Obama positioned to reverse Bush actions. List includes 200 Bush/Cheney policies.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Prof., Nov 9, 2008.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Stem cell and climate rules among targets of president-elect's team​

[​IMG]
    LINK

2. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

There you go. I always had a feeling that when someone takes a washed out, overused word like "Change" and has the audacity to make it the focal point of his entire campaign, he must be really hell bent on delivering.

It's like a song that's been done in so many cover versions that it's lost all its power, then after 30 years someone comes along and trumps the original.

Some of these last-minute executive orders by the Bush administration transcend the usual ignorance and carelessness, they're downright evil. Like that stuff about mining in the Grand Canyon, what the hell is that? What's next, drilling for oil on Mount Rushmore? Cutting down General Sherman, the largest tree in the Redwood forest?

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Tantalisingly promising on the science front but lets see some details baby. I'll hold back my applause.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Obama continues to impress the hell out of me. As .Andy says, the proof's in the pudding, but Obama continues to lay out ambitious plans.

5. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Great, nice to see some solid commitments from him!
    Especially about the environment, it is hard to take on an issue that is very low down on the list of voter's concerns.

6. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Without wishing to count chickens, it looks like you guys have elected a damn good President. So far so good.

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

That Grand Canyon thing is especially frightening, considering Bush wants to allow uranium mining, which would poison the Colorado River which supplies drinking water to Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. I don't know who suggested Bush allow uranium mining, but if he actually goes through with it the SW United States will be in a world of trouble regarding water supply (which is an already touchy issue).

8. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Obviously we will not really see anything until Jan.20. Obama is right "One administration at a time". Judging from what I have seen in the days past it does seem the people of the US selected the right man for the job. Someone who seems eager to show he is not all words.

So far I am impressed. We will se though. Obama has set out on a steep climb, and I am going to hold him to it.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Intrestingly enough one of his new policy changes (talking bush here) RAISED the acceptable levels of radiation in drinking water.

Can i get a WTF?!?!

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Corporate interests. It's good for the big mining companies to be able to mine where they want and to not have to worry about polluting while they're at it. All those pesky pollution controls get in the way.

I'm glad to hear about this list...I think that the worst is yet to come as far as last minute Bush administration executive orders go...

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

What drinking water out of the Colorado?!?

I mean that facetiously, because I've seen the Colorado and Lake Mead water levels drop significantly over the last 8 - 10 years. Just about anyone can see it! Drive across Hoover Dam or look out towards the Lake Mead recreational area just north (on the Nevada side) of the dam or US 93, and you'll see the different colour of shale/limestone on the mountains. Where it is lighter is where the water used to be.

So the little water that there is left, Bush wants to poison. I wish every corperation that lobbies for/wants this gets to taste their own poison. :mad:

BL.

12. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Don't you know that internally irradiating your liver and kidneys is an acceptable form of detoxing these days? All the best people are doing it.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Lol, i forgot Bush is such a health nut :p

14. voxnj macrumors regular

Had this done last year. Top four benefits:

- It saves energy since I can l lower the thermostat (never cold)
    - I'm now my own night light.
    - No more cold pizza
    - Lost 50 pounds!

15. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that these last-minute orders are different from the usual recklessness of the Bush administration. There's something more here, something sinister, like he actually wants to wreck stuff out of pure spite.

Yup. It's sad that it comes across as impressive, though. These are perfectly normal, rational decisions that only look impressive next to the trainwreck that is the Bush Administration.

16. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I think you're right, because I certainly can't think of any other explanation for allowing uranium mining near a vital water source for large population centers.

17. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

True story. Here's a photo I took at Hoover Dam just last month.

Attached Files:

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Dems eye midnight regulations reversal