Obama Friends with terrorists?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bc008, Aug 22, 2008.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

That ad was hilarious! I love the way they slipped 9/11 in there.
    I've heard Obama kills Kittens too, and hates butterflies.

"This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis.

And the notion that somehow as a consequence of me knowing somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8 years old, somehow reflects on me and my values doesn't make much sense, George.

The fact is that I'm also friendly with Tom Coburn, one of the most conservative Republicans in the United States Senate, who, during his campaign, once said that it might be appropriate to apply the death penalty to those who carried out abortions.

Do I need to apologize for Mr. Coburn's statements? Because I certainly don't agree with those, either.

So this kind of game in which anybody who I know, regardless of how flimsy the relationship is, that somehow their ideas could be attributed to me, I think the American people are smarter than that. They're not going to suggest somehow that that is reflective of my views, because it obviously isn't."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/DemocraticDebate/Story?id=4670271&page=2

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

LOL

how do they do it though? how much truth is actually involved with this ad? they make it seem like obama and the terrorist guy were plotting in his basement

4. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

NOOOOOOOO!

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Sorry, I edited my post above. Ayers is professor of education at the University of Illinois-Chicago, and Obama certainly knows him. They live near each other and served on some board together a few years back. The ad is obviously taking the truth and running with it.

6. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Unfortunately the average american is not that smart to know the difference.

Reference the swift boat ads and other republican smear ads. They work and Obama needs to realize it and start throwing the same kind of mud back in their faces.
    At least if he wants to win.

7. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I heard John McCain once knew some North Vietnamese communists who did some pretty awful things...

8. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Please, tell me that isn't getting airtime in the USA?

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And don't forget the South Vietnamese, who also did some pretty horrible things too.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

And why is St. John getting invitations to lavish parties from mobsters?

Since we're connecting people to notorious criminals on the flimsiest of evidence, and all...

11. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Sentor McCain was a POW and therefore can associate with whomever he wants.

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Ah yes... the man who said he was not going to talk about his POW days to help his campaign.

I guess that promise went out the window along with his promise to conduct an honorable campaign, and along with his wedding vows to his first wife...

13. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Is that why he's getting votes? because ppl feel sorry for him and are proud he's a war hero? Big ****in' woo.

14. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

bingo

15. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Well that's just friggin ridiculous.:mad:

16. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

One thing I've never understood is why being shot down makes you a war hero.

17. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Beat me to it. I'd have thought it makes you a lousy pilot.

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Coming back alive makes one a war hero. :)

19. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

"Why is Kevin a hero?"
    "Because... he was attacked. Good work Kevin, you're a fine upstanding example of young men... who are attacked."

20. TSE macrumors 68030

You people are ridiculous.

The guy was tortured and beat fighting for America and it's people, and you guys are just spitting on people who do that everyday, including McCain.

Using that logic, that he is not a war hero because he was tortured because he was a lousy pilot is just like saying it's the Jews fault for the holocaust because they could've immigrated to America where they were safe.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He wasn't tortured. Those were just enhanced interrogations. Nothing worse than some fraternity hazing pranks.

And his confession to war crimes is every bit as believable as Kahlid Sheik Mohammed's...

22. TSE macrumors 68030

McCain was tortured, it is noted, "The torture that was deployed against McCain emerges in all the various accounts. It involved sleep deprivation, the withholding of medical treatment, stress positions, long-time standing, and beating."

Source: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/20/1576/79540 - and look, friends, it even is against the anti-christ himself, George Bush! He is the cause of everything bad in this world, he is the reason why Katrina happened, he is the reason 9/11 happened, he is the reason for the holocaust!

Oh, no, but that's cool, Hillary can lie about being sniped up in a foreign country but she was just doing some innocent misconceiving, right?

23. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

So I can assume you oppose the current administrations use of those very techniques on "enemy combatants"?

If you look it up, almost all of us criticized her for doing that.