Obama releases long form birth certificate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yg17, Apr 27, 2011.

1. yg17, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011

yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Of course they won't. Now they will state that it isn't real, no doubt. But that's fine. The more that Trump crows about such issues, the more foolish he makes himself and the entire Republican party look.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Really disappointed in him caving in to the wingnuts.

****ing Trump is on TV live claiming credit for its release and questioning whether it's real or not.

Why does our media insist on enabling him?

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Now our long national nightmare is over! It's morning again in America. ;)
    All is good with the world.

Left and right can unite behind the newly-legitimized president and join together to accomplish the work of the people.

:rolleyes:

5. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

And now Trump is demanding to see Obama's educational records. It's not going to end. If Obama releases those, then what will Trump demand?

When this whole birther bullcrap started back before the election, I said that if he ever releases the long form, they'll claim it's fake and then demand more proof. Looks like I'm right.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

So, 38% of the American people, and a majority of the tea-party just had their "faith" that the President was somehow not legitimate pulled out from under them. If the goal was to fracture the ties that bind that group, the timing couldn't have been better.

With the recent backlash against the Paul budget and attempt to destroy Medicare, what binds the tea party together now? President Obama has agreed to cuts, he tried to avoid the bush tax cuts on the wealthy, but caved to save the middle income tax breaks; now he wants to roll back the tax breaks for the wealthy, eliminating tax breaks for oil companies, and seems willing to consider a lot of other things to deal with the budget and economy. The Republican town hall meetings seem to show that people may finally be realizing that Democrats are actually the party of fiscal responsibility.

I truly hope that the GOP learns from the last 30 years, and especially the last 20 years. Obstructing the other party is not the best way to run the government for the benefit of all of the American people. Compromise is not a bad word. Facts are your friend.

7. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

8. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Nothing will satisfy these Birthers. They don't want the truth and Trump isn't going to give up this great publicity easily.

A Republican examined it, for god's sake.

9. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Funny I had to prove my education credentials and proof of citizenship for 3 companies that extend offers.
    Is it really out of line for the president to furnish such information?

Did I cross the the line of being a racist?

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

If I were a birther, I'd wonder why it took him so long to forge ... I mean produce this document. ;)

I don't think anybody suggested you were racist for doing that.

11. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

He did furnish his official state-certified short-form birth certificate.

12. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Obama released his short form BC (the same BC any Hawaiian gets when they request a copy of their BC, and it's good enough to prove citizenship and get a passport) back before the election, and the birthers weren't happy. He proved his citizenship a long time ago.

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Before yesterday?

14. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

In 2008, before the election.

15. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

Barack Husein Obama was born in Kenya! Now we have proof!!! Look, it says it right there!! :rolleyes:

16. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

17. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Can you really blame them? They won't have a purpose in life without Birtherism.

18. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

His middle name is Hussein?!!?!? OMG!

He could have released this years ago.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

20. yg17 thread starter macrumors G5

yg17

Why should he? He released the short form BC, which is valid and legal proof of citizenship.

Hawaii law states that no one can request an original long form BC, not even the person who's name is on the BC, so Obama had to call in a few favors to get this. I'm surprised the right wing loons aren't accusing him of overstepping his bounds and destroying states' rights to get it.

21. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

It is long overdue but I am glad it is finally released.

22. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Are you serious?

24. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well I think he always could get the long form certificate you just have to file a freedom of information request and they have to go into a vault to get it. It takes weeks and about 10 man hours and costs money. The short form certificate which incidentally is more official takes about 10 minutes of standing in line.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

No matter what Obama does, these people are not going to be satisfied. They're absolutely insane. Trump should be ashamed of himself. I was once proud of the Trump Tower here in Chicago. Now I'd like to see it burned to the ground.