Obama releases Gitmo prisoners, Americans Die!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewitt, Jun 9, 2016.

1. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The President has no clue, or just doesn't care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b989-4e5479715b54_story.html?spon_con=today10

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I though Obama was going to close Gitmo.

Hope and change...

3. Robisan macrumors 6502

Hoisted on your own retard:

All of them were released from Guantanamo Bay under the administration of George W. Bush.​

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I was just about to quote that bit, too! What a silly thread. The OP either didn't read what he was posting, or thought others wouldn't notice. Not good form on either count.

5. vrDrew macrumors 65816

From the OP article:

Tip to the usual suspects: If you are going to throw out disgusting allegations, do us all (and yourselves) a favor: Read the document you are citing. Because it would save us all a lot of time. And some of us a few laughs at your utter incompetence.

6. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Three posts in and this thread is already done. LOL

7. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Your own level of intellectual dishonesty is worse than that of Hilary Clinton. Unlike her, you fail to thoroughly vet your articles to ensure that they don't conflict with your statement. The article's primary scrutiny is towards Obama's desire to close Guantanamo. It doesn't attribute these releases to the current administration.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

He has tried multiple times but has been blocked by the do-nothing Congress.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Those in GITMO should be tried or released. Don't care who the POS is POTUS is at the time

10. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He signed indefinite detention w/o trial so .....

12. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

So he can't lead. Or did he just lie about closing Gitmo?

13. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lmao.

Mitch McConnell (and other Republican "leadership") comes in before Obama even is sworn in and pledges to block everything the President tries to do.

But it's Obama who "can't lead".

Do you think before you type?

14. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

So it's Congresses fault he can't do his job as President. Got it.

15. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Ahh, I see. You just don't understand how our system of government is even structured or how it works.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you're worried about deaths for principles you must hate guns.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I know Reagan and O'Neill could work together, as did Clinton and Nickels. Of course, they were all leaders.

18. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Probably because Tip O'Neill wasn't a useless do-nothing piece of **** like the current Republicans. He was actually interested in getting things done. The current Republicans have been interested in nothing but obstructing everything Obama has wanted to do. They made that clear on day one.

If Obama endorsed water, Republicans would die of dehydration.

There is a reason Obama's approval rating is now 52% while Congress's is 13%.

19. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

Clearly the message escaped you and others, but I will take the blame for not putting the title events in order. I know to hard fir you to extrapolate and in that I failed.

The title should have probably read "Released Gitmo detainees kill more Americans, Obama continues to let them all go free."

I was and continue to be harsh on Bush for not executing those terrorists once any intel was gleaned from them.

We have no stomach for the way in which this war on terror needs to be fought to be won.

For some bizarre reason we believe coddling those who wish us destroyed to be the best action.

20. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Clearly you have not figured out that not every detainee held at Guantanamo was actually a terrorist, or guilty of anything.

There are a number of detainees, currently held at Guantanamo, that the Obama administration has no intention of releasing. Because they are either awaiting trial, or because the conditions of their interrogation (under the Bush administration) were such that they cannot be brought to trial.

But there are several that have been cleared for release by the intelligence, military, FBI and every other group that has examined them. They are simply awaiting agreement from a country willing to host them.

I dare you, if you have the intellectual or moral capacity, to read Guantánamo Diary, by Mohamedou Ould Slahi. A man who is still imprisoned at Guantanamo. Read for yourself the horror that has been unleashed upon this man and his family by the criminal stupidity of people working at the behest of the United States Government.

Read that story. And take some time to think hard about what you might learn, before you post any more ridiculous nonsense.

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Actually, it kinda is. Checks and balances and all that. Granted, he could've issued a few Executive Orders, but...hell, you know how that would've gone.

22. caesarp macrumors 6502a

Yes. That's American values. Just execute them, summarily. That would put us on the same level as the SS during WW II, if not bring us down to the level of the terrorists themselves.

See this type of thinking is why we have the patriot act, mass surveillance and TSA.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 11, 2016 ---
    Umm, talk about not having a clue or not caring-- if you read the article these were large scale firefights in a war zone. Not singular attacks by former gitmo prisoners. While they may have participated, It's not like the firefights would not have occurred if they were still in gitmo. Or are you saying their guns and aim are magical, because they were in gitmo and gitmo alone is the cause of the attacks and or the deaths?

23. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

When someone kills Americans and joins a fundamentalist religious group who is bent on destroying America and all the things that we stand for, I have no problem putting a bullet in their brain.

If you paid any attention to what has been happening in the Middle East for the last 2000 years, you would understand that there is no peaceful coexistence as an end to this war.

It's not an option.

We can fight or we can lose. Period.

The guys who saw off the heads of our people deserve only a bullet in the brain. I'll be proud to pull the trigger.

24. thewitt thread starter macrumors 68020

thewitt

I'm actually a little bit surprised at the drive to close Gitmo by the left. You guys apparently don't realize that this will result in fewer prisoners, and not because we are playing nice on the battlefield. We will get less intelligence, and more innocent people who happen to be in the middle of a Taliban, ISIS or Al-Qaeda terror group will simply die in the field.