Obama WH to illegals: We’ll help you get paid fairly

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Black Macbook, Jun 21, 2010.

Nobody should be the least bit surprised or shocked when what's going to happen in November actually does happen. What that means is that the American people are going to begin kicking these illegal supporting bums to the curb, where they belong.

And sorry gay people, but this issue is more important and damaging to the country than some gays not being able to get married.

Instead of enforcing the law – which is, after all, the raison d’être of the executive branch — they’re conspiring to help people break it, and with our tax dollars, no less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owMAs2t2Fo&feature=player_embedded

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/06/21/obama-wh-to-illegals-well-help-you-get-paid-fairly/

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If illegals have to be paid fairly there is less incentive not to employ legal citizens...

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

How about this? How about we work on fixing all these things at the same time? And no- this does not necessitate some big Republican takeover of government.

4. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

Illegals should be paid exactly $0.00 dollars an hour, as they are illegal, and they should not be here in the first place.

All illegals should immediately be deported and anybody hiring illegals should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and given hefty fines and/or jail time.

The Obama administration should be sued for dereliction of duty, aiding and assisting criminals and neglecting to protect the interests of American citizens.

5. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

Well, that would be fine by me. However, the problem is that there's only two parties to vote for, and neither one is going to perfect, so people will just have to go for whoever they feel represents the majority of their interests and ideas.

6. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Yeah, let's put more people in jail! While we're at it, let's put the prison on an island so we can build some bridges to it too.

7. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Whoa whoa whoa

Am I missing something?

Why is she publicly advocating illegal activity? :confused::confused::confused:

I really did used to think that all the conspiracy talk about Dems wanting amnesty for votes was just that, a crazy conspiracy.

These days I am starting to think that they really do just want votes....
    Then again, who doesn't?

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Might I remind you that Bush tried to do the same thing with amnesty? The point is- this is not a left/right issue.

9. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

And Bush was terrible on immigration also.

That doesn't excuse the current temporary occupant of the White House from also being wrong on this issue.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Its called being grown up and realistic.

Its not condoning drug use to offer treatment services to addicts.

11. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

No need to remind me, I included the "Who doesn't" clause! :p

Being grown up.... Nope. Its actually called pandering.

Being "Grown-Up" would be respecting the law of the land, and enforcing punishment for those who do not.

12. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

Sure!

First off, let's free all of the people that don't belong in jail. One group that comes to mind is people in jail for minor marijuana offences. That is a huge waste of money and it's totally wrong.

I have no problems with putting people in jail who deserve to be there, and since we've freed up the jails, we can now put more deserving people in there.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I never said it did. I was pointing out that this is not a left/right issue and therefore does not necessarily mean Republicans will suddenly take over congress in November.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So its pandering to drug users to offer treatment to them?

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You don't have the right to any pay if you are here undocumented, you can't work legally in the US without a VISA.

16. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Do you feel that there does not exist a fine amount that would exist as sufficiently punitive and deterring? Why put people in jail if a fine will do the trick (ie why use taxpayer dollars)? To me, the worst aspect of the "crime" is that the workers get insufficient wages.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

^^ By all means fine the employers for using illegal immigrants.

18. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

the worst aspect of the crime is people are in the country illegally. Time to load up the buses, gas them up, and get ready for mass deportation.

As for fines for employers, $100,000 per offense should do, that will put most small business in a hurt so they would never try it.

19. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Why?

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

OT but can you please do something about that dreadful avatar? I think I had a seizure.

21. Surely Guest

Surely

Now that's something I can agree with. You fascist liberal.

22. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.

Summed it up nicely

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Because they are complaining about a low wage they shouldn't even be in the country to receive. As someone who is about to be an immigrant worker I can tell you for sure it would have been much easier to just disregard laws, not paid any fees, and just illegally border jumped.

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

considering that they already are breaking the law employeeing the illegals it does nothing to really help.

iLlegal imgrents depress wages for everyone who is here legally. They are willing to accept much lower pay for the same job than some one who is hear legally. Those employers who employee illegals are going to go for them instead since they are cheaper. This means less demand for people legally here which lowers those wages because there is more supply and less demand.

I think the laws need to be harsh on people who employee illegals. Very harsh on them. On top of that make it illegal to rent property unless you are hear legally and make the punishment to renting to illegals harsh.

On top of that make the deportation processes much more effective and faster.
    States and city should not have to be passing this laws but are being force to do so because of the massive failure of the federal government.

I am on the side that illegals should be paid $0.00 and hour and should be deported.

They way to deal with illegals is by targeting were they live and work. Also target the people employee and renting to illegals.

25. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Why shouldn't they be in the country is what I'm asking.