Obama is a Stud

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DonJudgeMe, Jan 20, 2015.

1. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

ERNST:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/watch-republican-response-president-obamas-state-union-address/

OBAMA:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/2...enda-to-help-middle-class.html?_r=0&referrer=

In his latest speech, Obama laid down the law. His coviction, laughter, and sarcasm gripped my attention. This is the first time, in a long time, that I have sat thru an entire speech from any president.

How do I know he did well(aside from my eyes glued to the tv)? How about Boehner's face throughout the speech? I have to be honest. My ears were listening to Obama, but my eyes were on Boehner ... priceless.

And Ernst's response was not even a response to Obama, but a sales pitch for Keystone. I love watching responses from opposing parties to try and gain knowledge of reason for opposition... but there was nothing. I don't think she even listened. It sounds like she prepared her speech, and had to can half of it. It was AWFUL .

2. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

If by law you mean a lot of empty promises and stuff that will never happen, then yeah sure. :rolleyes:

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Well, if it doesn't then your party gets to take the blame for it in 2016, being that most of these things are what the people want. But I guess that was all part of the strategy wasn't it?

4. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

Lol my party? Oh yeah I forgot that any critic of our dear leader has to be republican.

What the people want? Yes we all want tax reform that has failed 6 times prior as well as "free" community college paid for by everyone else.

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

I agree he was on fine form. Probably can't wait for 2016.

Ernst, OTOH, had about as much spark and credibility as a funeral payment-plan infomercial for old people ("am I talking loud-and-slow-enough for them to hear me?")

Is this really the best the other side can do?

6. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The SOTU doesn't means jack. It's nothing but a glorified photo op and another opportunity for a speech. Dem or Repub, it hasn't meant anything for 40 yrs.

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Political speeches just have too many words in them. They are much better if you have the radio, the TV and a web stream running, so that the various delays create a sort of doubletalk sound texture. (This applies to all political speeches, and works for sermons as well.)

8. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Aren't you (R)?

9. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

I am not.

10. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Fair enough. But followed by:
    Yup, Republican. Or certainly not liberal/progressive. Paulbot, perhaps?

11. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

Uhhh no. I thought we just covered this. Try to keep up.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]

they ALL lie.

13. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

What are you then?

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

not a party loyalist :)

15. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

wow i like this answer :D

16. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

Obama's entire presidency has been ANYTHING but glorified. Everyone in Congress in the GOP has fought him from day one. Obama still received several standing ovations throughout the speech from everyone, including Boehner.

The president made fascinating points on several debated topics, but he did not point fingers. He said WE need to come together and do the right thing. Even after everything he has been through, he still tries to keep everyone involved. The GOP is running out of excuses to not work with him.

17. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

That is hysterical. His entire presidency has been about executive orders, slamming through garbage during their super majority, and backdoor deals. Yes, he says he is keeping everyone involved so he can blame people later when they don't play nicely with him.

18. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think his veto promises were empty. Yeah he put the GOP in their place.:cool:

19. luvmymbpr macrumors regular

luvmymbpr

He should take a few more executive actions. That will show 'em.

20. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Well...40 years ago, State of the Union address was a big deal because we only had 3 channels back then. And when the President was on, your evening was shot. "The President is on! He's on EVERY CHANNEL! I'm gonna miss Lassie!:p" Umm...I guess kids will never know that feeling.:eek:

21. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

In my opinion, the president is a big government partisan hack who, along with many other Congressional hacks in Washington, has done a fine job (in a bad way) of further bastardizing the foundation of the Republic.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

23. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I hope the stuff he talked about doesn't happen. That would be a positive..not a negative.
    Didn't he mainly say...

Veto....random speech info...Veto....more liberal stuff....Veto ... mix in some Robin Hood.... Veto.

24. DonJudgeMe thread starter macrumors regular

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

see bold below

work with me or I will veto what you propose ..................

LMFAO.