Obama cant figure out iphone

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by squeeks, Sep 10, 2012.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Source

What a moron...

And it gets better

2. Coleman2010, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

1) It looks like there was a problem with the first iPhone.
    2) President Obama has an iPad. There is no way someone would have a problem using an iPhone if they use an iPad. So refer back to my 1st point.
    3) Your source the washington times is a right leaning rag. I wouldn't trust anything they write. I googled for this article and it only appears on right leaning sites. There is no source from AP or White House pool report.
    4) I call BS.

3. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Yep, I'm sure Mitt Romney has a rooted Android phone, has overclocked his processor, and flashes several custom roms. ;)

4. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Just because someone owns something, doesn't mean they know how to use it.

I don't know if something was wrong with the iPhone or not. And, frankly, I don't care. His inability, or ability, to use an iPhone is not something I'll base my vote on.

So, you don't trust the Washington Times... I assume you don't trust Fox News for the same reason... is it safe to assume then that if any organization presents an opinion that differs from yours, it is a "right leaning rag" that is not to be trusted?

Don't get me wrong, they do present a more conservative perspective, but if you can't trust them because of their right-leaning perspective, can you trust the likes of MSNBC or the Washington Post because of their left leaning perspective?

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Just a point of English ...

The sentence, “It’s not clear he knows how to dial on an iPhone,” doesn't mean "Obama doesn't know how to use an iPhone." It means it's unclear to the reporter whether Obama knows how to use an iPhone.

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

If it appeared on AP or the White House pool report I'd believe it. Google the News section of Google and there is no mention. If it's only found in the right wing echo chamber it means it's not true.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

squeeks, my man, where you been? We have way better trolls in here than you now but it is nice to see you.

8. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Umm I am just going to say if you have never used the iPhone it can be rather confusing to use. It is not as straight forward as you think and it is very different from the blackberry.

The dialers in both are very different. I could hand you my Android phone and you could struggle with the dailers because it is very different than what you are used 2.

To me this is a non story and just making the right look like idiots. Are you all that desperate.

9. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I'm just wondering what kind of hardened security options are available on iPhones these days?

What kind of cell phone does the President normally use?

10. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I do not trust the Unification Church, more commonly known as the "Moonies", which runs the Washington Times.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Obama uses a blackberry for presidential stuff. He has an iPhone but I'm not sure if he actually makes calls from it. He may only receive calls from it.

12. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Good grief....So he had an issue with his iPhone???? How many post's here related to the same topic.

It's not likely to change the sway of opinion either way.:)

13. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Took me a while to figure out adding contacts from a recently dialed number or text, and I've been using Macs since I was 10. Apple's intuitive design isn't always that intuitive.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Well, at least we know that if he can't use an iPhone, he won't be distracted by Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja when he is supposed to be working. :p

15. BladesOfSteel macrumors regular

BladesOfSteel

Don't under estimate the stupidity of American voters. I will bet some idiot will see this and now vote against Obama.

It is along the lines of celebrities backing candidates. Honestly, who would vote for someone solely because an actor (Eastwood, Clooney, Pitt, Voight... whoever) sides with that candidate.

I can just see it play out in living rooms across the country... Wait, is that Eastwood at the RNC?? I loved Unforgiven! I totally related to that character in The Good The Bad The Ugly. I'm going to vote for Romney because Eastwood is there! Or... Wait, is that George Clooney narrating the video for Obama during the DNC?? Well, we know he's one of the sexiest people alive... and if he's for Obama, SO AM I!!!!

16. k995 macrumors 6502a

Sure who needs a J.D. magna cum laude , just being able to work an iphone is enough. The only moron here is ...

17. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

When I read the OP, I just figured troll thread, but this post made me laugh.

18. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It might be intuitiveish to someone who has never use a cell phone maybe. But one thing many people forget who scream how great and intuitive products are is that what people use or are used to is a huge factor in how they think things should work.

19. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

And being Mac users, we're all familiar with "We know what you want better than you do" design philosophy. ;)

20. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This is inaccurate. The Obama campaign made fun of McCain's inability to use email, trying to paint him as out of touch, but they didn't make put him down because of his injuries, his inability to use email was a consequence of his injuries.

It's a subtle, but important detail.

22. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Let's see ..........

Mid 2007 ....... Late 2008
    The first iPhone was released.
    Obama decides to run for president and starts his campaign.

Late 2008 ..... Present day 2012
    Obama is elected for president. He begins his four years of presidency.
    4 more iPhones are released during this time.

So just maybe Obama was too busy running the freaking country than worried about how to operate an iPhone. :cool:

23. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

You forgot to add it was Bush's fault:D

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Do you guys not remember the fight he had just to get a cell phone that wasn't a complete brick?

It will be years before the office of president, for security reasons, has a personal mobile phone with an interface anything like an iphone. You've all seen his super secret custom NSA blackberry right?

Question is, when in his presidency would he have the time to sit around and even use an iphone?

25. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Isn't there an app for running the country on the iPhone?