Obama to Appear on O’Reilly

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Sep 3, 2008.

1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

WSJ

Obama picked an interesting night to appear on the factor. Apparently trying to take some steam from the big night. The Palin announcement certainly took wind from the sails of the DNC convention.

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hmm... I'd have picked a different FOXNoise host to grace with my presence if I were Obama.

However, it does show his faith in his positions and his ability to return fire with one of the more abusive hosts on TV.

It would be interesting to see if McCain would be willing to do the same with a similarly left-of-center interviewer...

3. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

ooh i cant wait to see orielly trying to twist obamas words in real time.

this will be interesting to see if Obama can manage to come off well with a host that biased

(yes im aware of the bias on all forms of media)

4. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well I thought the O'Reilly interview with Clinton went very well and afterwards she gained some respect with some of the hard-line conservatives. There was NO twisting of words. BO has been trying to get Obama on the Factor for quite a while now and this was an ace in Barack's pocket. He's quite deft to choose Thursday for the interview.

5. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

Finally! He didn't have the cajones to do it during the primary season. Hillary Clinton did not waiver in the face of conservative shouting points and criticisms when she took on O'Reilly.
    He accused her on having a plan to bankrupt America, and called her a tax-and-spend liberal.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

because if the candidates are running on anything in this country, its cajones (wait, they dont want those border hoppers or their language here, yes im being a smart ass)

Maybe the reason he never went on during the primaries was the blatant bias billo's been using for years on that smutfest he calls a show. Again, this will be interesting.

7. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

8. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

One Word.... fear

As in he fears the mo is with Mac

9. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I'd love for McCain to go on with Keith Olberman or someone. Too bad there's no left-of-center host who's as evil as O'Reilly.

10. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

Could you imagine the carnage! I'd pay for ringside seats for that.

11. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I have little interest in these conventions. I think I'll wait until this interview hits the internet to avoid convention coverage.

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

There are plenty of decent people on both sides of the American political landscape, but Bill O'Reilly is not one of them. He is an incendiary and a charlatan, and his continued presence on a major news network is an affront to the concept of objectivity of any kind.

13. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Me too. Except Olbermann is just as evil, only not as credible. :)
    His embarrassing lift of Ed Murrow's "good night and good luck" is really over the top pretentious.

Only he's not there to be objective, he's an analyst.

14. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I disagree - his "analysis" is low-brow smear. Like Anne Coulter, He is a liability to the conservative point of view rather than an asset.

15. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Wait, I thought his network was fair and balanced?

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Can we please bring William Buckley back from the dead? God, I would have never said that in the 80's.

17. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

18. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Well if he was exactly like Anne Coulter, Clinton and Obama wouldn't have appeared on his show. Anne Coulter is way worse than BillO.

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

That's true - O'Reilly is merely repugnant, while Coulter is beneath contempt.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I thought Hillary did very well. I will be watching this interview with great interest.

21. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Veddy interesting indeed.

Honestly, I don't think anyone really comes off that show unscathed. The bias is so strong that the ones who like Obama and watch will continue to like him, and the ones who like O'Reilly will agree with everything he says. I once argued with my grandpa, who will not vote for a democrat for a presidential race under any circumstances (not that I'm a Democrat), and only votes for Republicans...Anyways, he watches Bill O'Reilly every night and he once argued that he's "the only news-man who isn't biased and tells it like it is." I asked him about the times he's cut his guests' microphones to yell at them, or to tell people to "shut up" because they don't agree with him. My grandpa's response was a lot like the response of an Apple fanboy, regurgitating spoon-fed lines. "Dustin, his show is called the 'No-Spin zone.' As soon as they start talking ********, he cuts them off." I nearly smacked my head to the dashboard realising he didn't understand that that was irrelevant, and that in order to be "non-biased" and "fair," you have to actually give the person of an opposite view the time and ability to speak, and not cut them off when you disagree.

Bah.

22. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I think I'll postpone my bedtime to watch this in the hope that Sen. Obama befuddles The Hypocritical Falafel™ with facts so as to make the Republican mouthpiece look like the idiot he is.

(Did that come across as biased?)

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No, not at all.;)

24. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

slightly

25. és: macrumors 6502a

és: