Obama iPhone App

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by abijnk, Oct 2, 2008.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Don't know if any of you guys saw this. I thought it was interesting. His campaign's use of technology is ingenious.

Link to CNN article

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Team Obama's use of the internet and technology in general has been nothing short of amazing. They've built a 21st century version of the direct mail system created by the GOP 30+ years ago that served them so well for so long.

On a related note, I heard John McCain invented the iPhone... :p

3. yrsonicdeath macrumors 6502

I think I'll download this just to check it out.

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

This app is AWESOME! I downloaded Obama's Blueprint for Change on my MacBook and I read a page or two when I'm bored. Now I can read up on the issues right on my iPod touch! It's an amazing thing. :D

GOBAMA!!!

5. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

And I so love the ad at the bottom of thread :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

6. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

Ha ha ! That has got to be the most lamest, most desperate political campaigning ad I've ever seen!

7. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Um.. EXCELLENT. I was a bi dissappointed that Obama's mobile site wasn't iPhone savvy, but this iPhone app takes the cake. Great job! I just wish I'd had this when I was canvassing here in Massachusetts during the primary. One guy asked me about Obama's stance on education, and I really hadn't done anything but the most cursory reading. Now, I have all of Obama's issue statements at a moments glance. Not.. not that I NEED them right now, but its nice. The best is the "media" feed. I like the fact that the most up-to-date YouTube videos are right in there, like a subscription. I sware, from the text message alerts to the blogging to the telephone help-system... they're just doing a terrific job. I've never seen anything like it.

Obama has made some promises about making our governmental process easy to access and more inclusive through the use of technology. I really hope he wins, and hopefully... if its in the budget, we can see more of this. I think it undeniably makes America stronger. Like he noted in his interview @ Google HQ, there are too many dark spots across the globe and the country. If it can be done intelligently, people need more ways of connecting and propelling ourselves into a more effective future. It feels like everythings so out-dated, when you see someone rocketing ahead and doing things right.

Just look at the Facebook 2.0 iPhone app and compare that to "Friendster's" offerings. Sites like "Linked-In" better get on the ball.

~ CB