Obama to seek new war powers from Congress

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-seek-war-powers-congress-231936229--politics.html

more war powers to the war monger, gee what could go wrong :rolleyes:

2. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Now watch the Republicans all of a sudden become total hippies. :p

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I don't think so, they would benefit should McCain or another POS chicken hawk get in:eek:

4. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The warmonger ? to have a warmonger you need a warmonger senate otherwise the prez wouldn't be a warmonger.

Now that republicans are in charge I'd put the blame on the Prez and congress. Including republicans.

So in essence it's a government warmonger.

5. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

they are all in it. who stopped him from going into Libya? Syria?

at any rate, the POTUS does NOT need any more WAR powers.

6. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Republicans are not in charge of the Senate. They don't take office until January 3, 2015. We are still in the LAME DUCK session. Just clarifying.

7. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Preach on, brotha. We've been in over 200 conflicts where our military was sent to foreign nations. What bothers me is that on no less than 125 occasions the President sent our military into a conflict WITHOUT prior Congressional consent. 125 TIMES.:eek: (it's on page 202 of the PDF) The tally should be higher now, since that PDF was written in 2001.

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we seem to be in perpetual war
    for Israel? or for special interest?

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

We've been that way since the 1950s. Korea, Israel, Vietnam, Iran, Afghanistan, Israel again, Egypt, Libya, Iraq, Israel again, Iraq/Kuwait, Israel again, Afghanistan, Iraq again..

But keep thinking that Obama is the only war mongering POTUS we've had. Eisenhower warned us about this, and we didn't listen.

both, especially seeing that Israel may be going to the Hague on war crimes charges stemming from their attack on Gaza.

BL.

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Neocon = groveling Israel boot-licker. Examples: Ted Cruz, William Kristol, National Review, and the Weekly Standard.

The establishment GOP hawks will push for more Pentagon spending to confront Russia and China, but aren't necessarily looking for the next shooting war. However, they are a minority; most of the GOP hawks are also rabid neocons.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Which means by extension that it's the people warmongering.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

NEVER did I claim Obama was the ONLY warmongering POS clown up there.

----------

I DON'T understand the love for Israel from some neocons.

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yet you've only portrayed Obama as the warmonger, and repeatedly at that.

Good for the goose = good for the gander, but you only single out Obama. Sounds like you only have a beef with Obama.

BL.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Simply your perception of things. WHO decided to get involved in Libya & Syria? The current clown in charge. Obama should share a jail cell next to Bush

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Does Reagan get a pass? He did the same thing. Should Nixon get a pass? Johnson? Wilson? Monroe? Jackson? By your reckoning, all of these were warmongers. Monroe would be worst: his doctrine stated that if there is any conflict in the Western Hemisphere, the USA will handle it, and if need be, send in the troops. That has happened on a number of occasions.

BL.

17. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

The USA has been at war the entire presidency of Barack Obama. We've bombed seven countries under his leadership.

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm not much of a Tea Party fan, but at least they are (were?) skeptical of more foreign adventures. This election cycle was not Tea Party-friendly; the Senate is more neocon before. I hope Mitch McConnell has a plan to deal with John McCain and Lindsey Graham when they start frothing-at-the-mouth over ISIS, Iran, and Syria. McConnell appears to me as the ultimate GOP establishmentarian and not a warrior-wannabe, so I think he will.

Of course, the ultimate decision rests with Obama who probably feels like he needs to prove his manhood after this week's shellacking.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Reagan is dead, if he wasn't I would have no problems with him going to jail either. are the rest on your list dead as well? no problems, dig them up & give them life behind bars.

----------

it's ok, he won a nobel peace prize.

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

In short, they're dead, so they escape.

BL.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: your fault for picking dead guys to complain about in the first place.

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

My point: No mention of Powell, Rice, Rumsfeld, Gonzalez, Ridge, Shwarzkopf, or anyone else in any cabinet of the POTUS that had been involved in any conflict or war. You've only taken out the head of the snake, not realizing that you're battling a hydra, who can take the body away and live to fight another day.

If you're going to call out someone as a warmonger, call out those who warmongered with them, yet you have yet to do that.

BL.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

OMG, yes, yes, yes, all the warmongers to jail. include anyone in congress who simply stood by.

happy now? or do you have other complaints?

24. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The beast that was born from World War 2 and raised on the Cold War remains ever hungry...

25. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

By your reckoning, this country should not exist. its first CiC and POTUS was a warmonger. ;)

BL.