Obama Lets Loose the 527 Groups (Finally!)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bobber205, Sep 11, 2008.

1. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

If mccain wants to play dirty, then let's get out the dirt and water and make it a mud slinging fight. :D

Source

About damn time imho. McCain has been outright lying in his eyes. These 527 groups don't have to lie to be forceful, they just need ads that tell the truth. I don't see it as exactly stooping down to their level if all it amounts to is more and more ads.

What do you guys think?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

i 100% support eye for eye, tooth for tooth. These ugly stuff is disgusting me too much, I want to see it punished one way or another, if media don't know how to ID a lie in its face, lets do it.

I don't claim moral high ground, all options on the table.

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

alright, how long until republicans turn this into a flip flop? (i guess that would have some credibility, even if it is fair hes still turning on his word)

4. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

They never stopped.

Their 527s (and the campaign itself) have been running completely defamatory and lying ads in battleground states and on the web this whole time.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

im saying im wondering when the republicans are going to go "Obama takes back word on attack groups and goes after palin/mccain" while innocently saying "who, me?" when asked what they have been running their entire campaign on.

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

HOORAY! I just got through saying I was going to start contributing to these orgs so they can start hitting back.

This is welcome news.

Now if only factcheck.org would sue the friggin' McCain-Palin campaign and get a restraining order preventing them from airing that sick ad.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

who cares, just pile sh*t on their heads, they started it anyway. We aren't stupid, Obama got accused either way, why not get something from it.

8. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I see.

I don't know, but at this point, I'm not sure it could get worse. They're already dragging him through the mud for everything else, right?

I just watched her interview with Charlie Gibson and I see that I didn't even know how much more terrified of her I could get. This is worth doing (almost) everything possible to keep McCain/Palin away from the White House.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

i no, IM ALL FOR THIS. Im just wondering when the republicans are going to spin this particular non issue into a new ad is all.

really tho, the GOP is getting WAYYY out of hand and their dirty politics should not be stood for any longer.

10. bobber205 thread starter macrumors 68020

bobber205

They're too busy coming up with other bullsh**.

In other news

[​IMG]

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

He's gonna get dragged through the mud either way, right?

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Just wanted to say I made my contribution to Moveon.org, and I'll probably make another one very soon.

I hope we see some hard-hitting stuff coming out of these groups now.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I've been arguing that he needs to get tougher for awhile now. They all do. But I would hope they still remain truthful when doing so. I only want to see quibbling on Factcheck.org, if at all. I don't want to see major rebukes. The kind that are currently backfiring on McCain in the press. Finally. Speaking of which, the press needs to get on board with this as well. Liberal media my butt. They may be going after Palin, but they've still been hitting Obama on so many things. See the lipstick on a pig thing. McCain is still ignored for the most part. As is Biden no matter how many times he tries to talk about policy. I also don't want to see them get personal. We get enough of that from the other side, but unlike them, the Dems don't need to go that route.

Obama Camp Steps Up Attack On McCain's Honor

Turnabout is fair play. But only to a point. At a certain point, you become as bad as what you claim to be fighting against.

14. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I don't think anyone is arguing that they "distort the truth," which is what everyone seems to love calling the McCain/Palin campaign's lies. :rolleyes: :mad:

No, I just want the Obama/Biden campaign to get down in the trenches and bury McCain under a blizzard of TRUTH about who Obama is and who McCain is, and the TRUTH about their proposed policies and records.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

As do I, I just wanted to make it clear I'm not hoping for any "swiftboating", though Obama is already being accused of it whenever he goes after McCain anyway.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

From solvs' link:

Oh, yeah you can. He may not have been a POW, but impugning the integrity of a war hero seems to have worked pretty well against a guy named Kerry.

To paraphrase what I said elsewhere, we need to stop focusing on Palin and focus on McCain, the gap between this man's "honor" and his hypocritical actions, his shaky judgment, etc. We also need to go on the offensive. Obama needs to stop only defending himself from McCain, he needs to attack McCain. He can't keep taking punches like this every day; he's got to start delivering them, and he needs Biden and Clinton to help him.