Obama budgets $17,613 for every new illegal minor, more than Social Security retirees get

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, May 2, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don't think these figures are comparable...

4. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

The title of this thread is not even true (the content: suspect). If the average SS income is $14,772 per year, retirees obviously receive more in benefits that the one-time allocation of $17,613 for each unaccompanied minor refugee. It is time to start using your brain.

5. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

How much do illegal immigrant children get for crossing over into Mexico or Canada?

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Well, except that:

1. Many retirees don't live long enough to collect SS, and

2. Those retirees who DO collect SS are collecting from a fund into which they paid. The payment to these illegal minors is simply free money to them.

7. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Free money? Who is being given money?

You are critical of a program you don't understand the workings of.

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

You wont get an answer to this but Ill help: $ZERO. Because only the US is stupid enough and has enough bleeding-heart sissies to support such crap. Makes me sick.

9. Robisan macrumors 6502

100% of what your "story" says! Because these programs have no overhead or administrative costs whatsoever. The money is magically delivered - in cash!! - to unaccompanied immigrant children, who immediately spend it on steak and lobster and 60" flat screens.

And the REAL OUTRAGE?? Why can't these children get jobs and pay for themselves?? Huh? Huh?? Or why can't these unaccompanied children just arrange transportation to go back where they came from?? Effing illegal freeloaders...

10. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Surprised no one is protesting Mexico..especially Mexican who illegally immigrate here to get away from Mexico, then fly Mexican flags demanding we give them rights.

Wouldn't it be easier to have all US citizens who want illegal immigration no border policies to sign up for being a benefactor and adopt an illegal alien family in their homes and provide food, shelter, education, and basic support? That way they can joyfully practice what they preach.

The real outrage is that Mexican nationals or others are not fighting for justice and fair employment in their OWN country, but come here DEMANDING IT from us.

11. Robisan macrumors 6502

No wonder you're worried. These unaccompanied illegal children must be a bunch of supergeniuses.

12. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

Not keen on promoting the lack of responsibility Mexico is taking for THEIR failed government and failed policies on taking care of THEIR children, while they promote openly criticizing any regulation at the US border.

13. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Perhaps it isn't cash, but it's tangible just the same.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Depends what it is. If it's immigration costs possibly not. Housing children without (decent) parents is expensive. For that $15000 is very cheap.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Most of the children are fleeing from places like Honduras, where we assisted in a coup, and are running from direct and certain death (that we ship them back to). But hey, don't let reality get in the way of your ignorant worldview.
    --- Post Merged, May 2, 2016 ---
    God forbid children eat instead of starving to death. With all those tangibles like...food and even water. Who the hell do those kids think they are risking certain death?!?! :mad:

16. thewap thread starter macrumors demi-god

thewap

While I have compassion for starving children, expecting the US to care for the whole world's problems will destroy this country.

Who will come to the aid of the US?

Maybe the best solution is to stop the war monger coup Queen Hillary who was instrumental in overthrowing the Honduras govt. to benefit her corporate interests would be a start. Ignorance in world view is often based in hypocrisy.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I agree, the USA has to stop destroying countries and dismissing those who flee the chaos it creates. Let's take ONE decade to stop destroying other countries and watch how the numbers of people fleeing to the US drops.

18. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Wait until you are in retirement, then you'll think differently, you'll be a little upset that a kid who's not even from your country get's more money than you when you paid into it your entire life through your hard work. How would you feel if the government gave me a loan for $17,000 and I don't have any debt and my family makes good money already, while you are sitting with yearly taxes on a house, not to mention food and amenities and no one will hire you?
    Lol have you seen a picture of Hiroshima lately? Looks pretty good and a lot of that was US tax dollars between 1945 and today.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

My taxes pay something like £75000/child/year for every one that can't be looked after by their parents.

20. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Yes we have non-profit orgs that do that in America that are funded through government grants (mostly) and donations.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'd be pretty pissed off that I live in a country that can't get its **** together when it comes to providing a living pension like every other civilized nation on the planet does for retirement.

Why am I going to be upset that a kid, who fled more death and destruction than I'll ever know, almost died (and likely saw several other children die on the journey) to escape such a place and is NOW getting the assistance he needs to survive?

Seriously, why am I going to be upset by that?
    Your system has failed tremendously when it has to rely on charities to fill the gaps in what should be a function of the society itself.
    What in the **** is that to do with my post? The LEAST we could do after killing hundreds of thousands of people in an instant is foot the bill for the recovery. Jesus you are some kind of monster.

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Ha, ha - What??

23. mildocjr macrumors 65816

My reasoning is this, because of that we spend a lot of money on foreign aid, and since America is this broken, I don't see why we need to continue helping others when we are getting to a point where we have trouble helping ourselves. I'm not denying that the system is failed, I'm not denying that we have to rely on charities, the fact that we do have to rely on charities actually makes my point. America is trying to be an foster parent when they'd fail the test to become a foster parent.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

America doesn't spend a lot on foreign aid. $30 billion. Which is ~1% of the budget.

25. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Obviously you've never opened a finance book.
    Yeah but it was still 1.4B going to Afganistan alone in 2015. Think about how many homeless people that would have fed and helped them get on their feet, how many jobs that could have opened for those who are unemployed and searching the system for free money.

Another thing about America is that the government has no problem overspending on things that don't cost near as much.