Obama Stopped Processing Iraq Refugee Requests For 6 Months In 2011

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 19, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

"Although the Obama administration currently refuses to temporarily pause its Syrian refugee resettlement program in the United States, the State Department in 2011 stopped processing Iraq refugee requests for six months after the Federal Bureau of Investigation uncovered evidence that several dozen terrorists from Iraq had infiltrated the United States via the refugee program."

Game, set and match.

Obama will cave.

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

but but but we have a flawless system in place............

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Obama had no problem suspending immigration completely in 2011; however, he won't even entertain a pause just because the other side proposed it.

This is what I hate about politics.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I feel bad because nobody is responding to your post. :( Your posts are people too.

Is it possible that there were gaps in security that were closed in 2011, that make it far less likely today for terrorists to slip through?

Personally, I'd let everybody in except males from the age of 16 to 70. That should take care of 99% of the problem right there.

5. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Yes, the gaps in security were solved by the setup of a global monitoring program that can see the activities of all people while at the same time determining their ultimate/future actions(whether friendly or unfriendly). The government with its ultimate wisdom now knows all and can incontrovertibly determine the intent of people coming from a war torn region where ISIS is actively stating that they will mix in their terrorists with the refugees.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

:rolleyes: I didn't say, "solved." And you'll notice I only offered it only as a possibility. Given evidence to dispel that possibility, I'd gladly discount it. But you offer nothing more than a straw man, partisan joke. So there's little value in it for me. But I do hope it made you feel better.

7. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

You stated nothing more than the possibility of a self supporting claim slanted towards fiction.

Possibly, back in 2011 something might have happened which allows the current administration to have a possibly correct stance. Why should you be the only person to state hearsay and neglect any other possibilities as mere hearsay?

I guess because your hearsay is less egregious than mine.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It probably is ... but only because I said it.

9. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Well, in your own world your opinion is always correct; I guess that means you are correct.

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Just in his world

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

The difference here isn't that the other side proposed it, the difference is back then the FBI had found something that needed to be reviewed, now it is a bunch of irrational paranoia. ISIS want's to go after the refugees, then they can hope that they will be forced to go back to their homes in ISIS controlled areas where they can actually get to them.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Did you bother to research changes made to the refugee process since that pause was made? OR were you too busy running to the forums to slap an article up and be pleased as punch with yourself?