Obama gives McCain low blow

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I might agree if I can see the rest of that conversation. Sounded like to me that McCain was going off on a tangent, something other than what the topic was...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
How is that a low blow? That to me sounds like he's getting sick of hearing nothing but talking points and catchphrases that are clearly for the cameras rather than getting well thought out policies on the table.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
well seem like Obama completely dodge the point on remove special interested from the bill and instead went to doing a political insult.

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
It's really hard to say how inappropriate Obama's comment(s) were in the context of a 38-sec clip of a larger discussion.

Obama did seem a little fed-up - which, again, may or may not have anything to do with McCain - as the clip is too short to clarify.

McCain was certainly gracious though...

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
As opposed to what everyone in his Administration does, day in and day out? :rolleyes:
Yup, they're clearly not trying to do anything (even if you disagree with what they are doing) and instead sitting on their asses twiddling their thumbs shouting out campaign slogans and buzzwords.:rolleyes:

To ignore that they are least trying to get things done is asinine.

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
I voted for Obama, but this is clearly uncalled for:

Low Blow Video
Yeah I took exception to that too... way over the top.... The Clown-in-Chief flatters himself daily, reminding all that he "won", insulting others, and referring constantly to "I" to demean others and boost his own inflated ego; he's truly a legend in his own mind and totally repulsive to all. Yes his comment today to Sen. McCain was totally uncalled for; John McCain served this nation and was a prisoner of war. He deserves the president's respect at very least. Sen. McCain was very respectful in his comments today.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
If you watched the whole exchange, like I did, you would know that McCain came after Obama and said he made unsavory backroom deals. Obama responded. McCain laughed. Move on, nothing to see here.

EDIT: Here's a slightly longer clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsbV-IvLDU

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
If you watched the whole exchange, like I did, you would know that McCain came after Obama and said he made unsavory backroom deals. Obama responded. McCain laughed. Move on, nothing to see here.
Obama and backroom heathcare deals? Say it isn't so!

WASHINGTON - Special legislative favors, especially one designed to secure a Nebraska senator's vote for the embattled health care package, ignited so much public outrage that President Barack Obama is calling them a mistake and House leaders say the bill can't be resurrected unless such sweetheart deals are scrapped.

Obama says Americans were understandably upset by the backroom dealmaking that he called ugly. In a cruel twist, the reaction helped elect a Republican senator in Massachusetts last week, putting the health legislation in peril.

Obama, speaking to ABC News this week, said, "I didn't make a bunch of deals." But he acknowledged making "a legitimate mistake" by letting White House and congressional negotiators include the items during last month's closed-door negotiations.

Most ire has focused on the Nebraska provision, even though it resembled countless other favors that have secured lawmakers' votes for decades. Republicans caught Democrats flatfooted by turning derision of the "Cornhusker Kickback" into a national furor.
MSNBC

NoSmokingBandit

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2008

EDIT: Here's a slightly longer clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsbV-IvLDU
It seemed like Obama was blatantly saying campaign promises mean nothing because the campaign is over. Still, its hard to read the context in a short clip.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Yeah I took exception to that too... way over the top.... The Clown-in-Chief flatters himself daily, reminding all that he "won", insulting others, and referring constantly to "I" to demean others and boost his own inflated ego; he's truly a legend in his own mind and totally repulsive to all. Yes his comment today to Sen. McCain was totally uncalled for; John McCain served this nation and was a prisoner of war. He deserves the president's respect at very least. Sen. McCain was very respectful in his comments today.

It really bothers you that Barack Hussein Obama pwnd McCain, doesn't it? :D

IntheNet

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2009
It really bothers you that Barack Hussein Obama pwnd McCain, doesn't it? :D
You have to earn respect; Obama did himself no favors by slamming McCain as he did. It was Obama himself that campaigned on the repeated statement of health care legislation worked out in the open. He lied. Most of the initial legislation was crafted in back rooms.

Sydde

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
Where have you been? George W. Bush has not been in the whitehouse for over a year.

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
He who doesn't like Palin bashing will freely bash the President of the United States. Hypocrite.... I'll say that again just in case you didn't see it, Hypocrite....
Just want to make sure I understand the chronology. Forum participant Inthenet trashes a public figure, and then you trash Inthenet personally. Am I leaving anything out?

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
How can you praise McCain for his "respect" when you so clearly lack it yourself?

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
You have to earn respect; Obama did himself no favors by slamming McCain as he did. It was Obama himself that campaigned on the repeated statement of health care legislation worked out in the open. He lied. Most of the initial legislation was crafted in back rooms.
I saw the whole exchange and that was not what this was about. Procedure was dealt with earlier and they moved on to other topics. McCain brought this up when they were supposed to be talking about costs and real solutions that both parties could agree on. McCain was off topic and was dealt with accordingly.

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just want to make sure I understand the chronology. Forum participant Inthenet trashes a public figure, and then you trash Inthenet personally. Am I leaving anything out?
You know what, you're right I deleted my comment. Because I for one can have an intelligent conversation and respond to criticisms against me and my posts..

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Calling a spade a spade is not a personal attack by any means.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
I saw the whole exchange and that was not what this was about. Procedure was dealt with earlier and they moved on to other topics. McCain brought this up when they were supposed to be talking about costs and real solutions that both parties could agree on. McCain was off topic and was dealt with accordingly.
Well in some ways it is on topic. Cut out those special interested group deals things and it would drive down cost.