Obama learning 'whose ass to kick' in oil mess.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bamaworks, Jun 8, 2010.

1. bamaworks macrumors 6502

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I love how Obama thought the BP boss should have been fired over insensitive comments earlier, yet Obama didn't resign over his Special Olympics 'joke'.

3. bamaworks thread starter macrumors 6502

I suppose understanding the context in which the comment is made is somewhat important in your comparison.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

5. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I thought the context of a President on TV joking about retards was somewhat important. Hypocrisy too is probably important for a man in power.

6. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Really? Last I checked, his type would rather sit down with said ass over a cup of tea and, if a confrontation arises, swat at one-another with their silk gloves.

It's so funny how his entire campaign was, "We need to talk things out, I can end terrorism if I just sit with it and negotiate politely."

That fell apart after the first attempt XD. "Well, as an inexperienced noob, I hadn't known that the bad guys were so non-understanding."

Bush, Bush, and McCain in unison, "Uhhhh DUUUUUUH!"

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I thought it was a pretty good interview, someone does need their ass kicked.

What an amateur Obama is! A huge joke, a totally incompetent person who I wouldn't even trust to successfully run a 7-11, let alone a country like the USA!

Obama is all about playing the blame game! Blaming everybody except for himself!

And the ex-community organizer had the nerve to speak to a bunch of students recently about not blaming others for their problems! What great advice! Maybe he should practice what he preaches!

Americans are more and more displeased with the ex-community organizer, and I'm loving it! He is going down!

Somebody should kick Obama's ass, he's a hypocrite who displays a total lack of leadership!

9. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Doubtful considering Bush is buddy-buddy with the oil industry . . .

10. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

You know, when all this is over and Obama has wrecked this nation, the people that voted for him will STILL blame Bush. XD That's how ignorant they are.

"What are you talking about?! You mean Bush crashed the ISS into the Florida coast?! He was having a Bar-B-Q in Texas, thousands of miles away! Last I checked, Obama was playing at the control panel, thinking it was Missile Command."

"Yeah, well, if not for Bush it would have never happened."

"...what?"

11. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

You're the one who brought up Bush. :rolleyes:

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Although I think Obama's approach was somewhat weak (if he would have been talking about kicking ass and taking names earlier I might have been a bit more impressed) there really isn't much the US can do besides evaluate how to stop this from happening in the future (failed regulation/buddy-buddy relationships between government and oil companies would be a good start). That and make sure no expense is being spared to protect the coasts and pay back losses for the businesses in the area.

13. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

And Obama is a muslim...

14. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

My comment is true. Yours is ridiculous.

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And Bush personally ordered 9/11...

16. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

BFFs?
    ;)

[​IMG]

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Iiiiinteresting choice of words.

Because we all know Obama surveyed the ocean bottom, issued the permits, drilled the pipe, and caused the explosion. :rolleyes:

18. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

If Bush was in office, yeah, they'd believe Bush did exactly that. It's just how dems think.

This is about much more than just the oil spill. Obama has been blaming others for just about everything!

Image link
    :D

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

^^ Which countries with UHC don't have private healthcare too?

21. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

They're proliferating.

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Have those underwater robots install a plastic ass appendage to that broken oil pipe. The either Obama or some navy seals can put on a few snorkels and go down there and start kicking it. It would probably create jobs.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I already gave my opinion on what we should do:

[​IMG]

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

To be fair, that rig should have been inspected as problems were showing up weeks before the blast. Sure you can blame Bush for signing the papers but it is still under the current administrations watch to be up on safety regulations.

There is plenty of blame to go around but at what point do we have to figure out who is responsible for the safety of the rigs now.