Obama Takes First Vacation Already?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/02/obamas-depart-f.html
    So the Obamas are taking a fabulous vacation... already. He's hasn't been in office 30 days yet.

I'm trying to find a link on how soon it was before Bush took his first vacation in office. I do know that if you add up all the days Bush spent on vacation in office it adds up to 3 years. :eek:

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Fabulous vacation? It's not like he's going to tropical paradise, he's going home to see friends and family that he hasn't seen over a month and to spend Valentines Day with his wife. I won't fault anyone, Bush included for that. He's done more in 3 weeks than Bush did in 8 years, and he has earned this trip home. Being president doesn't mean you have to be held captive in the White House. And the word "vacation" isn't even in the god damn article.

Get over it already. Obama beat Hillary, and none of your whining and making false statements about Obama will change that.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

4. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

lol, so three days in Chicago is considered a "fabulous vacation". Too funny.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

OK, let's get something straight here.

Fabulous vacation:
    [​IMG]

Not a fabulous vacation:
    [​IMG]

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Yep - being a GA pilot, I know.

Huge TFR (Temporary Flight Restriction) over essentially the entire Chicago area this weekend...

:mad:

7. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Of course, when we raised concerns about George W. Bush's frequent vacations, we were told that he was never really on vacation, that he has everything he needs with him to be working all the time even when he's clearing brush away from his fake ranch.

So wouldn't it stand to reason that Obama is doing the same thing? Minus the faux ranch, of course.

I'll get concerned when Obama threatens to break Bush's record for fabulous vacations. Until then, can't a guy have Valentines Day with his wife? Wouldn't he be getting flak if he didn't do something romantic for his wife?

9. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

he's leaving the white house to go home to spend time with his family. sounds like a vacation to me.
    To you, posting anything other than "Obama is God" is considered trolling. When's the last time you asked for a vacation day within 3 weeks of staring a new job?
    I told you during the campaign, that'd I'd criticize the new President where (s)he is wrong. This is not the time to take a day off. And to put it in perspective, we were not in an economic crisis when Bush took office.

10. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

I left work to go home at 5:10pm this evening. I'm with my family. Does that mean I'm on vacation?

They're going to Chicago for two days. Over a weekend.

11. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

[​IMG]

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Stevento- we know you're still hurting over the Hillary loss, but come on...:rolleyes: If you really think Obama is taking the same time off as Bush...please...

13. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? You said 'fabulous vacation'. This is clearly not a 'fabulous vacation'. Clear to any rational person, at least.

More utterly ridiculous bile. Claiming that he is taking a 'fabulous vacation' when the truth is that he is going to Chicago for two (non-working) days.

Like most people I don't have to take 2 days off at the weekend. Do you expect the President to work 7 days a week, including Sundays?

This post is ludicrous.

14. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68020

SactoGuy18

By the way, going back to Chicago, IL is no picnic--there is a 30% chance of snow with temperatures no higher than the mid 30's in the afternoon for Saturday, February 14, 2009.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Stop it! Chicago is fantastic no matter what time of year it is...

16. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

So, you know the stimulus bill passed the Senate, Congress is on vacation next week and most of the rest of the federal government is shut down Monday. It isn't exactly an inopportune moment.

17. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

You see, If Obama was god then he wouldn't need to take days off. But since he is, unfortunately, human like all of us he can't work forever :rolleyes:

18. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Thread closed: Feel free to start another thread discussing this matter in a way that is open to debate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.