Obamacare dumpster fire continues to collapse

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Zombie Acorn, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Humana, a major insurer in the US has said they will be dropping from the exchanges, pushing this pile of garbage closer to the edge.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/aetna-humana-drop-merger-bid-234989

Problem is that the democrats have left the Republicans a healthcare system on fire and are going to be quick to blame the failing system on the Republicans if anything is tweaked.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

republicans sat on their hands and did nothing to fix it or before it was passed hand any ideas of their own.

3. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They've had Obama out of the veto seat for 28 days. By Obama standards they have at least 7 more years to blame democrats.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

republicans did nothing for 8 years to get a better medical program. if they hated it so much they had a chance now didn't they?

5. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

the UNaffordable care act is all on the democrats, that said IF republicans mess things up more then the blame lies on the republicans, time to **** or get off the pot, just repealing it is not going to work.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

These threats to exit are all about the mega companies being in a snit because DoJ dissed their merger plans. How too bad they can't set up the equivalent of "single payer" by becoming the Two, the Several Yuge Insurers without any intention of giving consumers break one on squat.

The Republicans could have cooperated in developing a better healthcare system. They declined, even in the face of Americans wanting universal healthcare (and acting like they had it when it came to showing up at ERs). It's unfortunate for Americans but fitting for the GOP that they're now stuck fixing the mess they helped create. Whatever they come up with better look good to people who don't want their expanded coverage rescinded.

Don't get excited about the upvote, that was only half an upvote... :D

7. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I just got a letter from my insurer, they're investigating increasing my premium from $350/mo to $1200/mo or just dropping me outright because of my preexisting condition.

Probably going to have to drop it and go back to the Emergency Room healthcare if I can't find a more reasonable rate.

ACA actually helped me and others actually get insured.

8. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Well it helped you get insured until the companies realized they couldn't afford it anyways. Sounds pretty unaffordable to me.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Don't get me started on this again.

BL.

10. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It sounds like a ripoff.

11. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

:eek::mad: WOW. That's a huge premium.

12. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Your parties plan is falling apart, what are you going to start?
    --- Post Merged, Feb 14, 2017 ---
    Should ask Obama for a refund.

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The fact of how petty you are starting to sound when money becomes more important than people's health and lives.

In fact, it has been the mantle of Trump's campaign the entire time, and no-one has yet to see of any "alternative" he or any of the Reds have. We are still waiting, and in the meantime, insurance companies are going back to their previous practices of dropping people for pre-existing conditions, because they care more about money than lives.

Again, how petty.

BL.

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Well, let's see now ... what has your party replaced it with?
    This story has actually been out for a few weeks now. It's already been covered in PRSI.

Maybe ZA just forgot.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Of course. It doesn't fit his agenda.

BL.

17. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

With the WH and GOP threatening eradication of the ACA, and to this date not offering any guidance, reassurance, or alternative, is anyone surprised that insurance companies are opting to sit out until the dust settles?

This is on the backs of the GOP/WH. The marketplace hates uncertainty which is precisely what the right is providing...uncertainty.

18. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Your party's plan is falling apart. The private sector is leaving. This has nothing to do with Trump.
    I assure you their leaving of this dumpster fire is not a bunch of BS, the coops have collapsed already along with billions of taxpayer dollars and the private sector is exiting as fast as possible.
    They were opting out and coops were collapsing well before Trump was a twinkle in anyone's eye.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Sorry but Republicans own this now. They are in full control and still can't offer up anything better. You'ed think they could have come up with anything after 7 yrs, but Republicare is what we are left with now.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is it falling apart because the republicans voted to repeal it? Might that have anything to do with it.

21. 5684697, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017

5684697 Suspended

25 days in control, and you are blaming Republicans for the Obamacare disaster? Wait until the Cadillac tax kicks in, which has to be the stupidest, most reprehensible idea in the history of governance.

Meanwhile, Obama is still blaming Bush for everything, from his slice to Trump's massive need for attention casts a shadow that makes everyone forget how cool and hip the former President used to be.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That letter sounds like something that needs to be copied to congressional members of both parties. Your congressperson, leadership of both chambers...as many people as will make a fuss too.

Really? I thought Obama was busy doing this activity this week:

IMG_1788.JPG

23. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Again you're ignoring the years the Right has had to come up with alternatives. Republicans have had control of congress for longer then 25 days too. I know those pesky facts tend to get in the way of a good whining for you guys. Hell even Trump campaigned on repealing Obamacare on day one but like many of his promises, that too turned out to be a dud. I guess it's hard to repeal it when you can't offer up an alternative yourself.

And tell me again about Obama still blaming Bush? The man isn't even in office, how exactly is he still blaming Bush?

24. Zombie Acorn thread starter macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

So if you don't come up with an alternative to a horrible idea that we implemented I'm blaming the whole thing on you. LOL