Obama or McCain?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by cycocelica, Jun 8, 2008.

?

Obama or McCain?

1. Barack Obama

295 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. John McCain

97 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. Other

20 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Not Voting

28 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

So who will you be voting for in this election. See what the MR community believes should happen with this country?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well, its a long ways away and a lot can change between now and then, and they're only the 'presumptive nominees' as of right now. so like i said... who knows. and i though there was going to be more than two names on the ballot this year? nader for one and liebermann was it?, for the libertarians?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

obama scares me. so mccain

but my pref is ron paul......too bad wont happen

4. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Well I believe there would be a huge out cry if neither of them were chosen.

I actually totally meant to add other and not voting and totally forgot. I will see if I can edit it. If not maybe a mod can fix it?

Edit: Nope can't change it. If a mod sees this, could you add 'Other' and 'Not Voting'? Thanks

5. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Love the poll idea but why is Obama in italics and McCain is normal font ? Is that the way vBulletin works?

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the person you've voted for shows up in italics once you have voted.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Uh, how does he scare you? McCain scares me....4 more years of the same failed Bush policies that have brought this country down the toilet

They're both in normal font until you vote, then it will italicize which one you voted for.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Shows who I voted for eh ?:p

9. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

I'm from Canada, so I really have no say, but I would vote for Obama. I don't like Republicans... I lean more towards the left.

10. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

It's the other way around for me. When McCain said we will be in Iraq for 100 years if we need to, I was just shocked at his statement.

Both of them have their flaws though. Obama does not have enough experience but he is an excellent speaker and going by his previous voting records, he seems to be the perfect candidate for change in Washington. McCain on the the other hand flip-flops a lot and he is "too" experienced, if you know what I mean(he is old). One time he opposes a issue and the other time, he supports it.

I'm not voting age yet but I'm rooting for Obama!

11. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

There is one inherent flaw to this poll. There are a lot of users from other countries who will vote.

Interesting nonetheless.

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

The experience thing is crap. He actually has more years in elected office under his belt than Clinton did. Plus, I have a feeling that being president is one of those jobs that no amount of experience in the senate can prepare you for.

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lol, the experience argument.

If McCain has so much experience, then why does he still confuse the Sunni and Shia? And if he has so much experience, then why did he vote for 95% of Bush's policies and wants to continue them for 4 more years?

Personally, I'd like someone who's new, has fresh ideas, and isn't part of the good old boys lobbyist run Washington. Oh, and someone who opposes this complete mess of a war that we're in.

Experience means jack ****. Nobody in this country (except for a former president) has the experience to do it. There is no other job that is even remotely like it.

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

The only thing "experience" means is that you're old.

I'd much rather have a younger person running the country than an older person - to an extent of course...

15. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I'd much rather have a competent person running the country regardless of age.

Lethal

16. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, they're both pretty high up in the party - I gather their both competent.

Doesn't really matter to me I guess, Bush will be gone and all I have to worry about is the smug little twerp running my country with a penchant for strutting around with movie stars and working himself into an early grave on small inconsequential things.

17. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Well, that also is a vote for Obama. It would be a real stretch to even say McCain and competent in the same sentence. I will rate honesty first, and that completely eliminates McCain.

18. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Especially given the most recent US President I don't think getting the party's nomination is necessarily a sign of competency in regards to running a country.

Lethal

19. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah - what happened there?

20. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

McCain, because we all know what will happen if Obama becomes president. That is, there will be a 7 mile wide comet that that will be on a collision course with earth and millions of people will die, thus fulfilling the prophesy of "Deep Impact". :eek:

21. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

I'd go as far as to say that the longer you spend in the Senate, the more likely it is you've been corrupted already. ;)

Obama has been a surprisingly fresh candidate during the primaries. It's yet to be seen whether his actions will match his rhetoric. I'm rooting for the Obama that he portrays himself to be, an agent of change and a just leader in a corrupted America, but I can't shake the idea that the wool's been pulled over my eyes.

No matter how much you may like them, DON'T DON'T DON'T trust your politicians. They'll only learn to act honestly if they feel the constant scrutiny. :D

As for who I'm voting for, maybe Obama, but I've grown accustomed to the view that voting is pretty much worthless. The masses decide the outcome of the election, and it depends on where the advertising and the media spin them to.

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

personally I think both canidates suck. Obama just seem to muck talk for me and I do not agree with some of his policies.

So sadly it is McCain for me and I think he is pretty crappy.

Really of the 3 froth runner (Hillary, Obama and McCain) I though they all sucked so it really did not matter the result of the Demicrated nomination. If i had to choose form those 3 sadly it would be Hillary. I though she was best of the 3 but like I said I think we have really crappy candidates this year.

23. cycocelica thread starter macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I think it could be good. Since America plays a big role in this world and affects a lot of people outside of America, I think more people outside of America will care who wins this November.

24. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If everyone had the same view there would be no "masses" to decide.