Obama inauguration a recruiting tool for hate groups

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jan 22, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Just when you think it's getting better...:mad:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-obama-hate-groups,0,5420040.story

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

It is sad. Closed minded individuals who can't see the world past the hood of the guy in front of them. They don't seem to understand that white's (and I am white) have screwed this country up and it's time for change... And I am sure that the Jews (and I am a jew) will get blamed as well. If there is a group of people that the white supremacists hate worst than blacks it's the jews. Truly sad.... :(

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course, I knew this would happen. And really, don't they hate us homos, blacks and jews pretty much equally?

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

They hate anyone who is not a straight white christian, but they blame the jews for bringing the blacks over as slaves and also for accumulating wealth by helping out there own first.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

That's true, but I don't think they have degrees of hate for anyone. ;) I think it's all pretty much all the same for them.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Can't be Catholic either, at least for the KKK.

7. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Most of these people have a single digit Iqs and parents who share the same genes. Ignorance is easy. Hate groups prove it everyday.

8. Queso macrumors G4

Is anyone really surprised by this? Progress is rarely linear.

9. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Personally, I think progress is close to an x+sin4x curve (which I suppose, is ultimately linear). Ups and downs, but ultimately for the better.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Surprise surprise...

These kind of right-wing hate groups will be on the ascendency for the next four years at least, just as they rose in prominence and terroristic desires during the Clinton years. Only this time there's an even more potent symbol of everything they believe in slipping away from them sitting in the WH every day.

Don't be surprised is some of these militia groups turn out another Timothy McVeigh or Eric Rudolph...

11. No1451 macrumors 6502

I wish we could just place them all on an island alone, and show them that without any to aim their hatred at they would turn on each other.

12. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

There is Nueva Germania in Paraguay.

13. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

The press needs to stop giving these sick f**cks attention. :mad:

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

These groups thrive on attention, therefore there's no need to give them ours.

15. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Right wing?

Explain that one to me. I don't think they follow any particular political ideology!

You make me sick with your own "hate" of everything that you can attempt to tie to the republicans.

SLC

16. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

The views expressed by these white supremacy groups are indisputably extreme right wing convictions, associated with extremely religious and reactionary beliefs. It's you who chose to interpret this as a link to the Republican party.

17. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Where in Christianity do you see that hate is encouraged, how is it that you think that these groups are extremely religious.

Maybe they claim to have religious convictions, but I'll tell you right now. They aren't living up to the religion they claim to subscribe to at all. They would be excommunicated from my church immediately that much I can guarantee.

And religion and right wingery have nothing to do with each other. Reactionary behavior and right wingery have noting to do with each other either.

SLC

18. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

And yet the thread continues.... :rolleyes:

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

To a certain extent, I agree that we shouldn't spend time linking the KKK or other similarly extreme groups to the GOP. It isn't very helpful from a pragmatic standpoint. There are indirect links, to be sure, but just because they share some ideology it isn't fair to cast them as one monolithic entity.

But it's impossible to ignore the fact that the majority of "hate groups" in the US have adopted or created an extreme right-wing ideology. That doesn't mean it's the Republicans' fault, it just means that some people have taken the right-wing approach and pushed it beyond all reasonable limits. The same could be said of left-wing hate groups, even if they are much less common.

20. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Where did I say Christianity?

So, unless they subscribe to your system of beliefs it's not religion? Whether you approve of their beliefs or not, I assure you, they are religiously motivated.

In principle, perhaps not, but a relation clearly exists nonetheless.

From the Oxford American Dictionary, Right Wing:
    1 the conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system.​

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

It is indisputable fact that these militias and racist organizations come from a right-wing ideological perspective. I'm sure you would agree that terrorists from ELF and ALF and EarthFirst! come from the left-wing perspective? Why else harp on Bill Ayers, if not in an attempt to connect his politics to Obama's?

Look into what motivated Timothy McVeigh. It was hatred of an overbearing government that he felt had too much power. It's right-wing ideology, taken to it's illogical extremes. What was Eric Rudolph so upset about? Abortion. Again, a tenet of right-wing ideology, taken way to far.

Don't pretend these guys aren't motivated by a right-wing ideology.

Please show me where I said these groups had anything to do with the Republicans! This is a straw man argument.

LOL... I make you sick? Good. Your pathetic attempts at nailing yourself up on a cross are tiresome, and deserve to be called out.

Exactly why I carefully chose the term "right-wing" as opposed to "conservative" or "Republican".

Sheesh... some people see everything as a personal attack. It must suck to go through life feeling so persecuted!

22. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

In essence, I was trying to say what you were saying in a more explicit, leave-no-implication-unsaid kind of way.

But yeah, if you lean to the political right and can't accept that the KKK is also to the right, albeit in an extreme sense, you are operating on some faulty logic. It's merely a statement of fact.

23. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

So call me out then, what are you waiting for Mactastic?

SLC

24. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It would seem that you have been called out already. ;)

25. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

Show me where I've nailed myself to a cross. All I've ever done here is state my opinion. If that's nailing myself to a cross then........

SLC