Obama economy is awesome for some!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mcrain, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

You know those Bush tax cuts, you know the ones, Republicans love to point out how Obama extended them. Well they are working... if your insanely rich.

These 400 collectively equal 1/8 of the entire US economy. If only they had another tax cut, every problem would be solved!

2. AhmedFaisal Guest

Sorry just couldn't resist......:D:p;)

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sweet! With all these people making so much money, we should be able to pay down the national debt.

Oh wait...they want tax cuts? :rolleyes:

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

It was the most memorable time of my life, It was a touching moment, because I never thought this day would happen. I won't have to worry about putting gas in my G6, I won't have to worry about paying my 5th mansion's mortgage, you know, if I help him, he's gonna help me.

5. elistan macrumors 6502a

Hey, we're working on it - six of top 400 IRS returns, in terms of AGI, for 2009 paid no federal income tax. Progress, right?

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/09intop400.pdf

6. astrorider macrumors 6502

News flash: Rich people are pretty good at making money.

If GDP has risen by a factor of ~5.5 since 1980 (link), why is it surprising the entry level to the top 400 has risen by 6?

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

If economics actually worked that way, shouldn't the middle class median income have risen by 6 as well?