quagmire

macrumors 603
Apr 19, 2004
It's the economy and his focus on healthcare that is doing it I bet. IMHO

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
"Lagrange Point", sheesh, do you have the vaguest clue how incredibly ignorant that sounds?

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
"Lagrange Point", sheesh, do you have the vaguest clue how incredibly ignorant that sounds?
Read through all of his other posts, then ask yourself that question again. You'll have your answer.

Honestly, if the effort people like Full of Win, IntheNet, and others take to show how much they believe Obama is failing actually went to something positive, we'd be in a much better place financially, socially, and physically.

Pathetic, isn't it?

BL.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
What do you mean, I thought it was the point where the force exerted by two bodies is equal. For example, at the point between Earth and the moon, the force of the moons gravity is equal to the force of the Earths gravity.

Instead of celestial bodies, I was using Approval and Disapproval.

Sounded cool to me.

I'm not sure it even makes sense, it means the equilibrium point between two gravitational fields. I'm not sure how that applies to Obama.
He is at the point in this poll where the force of approval is the same as the force of disapproval.

I just used the concept of approval and disapproval, rather then force of gravity.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
There are five Lagrange points for each pair of bodies. Which one has Obama reached?

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
He is at the point in this poll where the force of approval is the same as the force of disapproval.

I just used the concept of approval and disapproval, rather then force of gravity.
Avoid similes and metaphors. So far, 84% of this thread is devoted to your apparent misuse of a comparison phrase.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Avoid similes and metaphors. So far, 84% of this thread is devoted to your apparent misuse of a comparison phrase.
Because there is nothing else of significance to discuss.

A Lagrange point is not where the force is equal, it is where they balance. At least two, L2 and L3 if I remember right, are not actually between bodies. The analogy is inapt. But we expect so much from an avatar that is such high art.

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
Because there is nothing else of significance to discuss.

A Lagrange point is not where the force is equal, it is where they balance. At least two, L2 and L3 if I remember right, are not actually between bodies. The analogy is inapt. But we expect so much from an avatar that is such high art.
Agreed. His/her premise should - dare I say must - be ignored for his/her failure to use an appropriate literary tool. Nothing to see here. Move along.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I'm impressed with the detailed discussion of celestial mechanics in this thread. I find all other aspects of it silly, but I am impressed with the talk of equipotential points. :)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Who the hell did they survey for that? :confused: I couldn't even think of a group to associate them with because of how universally respected Washington was, even in his own time.

Although, it did bring me upon an interesting Wiki article. Some of those popular opinion poll results are whacky.