Obama tripples down on stupid

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 8, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Awwww man. When you said he'd tripled down on stupid, I figured you were talking about Trump.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

No worries. I'm sure he can do it as soon as his coronation is complete

4. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

That reminds me. Since Trump's last stop on his thank you for was here in Mobile, I wonder if he ordered his crown and sceptre from the Dynasty Collection. That could be his real reason for returning here. They do amazing work.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama to Putin: "Notice me!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still important!!!"

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yes, Obama is being ignored by Putin and Obama can't seem to handle it.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

or this was planned long ago. you have no clue just like everyone else but that does not stop you being a expert.

9. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

This argument is a logical fallacy writ large.

And, it's based on a misunderstanding of the history leading up to the Iraq War.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

so the clueless one wants war just a couple of weeks before he leaves?

11. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Read the article. They're moving the vehicles into Army Prepositioned Stocks. These aren't tanks with combat loads barreling to the nearest Russian border.

Moreover, a few months ago Trump and other conservatives were hammering Obama for allowing Russian fighters to buzz U.S. ships and submitting only a diplomatic protest.

12. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I'll be honest and say, I just don't understand how you can arrive at this sort of conclusion from the information provided.

These armored vehicles have been requested by the Governments of various NATO countries. They will be stored at warehouses in the Netherlands, Germany, and Poland. How is this, in any way imaginable, supposed to lead to "war with Russia"?

The only way they would ever be used in combat is if a NATO nation (Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, etc.) were attacked by an outside party. If that were to actually happen, what would you suggest the United States do? Nothing?

You do understand, from the article, that Russia has recently placed nuclear-capable missiles in close proximity to its border with Poland and the Baltic states. Because, from my perspective, a bunch of tanks kept in a warehouse in Rotterdam or Frankfurt is a hell of a lot less threatening than a nuclear-armed missile regiment just across the river from me.

If you want to call out "war mongers" - I suggest you take a close look at Vladimir Putin and the President-Elect of the United States, who seems bound and determined to kiss his ass at every opportunity he can get.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Give me. A break :mad:
    It's Sunday and I just left work. Headlines are about as much as I can read right now.....

14. daflake macrumors 6502a

This sums it up pretty nicely as to the reasoning for the redeployment.

Although, I have heard we are going to be rotating units in on the armor, not storing it.

Putin has gotten pretty aggressive over here.

15. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Get over the ear thing every is either peace or war to you.

16. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It doesn't seem crazy to have a few tanks prepositioned in Europe.

Doesn't really speak to long term thinking if they just removed them a few years ago.

17. daflake macrumors 6502a

The problem is that there are a lot of people who simply don't want the USA here. So, we draw down and then realign our efforts elsewhere. Then Russia starts acting stupid and all of a sudden those same people are asking us why we left. Russia wasn't a major threat until the last year really when they really started rattling the sabers. Will Putin do something stupid? Who knows, but it would take us a while to get our forces back in place to defend Europe and most of the other armies would get slaughtered by Russia at this point. So, we build back up again...

18. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Trump doesn't triple down on stupid. He double-dog dares it!

19. samcraig macrumors P6

Right out of Trump's playbook, no? I mean - that cartoon is almost verbatim what Trump tweeted.

One of the things that scares me most about Trump is that I have zero trust in him and he hasn't done anything (nor does it seem he cares) to build any trust. Especially if you weren't one of his supporters.

And quite franky - the trust of some of his followers is waning after the realization that they might have to pay for the wall and other things

20. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

WHY do you guys follow him ?

21. Huntn macrumors Pentium

Huntn

You want triple down on stupid? A case where the not-the-Trumpet buys snake oil from the Orange Oracle of Ultimate Truth regardless of what our security experts say. :oops::rolleyes:

22. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Your headline was confusing, as it only stated "triple". I assumed Obama must have had a good day :).

As far as the Russians and the election. From my understanding there is no proof, yet the media has stated like it is a fact (fyi...I have not listed to the news in a few days, so if this changed let me know), but even if so..what was posted by the Russians that was not accurate? So are we saying "the truth" influenced the election? Also, should the DNC not be ashamed of there lack of security...especially in light of the Clinton email scandal, and should this not be news?

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

NATO countries have requested the arms when Russia decided to annex Crimea. Some are afraid he's going to continue to try and get the old Soviet bloc back together. About the only country that has had a problem with it is some in Germany (who are pro-Russian) and would prefer to go along with whatever pleases Russia instead of the U.S.