Obama: US 'will act' if Iran missile tests violated deal. Iran: Yea, whatever.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 11, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Actually, the first thing I'd read was that Biden said the US 'will act'.

Not sure how the US is impotent. Maybe the GOP wants to obstruct and have the next president deal with this along with Scalia's replacement? :rolleyes:

2. FieldingMellish Suspended

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

If the GOP obstructs an Obama attack on Iran, they'll have my full support.

Who remembers the Bush years when regime change was considered a bad thing?

4. Robisan macrumors 6502

I'm sorry, but this is some really sloppy journalism.

Opening two graphs:

US Vice President Joe Biden has said that the United States would take action against Iran if its recent long-range ballistic missile tests were carried out in defiance of an international deal reached last year over Iran's nuclear programme.

"I want to reiterate, as I know people still doubt, if in fact they break the (nuclear) deal, we will act," Biden said on Wednesday during a visit to Israel and the Palestinian territories.​

Second to last graph:

The hard-fought deal, which saw international sanctions lifted in exchange for curbs on Iran's nuclear ambitions, did not extend to its missile programme.

5. FieldingMellish Suspended

Oy vey. Now there's the result of brilliant negotiation on the Obama Administration's part, led by that funereal and equine-looking Kerry. Get a Trump in there next time and .... we'd not even be negotiating with Death to America Iran.