Obama's Approval Rating Drops To Lowest Point Ever (39%)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by palmerc2, Nov 13, 2013.

1. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

Looks like the approval rating of obama is dropping, down to 39% from 45% in early October. Is this surprising?

From Huffington Post.

Link: http://huff.to/1bsJ1fQ

2. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Not surprised at all. I'm sure the issues with Obamacare and him finally saying he broke his promise about keeping plans was going to hurt him. And he doesn't have the fall back of Congress screwing up to put blame on them.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not surprised. Everyone associated w/ govt has taken a hit since the shutdown. Add in Glitchghazigate, and it's hardly shocking to see his numbers go down.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

It's to be expected by this point. But, to be fair, every single president of the last 50 years has hit 39% at some point, even the oft-exalted Ronald Reagan.

[​IMG]

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Lol, Bush hit the low 20's, and was still worshipped by his disciples.

6. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

ftfy ;)

8. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I'm surprised even flaborgasted that it's as high as it is.

9. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

I mean ,why does that surprise you? He hasn't done nearly as bad a job as his predecessor.

10. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

11. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

12. G51989, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

So, when did Obama plunge us into 2 multi trillion dollar wars that did nothing but get American soldiers and innocent civilians killed?

And when Did Obama destroy Americans international reputation and give our loyal allies a big fat middle finger?

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well...

14. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

I don't see why people try to compare presidents. There is no possible way to tell what any president would do in the exact situation, for all we know Obama could have been 20x worse than Bush if he were president at the time.

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Obama continued the two wars, continued the tax breaks, continued the patriot act, continued spying on us... Speaking of innocent civilians, Drone party anyone?

16. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

When did any other president than Bho have so much debt, sic the irs on the opposition, run guns to Mexico and I don't remember W losing an ambassador!
    They both have plenty of crap in their portfolio I can't believe Bho has an approval this high, well I can because the press covers for him.

17. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

The IRS thing and the gun thing are absolutely manufactured. The person who did the IRS thing was a conservative worker who wanted to be able to quickly give the thumbs up to conservative causes. That's why none of them got denied.

And the gun thing isn't even close to how you put it. The problem is that due to local groups, the government wasn't able to track guns. These aren't guns they gave to them, just guns that they got other ways.

Also, it seems kind of weird to blame the President for the Benghazi thing when there was a lack of funding because ... conservatives pushed a bill that lowered their funding.

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

19. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

W as commander-in-chief did allow an attack in which lumbering airliners somehow managed to escape the whole of our air defense system and kill thousands. W's excuse was basically 'we couldn't predict the attack', in spite of Tom Clancy's novel that discusses in detail a plot in which a jet was flown into the Capitol. Clancy's novel was released in 1994....

20. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It was also the plot of the pilot episode of the lone gunmen tv show.

"While The Lone Gunmen are thwarted in their attempt to steal a computer chip by Yves Adele Harlow, John Fitzgerald Byers receives news of his father's death and the trio soon find themselves unravelling a government conspiracy in which an attempt to fly a commercial aircraft into the Twin Towers which would result in increased arms sales for the United States." (March 2001)

21. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Racism and George Bush. That's why it's so low.

22. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I doubt Obama cares. It isn't as if he can be re-elected for another term.

23. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

And how about the document that was titled "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike Inside the US"? :D

24. palmerc2 thread starter macrumors 65816

palmerc2

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/obamavsbush

I'm not in any way defending Bush, I just find it crazy so many folks defend obama as much as they do.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not defending Obama as I didn't agree with him but he ran on ending the war in Iraq and doing a surge in Afghanistan with an eye towards ending the war. He has done both.