Obama throws Kaepernick under the bus.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 28, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. jkcerda, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. impulse462, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

clickbait title. he clearly said he wants each party to think what effect their actions could have on other people. nuanced as always; something trump supporters have none of and display it proudly as if that makes them more authoritative on any subject.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Which is quite right.

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Wearing his mom jeans and demonstrating his submissive side, he's recognized as being nuanced. It's impressive how he sits with nary a care in the world, while millions of average citizens suffer due to issues and injustices he blatantly ignores. Admired by the passive and radical progressives, they give him a pass while placing all blame on others. It's great to be a Democrat.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What issues does Obama ignore?

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

It's easier to list what he does pay attention to.

1. Golf
    2. Bowing to world leaders
    3. Vacations
    4. Blaming cops and stirring race wars
    5. Increasing the debt 20 fold
    6. Writing executive orders to undermine our laws (see immigration law and deportation policy)

8. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

The list is awfully long and repeatedly denied by those in love with Hussein himself. Besides in the overall scheme of things, it's irrelevant. The damage is done, the victims none the wiser, and the lame duck is too arrogant to care. The guys legacy forever stained by his own narcissistic personality.

9. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Obama's right. Pity a lot of US companies refuse to honor American workers by offshoring jobs to leech and gut America with.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2016 ---
    1. Bush did more of that
    2. Bowing is not a sign of inferiority or apology in some cultures, it is also a gesture of good will and appreciation
    3. Bush took more...
    4. Not sure I'd agree, will find links and post them after you do.
    5. Well, the national debt was $10T when Bush left office and Bush kept some costs out of that ledger to mislead. After putting those numbers back where they should be and other expenditures, and debt interest, the first year under Obama was one Bush set up so it's technically 7 years with one to go, between 2008 and 2016 the debt increased twofold. "20 fold" is such exaggeration that even Donald Trump, who typically makes them accidentally, would feel embarrassment.
    6. So Obama created NSPD51, HSPD20, and REX84? That's news to me! Why don't you look those up and when they were made and try to blame Obama for those.
    Saddam has been dead for years, Liberals need to get over it.

10. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Perfect response. Hope President Clinton would respond in the same way.

IMG_0224.JPG

11. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Or adequately resolved, but those are two different things.
    The numbers are too tight for anyone to truly guess who will win.

But you remind me of 2004 when all the Liberals or people even slightly left of center (like me) thought Kerry would win in a landslide, preemptively posting on web forums pictures of champagne glasses and acting very smug. Oops. Especially when we all saw the debates and how Kerry chose to stumble and not even ask the same questions Bush asked of him in return (which would have had Bush losing both the debate and election and not wrongly so). Kerry deliberately wanted to lose.

12. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Yeah before this debate I was pretty cautious in assuming a Clinton victory. But after Monday I just can't picture Trump as president. I'll be utterly shocked and disappointed if it happens. Though I acknowledge the possibility.

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Happy to hear those examples...

14. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I dunno. People called him undignified an emotional, but Clinton was looking pretty smug as well and if nothing else, the moderator was not supposed to be wearing an earpiece so I don't think the debate was ran straight (I agree that the hand signal thing was rubbish, but the earpiece in the moderator's ear is incontrovertible).

But I digress: If I were to venture an opinion based solely on how they acted, Trump being frustrated over America breaking down and resorting to snapping (which is not good since he had started out very well) is an issue, but Clinton looking smug is no less unpresidential.

15. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Bush did not golf anywhere near as much. The debt was no where near 10T.

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

College costs?

Student loan debt?

Going after corrupt colleges? How long does it take?

Single payer? Obamacare (ala Romneycare Expanded) has not resolved insurance costs.

Wage devaluation.

Food stamp use.

National debt.

How many more shall I mention before you become happy, and if any of those make you happy, I only feel sadder that people feel happy about those problems existing.

17. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Maybe Trump lives in a different America, but my America isn't breaking down. It's booming. I'll vote accordingly.

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Obama, clearly. He’s played 300 rounds so far and Bush played about 24,

https://www.quora.com/Which-president-has-played-more-golf-during-their-presidency-Obama-or-Bush

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...ok-more-vacation-george-w-bush-or-barack-oba/

I stand corrected, and am sorry. You're right, Obama did golf more (but took fewer outright vacations). Either way, Wilson and Eisenhower (both arguably better presidents than the ones we've had from whenever/2001 - 2009/present/whenever) played more and the country was in better shape despite it.

20. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

According to whom? I haven't heard of any rule stating the mod isn't supposed to have an ear piece, nor does it mean that wearing one somehow influenced his role. As for Clinton looking smug that's entirely subjective nor does it compare to how Trump has acted throughout this election. Trump has been on a high horse this whole time so why is it an issue if Clinton acted like she knew what she was doing?

21. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

UPDATED REPLY:

Looks like there is no such rule, according to Snopes anyway, so why would so many other websites from a week ago claim otherwise but not be corrected since then? One. Whole. Week.

http://www.snopes.com/lester-holt-wore-earpiece/
    (still, if they need to keep track of time, what's wrong with a stopwatch on the table as opposed to a device that invites question that isn't truly necessary to begin with?)

ORIGINAL REPLY:

http://pagesix.com/2016/09/17/diffe...lauers-pathetic-trump-and-clinton-interviews/
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/debate-moderators-no-earpieces/2016/09/18/id/748840/
    http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/18/c...earing-earpieces-during-presidential-debates/

For more:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=debate+earpieces+not+allowed

There's the allegation made by others that there is a rule. And no worries, I can relate - I didn't hear of any rule until after the debate either, despite articles coming out a week beforehand. If there have been updates since that had the rules changed back to allow earpieces, even the search made 5 minutes ago would have revealed that within the first page to quickly get people in the know with. But nothing was there.

Video:

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

This meme is disgusting and offensive.

23. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Need a safe space cupcake? I'm just not PC.

24. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

From your first link, so is it allowed or not?

And infowars is not the best source for anything other then humor or research on the insane.

Sounds like a personal problem.

25. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Maybe its because Obama's white half is racist against Kaepernicks black half.