Obama Assassination Plot stopped

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jaduffy108, Aug 25, 2008.

1. jaduffy108 macrumors 6502a

Amazing. People accuse Obama of lack of patriotism and similar BS, while he risks his life daily. :rolleyes:

Supposedly, the FBI will be holding a news conference tomorrow afternoon.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/25/202351/297/530/575086

Oh how I wish the west coast could secede from the US....I'm 47 years old and not one single truly progressive President in my lifetime. Time to apply for citizenship in the Netherlands.

2. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Scary. :eek: Let's hope Thursday comes and goes without a hitch.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

And so it begins...

I wish I could say I were surprised, but I'm only surprised that there's only been one (that we know of). :( And I HATE that I'm even writing that. *sigh*

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree. some people are filled with such hate for no reason. very pathetic in my opinion

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

So true.

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

I also sadly agree with you.

7. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Good luck with that. It's really hard, I tired.

8. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

Unfortunately, the once liberal Dutch are drifting more and more to the right and becoming a lot more intolerant. In some cases it's understandable but in others it's worryingly authoritarian and nannying. Still, nothing on the UK. Mind you .. give Sarkozy 10 years and we'll be in the same boat.

As for people saying "filled with hate and for no reason" it sounds like my mum! With Obama it will be business as usual. I heard his speech to AIPAC and he's no different to any that's gone before him. People may talk sense in opposition but as soon as they get in power everyone becomes a company man.

9. darkwing macrumors 65816

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080826/D92PU35O0.html

Officials say he wasn't a credible threat to Obama.

Besides, if you hate a politician so much and are convinced he's wrong for the country, then I think it makes more sense to let him do what you think will damage the country so people will vote him out and remember instead of causing the nation to rally around him. Just my 0.02.

Give the Muslims another 25 years and you'll be a majority Muslim nation. So long, France...

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Imagine if he was all Black, and not just 1/2?? :eek:

:rolleyes:

11. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Skin heads trying to get publicity, I bet they were not going to do anything of the sort.

12. ski2moro macrumors 6502

I would put nothing past Hillary and her minions.

13. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

it's first page news on newspaper around the world, but it's not yet even mentioned on us media.
    odd.

14. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Just heard about this. I have a feeling for ever one or two they find out about, there are probably more they don't know about. I am hoping none of them come to lite thou.

15. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

It doesn't really sound like the most credible threat, if they were 100% serious and committed to it why would they admit to trying to kill him when first questioned?

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yep. It is very sad.

17. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

Give the Muslims another 25 years and you'll be a majority Muslim nation. So long, France...[/QUOTE]

When I go to the supermarket which is about once every 10 days I never see anyone obviously a muslim. I do see a black man pretty regularly and very occasionally an hasidic jew. It reminds me of the Bill Hicks gag about hearing the bad news on TV and he looks out of his window and all he hears is cicadas!

Seriously though there's a difference between having a high population of muslims and a militant mob demanding Sharia law. There's been trouble, riots and so forth but a lot of it with good reason.

What do I know, the loudest thing kicking up a racket around me are owls.:)

18. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Great. A couple of drugged-up skinheads with a rifle. Just goes to prove that, barring 9/11, domestic terrorism has always been a bigger threat than foreign terrorism. Bush is busy looking for dark-skinned middle easterners, and here are his own constituents planning to kill people.

I love the way the news report characterizes the rifle scope as "high-powered". They always have to add adjectives when describing firearms, to make them sound scary.

Yes, I'm sure that California has it all figured out. :rolleyes:

Still buying your electricity and water from elsewhere?

19. darkwing macrumors 65816

When I go to the supermarket which is about once every 10 days I never see anyone obviously a muslim. I do see a black man pretty regularly and very occasionally an hasidic jew. It reminds me of the Bill Hicks gag about hearing the bad news on TV and he looks out of his window and all he hears is cicadas!

Seriously though there's a difference between having a high population of muslims and a militant mob demanding Sharia law. There's been trouble, riots and so forth but a lot of it with good reason.

What do I know, the loudest thing kicking up a racket around me are owls.:)[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there is a nation that considers owls a delicacy? If so, you should invite them in and solve the problem. :)

I think like anywhere it depends on where you live. When I lived in California I hardly ever saw white people. When I go to southwestern West Virginia I never see any non-white people unless I go into Charleston. Here in Utah I mostly see whites and occasionally some hispanics.

This is what I was talking about, though: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2004/01/26/do2601.xml

Edmund, California's gets plenty of water on its own at least in the northern part. The big problem there is the people in the southern part stealing a lot of it. (I used to live in Norcal, obviousl. :) )

20. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please. Just like the terr'rists are comin' ta get us too! :rolleyes:

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Dear White-Supremacists,

Please don't kill Obama.

Thanks

Obeygiant

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

23. Henri Gaudier macrumors 6502a

Henri Gaudier

Darkwing - I've just read your Telegraph link and as I'm reading it I can't believe how low the journalism is. "Can this be professional journalism?" "It's a politically motivated opinion piece" I thought by "some inexperienced newcomer." Then I found the authors name and it clicked into place. Barbara Amiel is the wife of the then owner of The Telegraph, the disgraced thief and media mogul Conrad Black. Black and Amiel are well known Zionists and I see this piece as very biased indeed. If it were reversed (against Judaism) it wouldn't have even been printed. The problem it states may well come to pass but it's tone is alarmist and prejudiced.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ugh- religion. Are people's individual realities so sad that they have to escape into fantasy? I mean really, what is so awful in the world that people have to run to things like religion?

OK- sorry- rant over. Let's get back OT. :) I'm afraid this won't be the last assassination plot we hear about.