Obama - flip-flopper?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Wotan31, Sep 21, 2008.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

2. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

Liberally Biased Forum

+

Something as borderline absurd as calling Obama a flip-flopper when Senator McCain can't keep a story for more then a few hours.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Umm...both candidates have been flip-flopping for a while on many different issues. Boring- nothing to see here, move along.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

5. Wotan31 thread starter macrumors 6502

Obama panders to his audience. He doesn't have any sort of clear message - change is good, but only so long as it's in the right direction - I don't see any direction at all with Obama, he's all over the place.

[​IMG]

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

So is McCain. Your point?

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

to TS, google "john mccain 2000 vs john mccain 2008"

Then kindly tell us which candidate is flopping around on the deck.

Yes obama has changed stances a FEW times, but it seems mccain cannot keep most of his stances the same. He is merely a puppet for the GOP and is conforming to their standards for votes. How sad is that.

9. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Great video; though I doubt few in this forum will be swayed by it or any other such information you might present that conflicts with their enthusiastic support of Obama and their hatred of Bush. I myself will always owe Obama a debt of gratitude for knocking Hillary off the path to the White House, even thought I will be voting anti-democrat.

10. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Don't forget facts. It conflicts with facts.

And common sense.

11. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Couldn't get beyond the sheer racism, had to stop after awhile even though I can usually try to force myself to watch things like Fox News.

What politician doesn't "flip flop?" (read my lips sound familiar?) McCain flip flops on urgen crises in the SAME DAY (fundamentals strong, no regulation, etc. -- his "issue papers" have even changed in the past week on his website deleting entire propaganda points), So if you (OP) can't stand even Obama's flip-flopping, and McCain's is worse, I guess you're supporting Nader, who has always been pretty consistent?

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

If hes anything like other GOP supporters, Mccains not flip flopping, hes merely revising policy. Obama on the other hand, that muslim extremist simply cannot stop flip flopping!:rolleyes:

I like when ppl try to use pointless position changes to bring obama down, who cares where hes getting his money to send out his message, at least the IMPORTANT POLICIES stay consitent. Mccain on the other hand, are abortions ok today, and what about bailouts? will they still be the same next week. I've noticed his stance really changes most depending on who hes speaking to.

13. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

It really makes me chuckle when McCain supporters post things like this. They either have no morals or they don't know their own candidate very well.

I would list a lot of the things McCain has done and said, but it will never make any difference to a McCain supporter. They just ignore it or see it as praise.

14. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

Google the same about Osama... wait... He wasn't even ALIVE in 2000..

dawh well.. :rolleyes:

15. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I'm more worried about if McCain will be alive in 2010-12. Stats say it's unlikely. Then we'll be left with Palin... as if McCain the war criminal wasn't bad enough.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If you believe every undocumented alleged flip-flop in that video. Obama's changed his mind a few times, but the claims in this video go well beyond that.

Not to mention that ending is ridiculously smarmy.

I won't even begin to talk about McCain's flip-flops; everyone else has already done it.

Fixed that for ya. ;)

17. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

yes all politicians flip flop, some more then others. And yes, it's hard to call out the opposing side when your own candidate has done similar things, even if it is a lesser flip or flop. (I haven't watched the linked video)

These things don't really sway me. The current situation in this country is abysmal and getting worse each day. The Republicans have been calling the shots for the last 8 years in the WH, and in congress for 12 (I think). It is reduculous to say that the current status is due to anyone other then those in charge. We need change... Plain and simple. (And by change I mean "different")

Even If you do think it's the Dems fault, re-elcting into the same situation will only bring the same results.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

One of these days conservatives will be able to express themselves without name-calling. I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

what does it matter. This just goes to show yet again how much both Candidates are crap.

This election sucks. It is not voting for the best candidate but the lesser of to evils.

20. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Its more of voting out what definitely doesn't work for something we hope works. Hence the "Hope" mantra. :cool:

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Having gone through his Podcasts from the last few years and actually researching him, Obama has actually been pretty consistent with only a few changes. FISA being one. Campaign financing actually isn't, because its always been nuanced if one reads what he actually wrote about it. But that's the issue, that people compare what they thought of him to what he actually says and does, and suddenly it's a flip flop. Compare actual McCain in 2000 to McCain in 2008 and you'll see more flip flops than Kerry. Most of them to the far right, and/or to align with Bush. Maverick indeed.

John McCain Flip Flop and Gaffe Master List.

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sorry, Republicans don't "do" nuanced. I'm not sure they even understand what it means.

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I wish we could simply banish the notion of "flip-flopping" entirely, because it creates a "stay the course" environment where politicians are punished for changing their minds in the face of new information.

There is a lot of political waffling in Washington done by unscrupulous lawmakers, but we've taken it too far.

The crucial bit, missed by so many, is not that politicians change their minds but why they changed their minds.

24. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Enjoy your enthusiastic support of McCain and your hatred of Obama and Clinton -- and apparently all Democrats!

Just FYI, it does tend to make you look less than brilliant when you do that which you criticize within the same post...

Exactly. WHY was McCain against torture before he was for it? Why did Obama reverse course on FISA? Why was McCain against regulations before he was for them?

Those are the important parts, not that their positions changed.