Obama Bows to the Mayor of Tampa, FL

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
Are you sure he isn't just picking something up, or looking at a hot ass, like the last time an Obama gaffe picture came up? :p
This is a president whose tacky idea of diplomacy is exemplified by a state gift of a DVD movie set to a foreign leader (our oldest and most trusted world ally)! Obama should just staple a paper to the back of his jacket saying "idiot"....

Weasel Zippers phrases the issue best:

Why The Hell Would Obama Bow To Tampa Mayor?
http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2010/02/why-the-hell-would-obama-bow-to-tampa-mayor.html
Hey, what's that on the ground? Oh, it's just my dignity...

Obama does his best to embarass this nation daily...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
This is a president whose tacky idea of diplomacy is exemplified by a state gift of a DVD movie set to a foreign leader (our oldest and most trusted world ally)! Obama should just staple a paper to the back of his jacket saying "idiot"....

Weasel Zippers phrases the issue best:

Why The Hell Would Obama Bow To Tampa Mayor?
http://www.weaselzippers.net/blog/2010/02/why-the-hell-would-obama-bow-to-tampa-mayor.html
Hey, what's that on the ground? Oh, it's just my dignity...

Obama does his best to embarass this nation daily...
Yea, he embarrasses the country every day, which is why he is the most like US president around the world in about, 8ish years?

The WORLD likes Obama, get the hell over it man.

Should I grab a picture of Georgey Boy holding hands with foreign leaders like they're lovers? These things don't ****ing matter as much as you'd like the rest of us to believe. :rolleyes:

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
das Fort
Yea, he embarrasses the country every day, which is why he is the most like US president around the world in about, 8ish years?
So because "the world" likes him better than one other guy we should be okay with everything he does?

The WORLD likes Obama, get the hell over it man.
I guess he should run for President of the WORLD then. Besides, global opinion of the man has dipped pretty sharply in the past few months (though not as quickly as "local" opinion has).

Should I grab a picture of Georgey Boy holding hands with foreign leaders like they're lovers?
He did it with more than one?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
So because "the world" likes him better than one other guy we should be okay with everything he does?

I guess he should run for President of the WORLD then. Besides, global opinion of the man has dipped pretty sharply in the past few months (though not as quickly as "local" opinion has).

WTF are you talking about? Where do I even come close to hinting that? Do you really think there are people stupid enough to suggest such a thing?

If you have a problem with the man just say it, but to suggest I think such a downright stupid idea is beyond me. Don't put words in my mouth, especially ones that anyone who has any clue who I am would find ridiculous.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Why does Obama feel that he needs to bow to anyone remotely oriental? Was there a teleprompter malfunction and he didn't know what to do? Or was he just looking at his shoes gain?

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/02/02/alg_bow.jpg

Who gives a s***? What is wrong with you people?

What's next, an "Obama breathes the wrong way" thread? :rolleyes:

Go get a hobby, for god's sake. :mad:

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
BREAKING: Obama prefers his toilet paper hung in the overhand fashion on the roll. Why does he hate America?

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
das Fort
WTF are you talking about? Where do I even come close to hinting that?
You wrote, "Yea, he embarrasses the country every day, which is why he is the most like (sic) US president around the world in about, 8ish years?"

As there has only been one other president of the U.S. in the last "8ish" years, your readers can only assume you are comparing him to that one other president.

Do you really think there are people stupid enough to suggest such a thing?.
I do. I just quoted one of them three times.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You wrote, "Yea, he embarrasses the country every day, which is why he is the most like (sic) US president around the world in about, 8ish years?"

As there has only been one other president of the U.S. in the last "8ish" years, your readers can only assume you are comparing him to that one other president.
If you're going to get bent out of shape at least do it over the correct part of the sentence.

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois

I do. I just quoted one of them three times.
This is pathetic.

Why is he bowing?
Who cares?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Why is he bowing?
Europeans can bow too:

Wiki said:
In European cultures — aside from bows done by performers on stage, such as at the curtain call — bowing is an exclusively male practice, and females instead perform a related gesture called a "curtsey" or "curtsy." The depth of the bow is related to the degree of respect or gratitude. In European courtly circles, males were expected to "bow and scrape" (hence the term "bowing and scraping" for what appears to be excessive ceremony). "Scraping" refers to the drawing back of the right leg as one bows, such that the right foot scrapes the floor or earth. Typically, while executing such a bow, the man's left hand is pressed horizontally across the abdomen while the right is held out from the body.