Obama designates national gay rights monument

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jun 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. thermodynamic, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...a-stonewall-inn-gay-rights-monumenr/86336980/

Congrats. I wonder how this will be received, especially by Log Cabin Republicans and other non-Democrats?

If love conquers hate, among other issues, how come so many gay people with STDs like HIV/AIDS share such disease with people without telling them beforehand of their status? Doesn't that sound more like an action hate - not love. Or pure selfish narcissism if nothing else?

2. steve knight, Jun 24, 2016

steve knight Suspended

steve knight

it will be hated almost as much as gays themselves I am surprised it has not been attacked yet. or someone blames Hillary. it is amazing how much fear sex brings out in people.

3. aaronvan, Jun 24, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It's a fetish in the gay community. 60 Minutes did a segment on it once.

4. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Well this thread escalated quickly...

On topic, this is absolutely deserved. The place has an amazing history and has served as a safe space for so many of us for so long.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

WTF? What does that issue have to do with a national monument? I swear sometimes your post are just as bad as the post from people who outright hate us.

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

of all the self-identifying bug chasers, most of them don't actually seek to become infected with HIV or any other STI. In other words, self-identifying bug chasers/gift givers aren't really classifiable as bug chasers/gift givers. That's not to say that there aren't any bug chasers/gift givers, but my research has shown that most of it is pure fantasy/role play/make believe/whatever you want to call it.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And really with PrEP coming along, such things are becoming a non-issue in the gay community. That trend will only continue to improve with time.

Though all of this still has nothing to do with Stonewall being made a national monument (which is awesome).

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I know quite a lot of people who are not using condoms because they're on PrEP. They think PrEP is a sure thing, so they choose to not use condoms.

Also, the damage it does to your kidneys and liver :eek:

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

To date, I know of no studies that indicate that it is anything but a sure thing if you take it every day, but if you know of some studies that are showing something different or significant risk I would love to see them. Condoms are more or less an illusion of safety not real safety as they were designed to prevent pregnancy (and even then they are not perfect) not HIV.

Here's a story on a study done by my health care provider:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...truvada-is-startlingly-100-percent-effective/

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

The Stonewall Inn probably has the distinction of being the first (and only) mafia-owned property turned into a national memorial.

Fundamental change.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's okay....Donald will have Trump tower turned into one too. :D

12. FieldingMellish Suspended

Just another event after having long since jumped the shark.

Americans are fatigued by all the constant proselytizing.

As though hundreds of vulgar gay "pride" parades across the United States and throughout the year isn't enough.

Oh, wait! Isn't there an official gay "pride" week going on about now?

Great time for a politician in search of a legacy to score points. Whom might that be?

13. Technarchy, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016

Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I don't have an issue with this. I personally thought everyone already considered Stonewall a monument already.

In fact, when my wife and I first went to NYC after getting married we both took photos in front of the the Stonewall Inn. It has significant history in my opinion.

14. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Yes, because those dastardly gays won’t stop until they’ve convinced others to be gay with them!:rolleyes:

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

How come std rates are so high among homosexuals?

16. Moyank24, Jun 25, 2016

Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Actually it's not just a week. We get a whole month!

We're here. We're queer. Get used to it!

/old school
    --- Post Merged, Jun 25, 2016 ---
    Why don't you start a new thread if you're so interested?

Then maybe we can try to stay on topic in this one?

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Probably a lack of education. And let's face it, with two guys there is less likelihood of someone having a headache..guys will pretty much do it anytime! I really wouldn't know though since not even once have I ever had an std. :D

Although maybe since you are heterosexual (I assume) maybe you should ask why heterosexuals have more HIV risk than lesbians (you know..half of the same sex story which you, like most people miss completely)?

Then ask yourself why you are even asking this question at all on a story about a national monument. When other national monuments have been made, have you contemplated the std rates of the person or people involved? No? Then why are you doing it now? :rolleyes:

18. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Indeed

Husseins working rather feverishly to salvage his soiled, rather frail legacy.

19. WarHeadz, Jun 25, 2016

WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Too late. President Obama already declared the month of June to be PRIDE month a year ago.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 25, 2016 ---
    Don't know, never had one in my 10 years of active homosexualizing.

Let's face it, the only thing standing in between most straight men and unlimited on demand sex is women. If women were as generally horny creatures as men are, std rates among straight people would be pretty similar. Notice how std rates are much lower amongst lesbian women than gay men?

But take for example my coworker. Sweetest guy ever, straight as an arrow. He's also very good looking and has a certain swagger that most straight men simply don't have that makes women throw themselves at him. He's had around 100 sexual partners give or take. He's had an std before, I haven't. Go figure.

Moral of the story, if straight guys got laid as much as they wanted, they would have pretty high std rates too.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Don't know anything about this monument, but it sounds reasonable.

21. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I think we should go back to American traditions burning if witches and killing people who are different and forcing hod on them.

22. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

What an amazing display of homophobia.

[​IMG]

23. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

How come people always point out the higher levels of STDs in homosexual men, yet completely ignore the LOWER LEVELS in lesbians?

24. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Sad part is he claims to be "ex-gay" aka bi. The worst homophobes are bisexual men because they can be fooled into believing that everyone has the same choice they do.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 26, 2016 ---
    They also often ignore higher STD rates among straight minorities because they don't want to sound racist. Gays are fair game though.

25. bandrews macrumors 6502a

Because lesbians don't exist - like unicorns and eskimos. And even if they did it would only be to entertain straight men.