Obama Release iPhone App

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DCAppleDude, Oct 2, 2008.

1. DCAppleDude macrumors newbie

DCAppleDude

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

No clicky windows users. It tries to download a file.

3. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

It doesn't in FireFox, the link is just to a normal website... The link to the App does open iTunes though to the app.

4. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Otay, just wanted to let those on IE6 know of a possible threat. Maybe its just the work computer being strange.

5. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

What a clever, celever app!
    I think the "call friends" feature is genius, the way your contacts are prioritized by key battleground states, and how you can leave notes on how they're going to vote, etc. And the delivery of news, media, local events, and issues is amazing. I love it!

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Wow, this is much better than the guy who tried to sell the Democrat and Republican wallpapers for $1.

Here's hoping more candidates try stuff like this in the future. It's sure better than a website with a goofy photo of themselves smiling on it.

7. calvy macrumors 65816

Interesting app, for sure. I think it's kind of cool how it keeps track of whether or not you've called all the people in your phone book to talk about Obama. I downloaded it because I thought it could be handy to have instant access to Obama's points on the issues at hand with me all the time, but am disappointed to see it doesn't discuss his stance on the gun control issue. Figures. I probably will rarely open this app again. Time will tell though.

8. jstanier macrumors regular

jstanier

I've always thought that the web/programming/etc team behind the Obama campaign are doing a really tasteful job.

Certainly looks very nice, although I'm not an American citizen so the interest level isn't really there (yet). :)

9. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

Just downloaded it now, will check it out over the coming days.

10. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

11. gsugators macrumors member

Wow. All I have to say is this campaign is on the cutting edge of technology use.

12. Alphanumeric macrumors member

Definitely a well though out and nicely designed application.

13. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I'd call it iWon't Vote for You!!! :D

Vote McCain/Palin!!!

14. ArtursBoy macrumors member

Very nice App. If you're an Obama / Biden supporter, you'll really like the "Issues" feature, gives you a quick glance on where Obama and Biden stand on certain topics. The "Media" feature is nice as well.

Obama / Biden '08

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I liked that as well. All of that info was on the Web site, but it's nice to have it portable. If it wasn't so late in the campaign, it would be neat to see stuff like meeting groups and all that primary sort of stuff.

It is ironic that this is free and yet that doofus charged $1 for a picture of a donkey or elephant.

16. coolb0yalex macrumors member

Props for nice looking app.
    Boo to Obama.

Go Palin!

17. det2004 macrumors 6502

Yes, go Palin, all the way back to Alaska!
    :cool:

18. jcde7ago macrumors 6502

jcde7ago

19. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

As far away as humanly possible. Speaking as one of your British cousins, the vague PROSPECT of this woman as the backup to potentially the oldest President to *ever* take office, absolutely terrifies the living daylights out of me.

I don't want someone within touching distance of the big red button who thinks the Flintstones was a true story.

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

If McCain dies we are left with a president stupider than Bush.

21. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Since it has clearly not been possible to discuss this topic without discussing politics, this thread has been moved to PRSI. A permanent redirect however is available in the App Store forum. Sorry.

22. StingerT125 macrumors 6502a

StingerT125

This app always closes back to my desktop or whatever you call the app page screen. I start it, select one of the options and then it closes back to the desktop. I rebooted the phone but that didn't make any difference.

Anyone else having this issue?

23. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

No issues here. Try deleting it and then downloading it again. That was happening to me with a different app, and the delete/reinstall trick fixed it 100%.

Go into "additional issues" and then scroll down to Sportsmen. He lays out some of his position there, and then links to a PDF on the full position.

I'm extremely impressed with the app. I have continuously been impressed with the Obama campaign's use of technology in all phases of the campaign, but this is taking it to another level. The synthesis of up-to-the-minute information, media, local events, and news, coupled with appeals to donate and make calls, is light-years from any other campaign's attempts. They have forever changed the template.

24. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I am. It doesn't work for me anymore. I reinstalled it, rebooted, nothing.
    Every option I choose, it either crashes or says "loading" forever.