

10. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

That's been the entire Republican game plan for years. Do everything you can to sabotage government, and then claim it doesn't work so it should be cut.

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How come the GOP would ignore their own Merrick Garland, for which many (even McConnell) have said is an oh-so-great guy?

Even the biggest cynic donning a tinfoil hat can't believe it's all a show anymore.

I also saw nobody in the thread named "Mr. Spandex". Are you imagining people? What next, hearing voices?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 12, 2016 ---
    I don't think any of the other GOP candidates were expecting Trump to clinch the nomination. But they've all toed the line before, this time they complain it's only because it's someone who's only 70% of what they agree on instead of 100. Or whatever the percentage is, but I doubt it's lower than 1%.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

And he got two likes for it. :rolleyes:

This is a deriliction of duty and an impeachable offense. Since when did the Legislative Branch get to deny a President putting members of his team in place? He won the election, it should be his right. And if it's not, then the Constitution is in bad need of a rewrite.

If you are an ends justifies the means person and a conservative, you might think this is great, until the shoe is on the other foot. It's terribly selfish, shortsighted, and no matter how anyone wants to rationalize it, it is deriliction of responsibility.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Trump may well abdicate before he gets crowned (or crushed) in Cleveland.

Folding to cut losses is not unfamiliar to this guy. It’s an idea coming a bit late to the high-end GOP donors. In combination, I’d not bet on Trump finishing the race.

14. FieldingMellish Suspended

There are some jobs out there to die for.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

An ambassador position in the Caribbean would be one of them. That's one of those ultra cushy set for life type jobs.

16. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Sad news.

With regard to the nomination, I do wonder sometimes how any member of Congress can do anything other than feeling ashamed of how it's being run. It sounds to me like the GOP are throwing their toys out of their pram. Perhaps that why the public approval of Congress is so low (currently at 16%). Those Republicans really know how to run a legislature.

17. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I'm still hoping that the Republican party comes to its senses and devices that they can't make this mistake and nominate Kasich.

Totally of topic, I've been wondering where you've been!

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

A nice sentiment, but all it'd accomplish is pissing a bunch of people off, who'd then vote 3rd party for Trump, who could ride the government corruption ticket all the way to the White House.

19. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Or split the party even, handing the presidency to Clinton. Which is alright too.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

It could have the potential of even costing Clinton the presidency. People on both sides of the aisle are sick of the status quo to some extent, it's why Trump and Sanders have both made such strong showings this election season. It's gotten to the point where the mere rumor that Sanders was cheated votes by the DNC has stirred up a mini controversy among a group that would traditionally vote democrat, who are now swearing they won't vote for Hillary, regardless of the consequences.

So considering the political instability of the times, the last thing the GOP should do is create a situation that justifies Trump's self-declared position as an outsider fighting against corruption in DC.

21. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Haha - while he is the corruption being fought against in so many other places.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Oh, that's just the MSM being mean to him.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Oh right. My bad.