Obama says just as many stupid blunders as Bush did

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Apple OC, May 26, 2011.

1. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Its the price one pays for having most of what you say open to public scrutiny and record.

You'd have plenty to laugh at, if I were in office.

3. codymac macrumors 6502

"...therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words 'I am a jelly doughnut!'"
    :D

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Everyone says stupid things, but the big difference between GWB and Obama is that between the stupid things, Obama has some coherent speeches; logical conclusions and the occassional brilliant commentary.

GWB on the other hand was nothing more than a long string of gaffes, blunders and efforts to destroy my country. (Kavika, that one was for you - ;))

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Unless there is a tally, someone keeping track, the title is false.
    It should be "all presidents make gaffs, some more than others ;)"

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Gaffes is spelled with an e. ;)

8. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I thought he was referring to a previously-unknown tradition of yacht-building in the White House workshops.

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

That would have been nautical of him.

10. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Gaffe count for Freeny- 1 (starting now)

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The article raised the question about why the liberal media does not report on Obama's screw ups. I see a lot of posters in threads here say the same thing. "Liberal media, hypocrites, never report on Obama making a mistake, etc etc" I've seen that point made like five times at least.

Anyway, here's my question to the righties who say that (and I would love an answer):

WHAT??? Are you high? The day after his two recent mistakes (date and music), MSNBC reported on his gaffes EVERY SINGLE HOUR. Literally. Every hour on MSNBC, they ran footage of an embarrassed Obama when the queen just stood there after he spoke over the music. SO... What the heck are you guys talking about? Isn't MSNBC your poster child for liberal media (at least on tv)? Do you even check to see if they run these stories or do you just hear Palin or some foxnews anchor talk about the liberal media and assume they are telling the truth?

12. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Not even close, Bush was an absolute trainwreck when it came to speaking. Say what you will about Obama and I could care less because I hate all politicians equally... But one of his biggest strengths is speaking.

13. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

:D ROFLMAO at this:

14. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I think conservatives are so used to over the top extreme fear journalism (FOX, Rush, etc..) that unless other media outlets react the same way they don't even notice it was covered... Except when it's their guy making the gaffes then even a tiny footnote on the subject is overreacting.

15. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

OH please Bush made so many gaffs that they literally filled a few small books filled with them :rolleyes:

Everyone says ridiculous stuff occasionally no one made a habit of it like Bush did.

16. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, Obama does make a lot of gaffes it's true, but at least he is more tuned into what is going on in the world. I still remember a press conference where George W, didn't even know that the price of gas was about to cross the $4 mark. I expect the President of a country to not be learning about domestic events from reporters in a press conference. It makes you wonder, if they don't even know THAT, then what else are they missing out on which might be even more important? I wish I had been at that press briefing. I think my question to him would have been, "Doesn't the White House have TV?" Cause the price of gas was not a secret. Well, except to Bush Jr. maybe.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

One of my favorites "I don't speak Mexican" because it is so Presidential. ;)

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

So, that's what's in the Bush Presidential Library? :rolleyes:

19. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

I don't watch MSNBC or CNN and I'm not glued to fox news either. I really had no idea about half of those gaffes, but I did know about pretty much every Bush gaffe. I would expect a news network, often dealing with politics, to point out stupid stuff like that from either side of the political spectrum. The difference is (at least in my view) we don't hear about Obama's mistakes almost everywhere.

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The real difference is: Obama's mistakes are far and few inbetween. We heard about Bush's mistakes all the time because he made so many of them but when Obama does make a whopper (and he has!), the news networks report on them just like they did on Bush's.

21. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

I disagree, I've not seen one Obama gaffes on local news but saw loads of Bush gaffes. Tell me how does anyone's gaffe affect my weather? I've seen Bush gaffes on comedy shows, not so with Obama. If you can point me to any clips deliberately making fun on Obama I'd appreciate it.

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

One of my personal favorites ...

23. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

The daily show has never shyed away from making fun of Obama when he screws up. I'm sure the late night hosts give him hell when he deserves it too. Can't search well on iPhone but I can try and post some stuff soon. You're right about the gaffes not affecting ur local weather and I can't speak for evey single news organization in the country, but here in ny, I can tell you, the media points out whenever either side, right or left, screws up. Whatcan I say, peope love to see famous people screw up. Makes them feel better about their boring lives I guess.

24. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Didn't Bush say something like the Spanish speak Mexican? Personally I thought they spoke Spanish mostly of the Castilian variety...