Obama creates 100,000 well-paying jobs. Does not Tweet about it.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vrDrew, Dec 11, 2016.

1. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Iran just placed an order for $16 billion worth of Boeing airplanes.

That's tens of thousands of good, high-paying, family-supporting jobs. Created without spending a penny of Taxpayer money. Sixteen billion dollars worth of exports. For a US company, operating in a free-market competitive economy. (And beating out our European friends into the bargain.)

I'm waiting for the Trumpistas to weigh in on how this is such a terrible deal.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

BS Title. Boeing existed before Obama. How does Obama get credit for this at all?

3. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

He already gave Iran 1.3 billion.
    Still..... pretty good return on investment.

4. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

His administration though it's policies helped normalize relations with Iran to some extent.

He gave them their own money, your point?

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't think paying 1.6 billion in ransom money for our sailors is the best commerce policy, do you?

6. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

You want to know what I say to Obama about these jobs?

[​IMG]

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

As I said for the other post, there's no need to compare two presidents on this kind of numbers just to rub it in the face of the other side's supporters (as if labor had a "side").
    I am just glad that more Americans will have a job that they might thrive in.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

That's you spin on the matter.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Is it spin, or fact? Not being argumentative just asking. We paid that money to get our people back, right?

10. appleisking macrumors 6502a

That's one way of looking at it. Another way is we would have paid that money anyway, and decided to withhold it until after the hostages are released for leverage.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Another way to look st it is that Iran TOOK OUR CITIZENS HOSTAGE AND HELD THEM FOR RANSOM. It's an act of war. Then Obama said he only paid $400 million to get them back.

Iran commits an act of war and people here call it a good investment. It's crazy.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The question should be: We gave them their money back to get our people back? Those at high levels against Obama would certainly say that especially with the end justifies the means standard so prevalent in today's GOP and Right Wing blogs. Whether it's true or not boils down to whom you want to trust and believe. These days I feel like a pawn. I know who I want to believe, but I have no basis to say I know with certainty.

13. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

None of this explains how Obama CREATED 1000000 jobs.

14. TheAppleFairy macrumors 68020

TheAppleFairy

Iran plans on flying said airliners into skyscrapers worldwide, therefore creating construction jobs as well.

15. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

If there is one thing I know about the Iranian people, it's this: They want to be friends with the United States.

That doesn't mean there aren't problems with the Iranian Government. With the Mullahs and the Revolutionary Guards. With the Quds forces.

But just as in the US, and Britain, and most other places - Iran is not a monolithic society. And that the elected Government is relatively liberal. Most urban Iranians are relatively liberal. Most young Iranians (and there are a lot of them) are relatively liberal.

Right now, the sanctions regime is helping only one group: Iran's Revolutionary Guards (the people who are most anti-American): Because they control the smuggling operations the gets around sanctions, it makes them a lot of money, and therefore power.

That doesn't mean Iran wants to turn into California in the middle east. It certainly doesn't mean Iran wants the US bossing it around. But if we give the Iranian people a little respect. Give them a chance to better their own lives. And extend a hand of friendship and humanity - then it seems more than plausible that within a few years Iran's elected Government will have gained enough credibility (through solving some of that country's economic problems) that we could start moving towards a normalization of relations with Iran.

And that can only be good for the US. Because it gives us another partner to balance out the Saudis. It takes a huge pressure off Israel (which, at one time was an ally of Iran). And, as we've already seen: Iran has been one of the most effective forces in fighting the utter horror that is ISIS.

But I'm very fearful that none of the jokers in Trump's marked deck are capable of seeing this. The Iran hostage crisis was almost forty years ago. It's time for us all to move on. And good for Boeing, and for Iran's transportation ministry for taking this first, massive, and win-win step for achieving that goal.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If this is the one thing you KNOW about Iran please spare us anything else you may know.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/12/22/opinion/sunday/what-iranians-say-now-about-the-great-satan.html

"Chants of “Death to America” remain a feature of Friday prayers at Tehran University, even though they seem more of a perfunctory ritual than a real display of rage."

Yup. The Iranians are dying to be facebook friends with us. Try so really want to get a malt with us at the corner sofa shop.

17. kobalap macrumors 6502

Obama doesn't create jobs, the demand for planes creates jobs. The only question was, who would Iran be buying the plane from.

Incidentally, Iran is no friend of the United States. For all the jobs that is created by this sale, I am not sure it is good for the U.S., all things considered.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 11, 2016 ---
    That was Iran's money.
    Bolshevik
    Easing trade sanctions on Iran allows them to buy things like planes from U.S. manufacturers.

18. vrDrew thread starter macrumors 65816

Do you think that Donald Trump invented air-conditioning? Humidity?

That didn't stop that orange-faced buffoon from bragging about his "deal" with Carrier. A slimy backroom deal that involved various Government agencies bribing a highly profitable defense contractor to keep a few hundred jobs in Indiana.

Without the Iran deal, nobody would get the order for Iran's airplanes. But make no mistake about this: If your moron Trump tears it up, the Iranians are going to be buying $16 billion worth of planes from Airbus. Meaning all the good jobs go to Toulouse and Frankfurt, rather than Seattle and Kansas City.

Welcome to the real world. Maybe in the meantime you can find some fake news to create an alternate reality that's more comforting to you.

19. kobalap macrumors 6502

No. I've been pretty vocal about my disdain for Trump. Just because one represents conservative principles doesn't mean one is a Trump supporter. In fact, quite the contrary.

Here is what I had to say about Trump and Carrier:
    Why do you feel a need to resort to personal attacks? Honest question.

20. Zenithal Suspended

Which might be good for Airbus because they're already on contract to deliver passenger jets and turboprops to the Islamic Republic.

21. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Let us just hope those planes aren't flown into buildings....

22. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Russia commits an act of war and all the trumpies are silent. It's crazy.

23. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

So wait...you want war or you don't want war? I'm confused now.

24. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Every bucket needs a drop put into it. 100K is good, although it hardly balances the millions of well-paying jobs lost. The big problem is that job creation of whatever sort has barely kept up with population growth, and most job growth has been in the low-pay category.

While I in no way want deregulation anywhere near the "deregulate everything" style, it's obvious from way too many business people that we've lost jobs due to excessive and nit-picky regulations. Not directly a president's fault, of course, but the leaders of an administration control agency rules--and those leaders are presidential appointees.

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

What is this act of war? Is there any proof at all to support your claim?
    --- Post Merged, Dec 12, 2016 ---
    I 100% do not want war. That's why I didn't vote for Pig Hillary.