Obama donates to Clinton Campaign.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Jun 26, 2008.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

What a gentleman, this Obama guy. Nice way to win over her supporters as well. ;)

2. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

We all know Obama's repayment plan is just a copy of Clinton's. Hopefully Obama will stop trying to appease moderates, and learn the meaning of the words "maxed out".

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

what i dont understand is all the speculation of whether or not his campaign will pay off her debt. She dug herself into that hole, why does FOX news seem to think HE should pay it off?:confused:

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

He won't. He can't. :confused: He gave her $2300 of his own money, as have several of those with his campaign. He's just encouraging his supporters, and hers, to help her out. To try to win over some of those who still think he hasn't done enough to "atone" to her, which for some reason some people seem to think he needs to.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

thats the part that confuses me as well, has any candidate in history absorbed the debt of another? Why does FOX news* make it sound like paying off her debt is the usual thing to do?

*disclaimer, i now its FOX news, which explains half the crap you see on that channel.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Things never really went this far and this long into it, as close as it was, as the losing person lost quite that much money. The situation itself is usual then. There is sort of a gentleman's (pardon the term) agreement to help out if the other(s) in your group need help afterward with some debt, but generally, there isn't this much debt. Clinton needs this. Obama is just being nice, and saying he needs her and her supporters help. Though ever poll I've read lately says he probably doesn't. Couldn't hurt.

As for Fox, well, that's Fox for you.

Clinton Makes First Appearance As Obama Surrogate

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I don't think it ever has happened, because it's not legal. So Faux News is just pulling it out of their ass, like they do with everything else they report on

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

He's just playing politics. Good move, I say.

9. bamaworks macrumors 6502

I think that was the right thing to do. People seem to forget that Barack and Hillary are both part of the same party... everyone got caught up in the limbo of their tight race and forgot that they stand for similar issues and realistically are both extremely important to their political party. The donation is an excellent way to help spur people to help Hillary pay off her significant debt and a good will gesture to a well fought primary.