Obama still plans to accept 10,000 Syrian refugees despite Paris terrorist attacks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 15, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/15/obama-still-plans-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees-/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/15/obama-still-plans-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees-/

they are amazingly stupid., arming the very enemy
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/us-syria-rebels-equipment-al-qaeda_5606aabbe4b0dd850307c533
    and now they plan on bringing them into the U.S.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No arguments there.

3. pdqgp, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Dumb but not surprising given who is in charge. :rolleyes: We shouldn't be taking in any. Maybe Obama will become a victim of one of them. Would be a shame.

4. Oudinot macrumors regular

Oudinot

Of course obama will push for more immigrants (democratic votes) even if they kill us. He knows he can bring in more than they can kill so it's a big win for him.

5. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

They were not Syrain immigrants!

I feel ISIS is using this immigrant wave, they even said it.

Mark my words I predict the next attack will be in either Germany or Great Britton!

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

The xenophobia is strong in this thread.

Please tell me, why do you think refugees are terrorists? These are people fleeing the very violence you are now trying to say they will bring here.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...2c2566-a8e4-11e2-a8e2-5b98cb59187f_story.html

with the crap that is going on, and the dismal record we have for "vetting" people, bringing "refugees" in is stupid.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Please governor....go on.

So you are somehow saying we shouldn't be allowing people who are fleeing for their lives into the country, because maybe .000001% of them may be dangerous a decade from now? By that logic maybe we shouldn't let any of the upcoming 5th graders stick around....one of them might shoot up a school when they go to college.

I'm not following the argument you're trying to make here.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

There are many other nations that need to take these people. We don't need nor should we be the ones doing it. No, it's not safe nor is it our obligation. Let the nations around them deal with this. Our gov't has a hard enough time securing our own boarders we don't need to freely allow the entry of people from this part of the world in such numbers. Dumb. We have way too many other more important things including our own people to take of and apply resources too.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

watch video on post 5, I am sure you will agree with her on some points.

we have our own problems here, bringing "refugees" in does not help up at all.

11. Renzatic, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    What better way to confound your enemies than by sowing discord among them?

edit: I think I need to expand upon this.

Right now, we have hundreds of thousands of displaced people from the Middle East streaming all across Europe. Some of them are fleeing from war, others from the threat of it, others still for a chance at a better life in a more stable region of the world. A lot of these people are those ISIS considers undesirables.

Now if I wanted to strike out at two of my enemies at once, what would I do in this situation? Exactly what ISIS has done. I'd say I'm taking advantage of this situation to slip some of my guys in to kill more of you at a later date. And it'd work, because no one can tell who's who. The potential for me to act upon this threat is very much there.

So the end result of this is will be mass confusion. Some hardliners will refuse entry to any and all of them. They'll focus their attention solely on them, claiming the next strike will likely come from one we let cross into our country.

Now if we were to block them from entire entirely, what do you think will happen? Will they go home? Of course they won't. They'll either slip in illegally, or go around making giant pains in the asses of themselves, because the last thing they want to do is go back to where they came from, possibly to their deaths. They're here, come hell or high water.

In the end, the west only has two choices:

1. Deny them entry, and create a socio-political cluster**** that'll make all kinds of people on both sides angry.

2. Allow them in, and accept that a few of them might very well be terrorist sleepers.

Then, when something happens...and it will, tragically enough, who is everyone going to blame? The refugees and immigrants.

With a few simple words, I've created a ton of discord and strife right on your doorstep. An almost passive-aggressive act of terrorism on top of the more direct examples. Everyone is confused and scared, which is exactly what I wanted.

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

got to agree there, terrorist need people to terrorize or recruit into their groups. at the same time its easy to smuggle in terrorist into other nations disguised as refugees, somewhat funny it's mostly males who are running away.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

The short version: From a tweet by Dan Holloway: "Do you realize these are the people the refugees are trying to run away from..?"

Longer version: Of course, ISIS said they are using refugees. They want to scare people and sow fear in the west. They also want to split Muslims away from their home states, so they can be recruited. Also, think strategically: if the flow of refugees was the only way that ISIS could infiltrate the west, would they make this argument? No.

14. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

The US needs to play option #1 and tell everyone to F-off. We've done more in most every case where someone is in need than any other country and we're usually first. This time, the safety of our own comes first. Drop the mic and walk the hell away. We don't need to answer to anyone.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

nice catch 22 there, don't allow refugees and risk letting ISIS recruit them or allow refugees and risk getting ISIS among the refugees.

Syrians need to pick Assad or ISIS.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

They're far more likely to land a future terrorists into a western nation on a plane, dressed in a nice suit, and holding a valid passport.

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well Obama is from Hawaii IIRC.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

You can't just ignore a few hundred thousand people right on your doorstep, and hope they go away. You're merely shifting a bad problem into an untenable situation.

19. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah? And?

20. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

I think we should accept 10,000, or more, Kurds and Yazidis ASAP. The rest can wait until we see what shakes out.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we do that with Mexicans all day long.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

And your average Mexican isn't fleeing a war zone, cartels not withstanding.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well, the U.S has armed the rebels who are creating havoc in Syria and has bombed plenty of Syria itself, I don't know about you, but plenty of them refugees might be pissed enough at the U.S. for it's involvement and would be more than willing to give U.S citizens a bit of what they have received, no thanks.

24. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Am I the only one reminded of the Jewish refugee crisis in the late 1930's after the Nazis came into power?

We, along with far too many countries, didn't want those refugees either. I wonder if it all would have turned out differently?