"Obama doesn't love America"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dsnort, Feb 22, 2015.

1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

2. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think Rudy is an ******* who wouldn't even be a footnote in the history books if it wasn't for 9/11.

4. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

This is a perfect example of why I absolutely detest politics. We waste so much time in this country with petty bickering over politicans calling each other names, indignantly overreacting to namecalling, demanding canned "apologies" that everybody knows are canned, and generally wasting our brain cells on insignificant partisan nonsense that we are incapable of discussing any issues that are actually important, even if we left ourselves time to do so.

It was a dumb thing to say. It's a dumb thing to be angry about someone saying. It's utterly unimportant next to actual problems such as foreign policy decisions, immigration policies, etc., yet it monopolizes air time on the news and on front pages. Worse, it's not just this one episode. It happens constantly, at every level of politics.

5. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Everyone dust off your flag pin and other meaningless trinkets of nationalism.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Now if Rudy phrased his distain for the president not loving America by his use of spying on it's citizens then yes he would have a case.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Loves it enough to spy on its citizens w/o due process
    Loves it enough to keep it at war
    Loved it enough to pass the NDAA and justifying prolonged detention

Funny way of loving America

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Rudy agrees with him on all of that stuff tho. It's just the being a muslim that he doesn't like.

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

It's pretty much why America has stalled and become ineffective at pretty much anything. Everyone expends so much energy elevating every minute disagreement into front page news and breaking-news round-the-clock coverage that they push real issues into invisibility. They get their base all riled up about gun rights and gay marriage and washing hands when working in food service, that people don't pay attention to the fact that our infrastructure is falling apart and looks like garbage or that 40% of our working people make less than minimum wage 45 years ago.

I don't know what the next 20 years will bring, but I predict a complete implosion of the America as we knew it.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Ghouliani had left the Big Apple and moved to Nutter Town.

However, Obama is a politically-correct incompetent Milquetoast and even they can love their country.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I almost started a thread on this subject, until I came to the conclusion that Guliani is a political has-been, whose opinion doesn't amount to much any more.

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Nitpicking can make any President look good or bad. The Reps have their heads way further up corporate America's ass than the Dems do. I surely do not want a Rep as president anytime soon.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I do, it's the only way the democrats & uber liberals complain about war or what gets done to the constitution

15. TimelessOne macrumors regular

oh look a GOP making a fool out of themselves again. Yet another example of the issues with politics and why no one can work together.
    Any one claiming the GOP is willing to worth with the other side is a liar as they keep making comments like this that is nothing more than to get people angry. Really the GOP should come out at shoot down Rudy.

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

To be fair this really is all Giuliani with a few stragglers agreeing with him, Bobby Jindal being one of them. Most on the GOP side are distancing themselves from Giuliani. While most might hate Obama, they know that comments like this don't bold well with the public, as it's seen as disrespectful to the office of the POTUS. Giuliani is trying to make himself relevant for 2016 in some capacity. It's a childish political stunt.

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Have you watched Fox News lately? They have been pushing this nonsense forever and trying to con the American people into believing that they represent "Real" Americans and anyone who doesn't embrace their ideology doesn't love America. Look at the names of their shows, America's Newsroom and America's HeadQuarters. Giuliani was only spewing what they preach over at Fox News on a daily basis. The only difference was he directed his comments at the president.

18. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Didn't team Obama portray Romney as being disdainful of 47% of the population in the 2012 election? No less offensive IMO.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

They also used Romney's own words in that regard, far different then someone stating their pure opinion.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You didn't mention what you thought of Romney's original statement.

How offensive was that?

21. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

I saw a compilation on youtube of Obama repeatedly saying he loves America and all that, yet Giuliani says he's never heard him say it...

What an idiot.

----------

No, Romney did.

22. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

There is a valid argument in that but this is still about a politician coming out right and saying it. While Fox news pushes the same rhetoric, it's usually done through standard opinion heads which arnt seen as controversial. And yes this includes all news channels.

23. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I believe his comments were largely factual, but apparently many people were offended by them. Obama certainly did a good job getting voters to question romney's basic character and integrity.

24. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

You do realize the 47% consist mostly of the elderly and blue collar workers, right?

I mean, vast swathes of my home state of Ohio is part of the 47%, and they work 40 hours a week to live hand to mouth.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462