ObamaCare "keep your Dr" is removed from site.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Aug 24, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

http://www.weeklystandard.com/obama...sses-you-can-keep-your-doctor/article/2003956

Didn't make the main stream news. I guess it really doesn't matter at this point as the truth starts to come out.

Does anyone actually care are this point? The President of the United States makes a promise, now we see it's was all a lie and they don't even bother to help you keep your Dr.

It's not like it was going to work anyways, but it was cute that they were at least pretending to try to keep a promise, now they don't even want to try anymore.

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

3. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

The President can't control how for-profit insurance companies operate in an open market. This is not something that should have to be said, but it is @KarlJay we are talking to.

4. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I guess he didn't have advisors that could have told him that his signature statement used to reassure America would never work.

Either that, or it was John Gruber that understood that American's are too stupid to know what's going on.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

6. daflake macrumors 6502a

Just because you were able to does not mean that others have been able to. My mother had to switch doctors because her insurance wouldn't be accepted.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've had health insurance through my job for decades. Prices went up every year. We seem to change companies every 2 years. Never an issue with my doctor accepting any insurance, even the new plan I'm on that was created for 1/1/16 launch from a new provider.

8. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

The problem is that he doesn't give a rats tail about you. If it works for them, that's all that matters to them. That, in and of itself, isn't the problem. It's that mindset when it comes to "their" money that comes from your pocket to make things better.

It was a promise from the President of the US made to the people about something VERY personal, it was a LIE and they don't care. That's the way they roll.

<sorry about your mom not keeping her Dr, hope it works out well>

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

plans here go up every year as well, so we drop to the next on the low to keep the price affordable, higher out of pocket & per visit with less benefits every freaking year. sucks.

10. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Well that proves it. ObamaCare is officially a perfect system because @rdowns says it's working for him. Stop the presses, the argument is over... <case closed> nothing else to see... keep it moving... everyone else is wrong.

Glad we settled that.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

As expected, you post more ********. I've said it has its problems and needs some fixing but it's hardly the failure you dream about. I'm also a little concerned about your delusions that you seem to be slipping in to your posts. Either wake up or grow up, people in here, including you, post opinions, many of them informed. So please stop the childish, I'm right, you're wrong or similar tripe like the above post. And please, enough with the robots taking over and the coming civil war. It's embarrassing.

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

And lets look at the "Rest of the story" from 2013 :

ObamaCare has never been a perfect system. when it was first started the President even said it wasn't perfect but it was a good place to start.

I understand there are flaws. There are flaws in just about any piece of legislation that comes from BOTH sides in Washington .

13. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Not everyone is as lucky. Just because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it's an immutable truism of a tonka-tough law.

Never mind some doctors, out of retirement, ignorance, or other reasons, might quit - and in doing so may or may not point fingers at "Obamacare" for whatever reason (truth, misunderstanding, outright lie, or other possibilities)
    --- Post Merged, Aug 24, 2016 ---
    When it comes to saving lives, how slow or how fast becomes relevant in a pro-life society?

14. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Oh and the keep your doctor part was removed almost 3 years ago.

15. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

So what exactly was your point with your "it's working great for me" post? All the world isn't about you, can you not see the facts:

1. Obama promised the people something VERY important to them and he did it over and over again.
    2. the promise wasn't kept.
    3. ObamaCare if falling apart and Obama has NOTHING to say about it.
    4. the site has removed the "keep your Dr help part"
    5. Obama said nothing about it and it's not covered by the media.

Wake up? Me, ok...

I guess rules don't really matter... animalFram.jpg

For those that like to learn from the past.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

THIS was all democrat owned.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I don't recall seeing anything in the Constitution saying you are guaranteed the right to a doctor of your choice forever? Am I missing something?

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

thanks to Obama parts of the constitution are irrelevant.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Which parts?

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

the due process as he sees fit.

21. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not true.

22. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

yeah, the ACLU is lying :rolleyes:

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Obama is the most constitutional president ever. He's so constitutional, your head will spin. You haters are just jealous of his yuuuuge hands and poll numbers.

Many people are saying this.

24. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I don't recall seeing anything in the Constitution saying you would be forced to buy what ever the government tells you to buy.

25. samcraig macrumors P6

But you aren't. You can choose not to pay for healthcare. Then you are choosing to pay a fine instead. Sure it's between a rock and a hard place. But there is a choice. You can also choose not to pay the fine.