Obama wins the nomination....finally.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by elcid, Jun 3, 2008.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

but super delegates can switch! he shouldn't get any delegates from michigan! she'll take this to denver! hillary will never quit, she's a fighter and will be the nominee!!!!!!11

2. elcid thread starter macrumors 6502

I think she knows its over, shes just going to hang around to be #2 on the ticket.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If she is number 2 than Obama will have made his first mistake.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

Until he becomes president, at which time every little problem that the country has will suddenly become his fault, of course...

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

She would be Cheney in a dress with a bad attitude that doesn't agree with the President, not to mention all the camera time she would demand to voice her opinions.

Nightmare of epic proportions, where she can once again claim she was the one who ran things.

6. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I just want her to actually say "I am dropping out of the Democratic primary." She better not drag this out.

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

She hasn't and she is.

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The party isn't going to let her. Pelosi, Dean and a bunch of other leading democrats said they would step in if she refused to give it up.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

As if they could stand up to the might of the great Hillary!

10. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

But what chance does she has... it will just make her look more desperate and less attractive (as a canidate :D)

11. AndyClarke macrumors regular

AndyClarke

Is that possible?

12. Mackan macrumors 65816

CNN interviewed a woman on the street, who supported Hillary. They asked if she would vote for Obama in the presidential election now that he is the nominee. She said no, she will vote for McCain. The reporter ask why, and she said " because I don't think America is ready for a black president".

If I was american I would be really embarrassed and ashamed to hear someone saying that...

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

^ that's dicked up http://up.*************/files/1/Images/Smilies/ShakeHeadNoNoNo.gif

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That woman should be dragged through the street.

15. officerdick macrumors regular

Well it is not entirly news, Obama won back in February :)

16. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

:eek: wow. just wow. :( :mad:

crazy white bitches sticking together or something maybe. </bad joke>

17. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Possibly...but the speech she gave last night really worries me. The feeling I got from her was essentially, "okay, Barack. You won -- not really, but I'm being forced out by the party so even though I received more votes (debatable) I'll go with what they say. BUT, you owe me the VP slot, and if I don't get it, I'm taking my 18 million voters and going home. So, if you want me to make an effort for you, you have to give in to me first."

It's funny...a lot of people were saying how Hillary would put the party and the country ahead of her own ambitions, but I've never seen that. She's after power for herself, and she doesn't care how she gets there, even if it means implicitly blackmailing Obama to get there.

And I don't know why, but when I think of Hillary running as VP, I get a sort of Manchurian Candidate vibe. Not so much that I think there's a Laurence Harvey hanging around to do the unthinkable, but that she feels that if she's the VP, she'll be there to step in and be president if/when Obama stumbles or is forced out between now and November.

18. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think within the next week or so you'll see a full concession by Hillary. She's just maintaining an aggressive negotiation stance.

19. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

We Americans always are. It's like, all the dumb people are walking around outside waiting for someone to ask them a question so they can smile with their missing teeth and speak ignorance with their yokel accent.

On another note, I am pissed that some people believe that Hillary will be chosen as Obama's running mate, and a lot of political figures are pushing the issue and practically forcing the issue.

I do hope that Obama can break the new ground that he is on: Getting white conservative Americans like that woman to vote for him.

20. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Can't wait for Obama to debate McCain. Obama's going to make him look like a bitter old man and all the Hillary supporters who are saying they'll vote for McCain will realize the errors of their ways. The Democratic party will heal itself a lot quicker than pundits have predicted. This year's candidates are so different that a vote for McCain from a Democrat, will be like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

But the second someone says "I don't think America is ready for a woman president" this woman would be crying foul and screaming about sexism

22. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Amen, which brings another issue up. This will be the first election where race and sex play a heavy role. Now that Obama has won, the media is abuzz with non offensive racial comments that don't have these words in it:

- Immigrant
    - Crime/Murder/Drugs
    - HIV/AIDS
    - Poverty
    - Urban
    - Unwed maternity

You get the picture. Personally, by the way this nomination went America is ready for a black president and are ready to bring bigger issues on race relation to light other than what I mentioned.

23. elcid thread starter macrumors 6502

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=168561&title=indecision-2008-west-virginia

Ya, as an American it is disgraceful.