Obama's Cancels Campaign Trail for Ill Grandmother

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 20, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Obama has Canceled his upcoming Campain Trail for the rest of the week due to obamas Grandmother being seriously ill he will go back to his home town to visit his Grandmother are hopes and Prayers go out to the obama Family.

From ap

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow.

I'm gonna be completely crass and say that I hope his absence from the campaign trail doesn't hurt him. (Yes, it's that important.)

And I hope McCain and Palin have the decency to stop slandering him while he's visiting his ill grandmother.

Wait, what am I saying...? :rolleyes:

3. jplan2008 macrumors regular

It's not the rest of the week -- as of now, it's part of Thursday and all of Friday. Still a lot of time with only 14 to go, though.

4. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Wow. I was just re-listening to Dreams of My Father. Hearing him talk about her, who they called "Tut" (short for TuTu, "grandmother" in Hawaiian), makes her illness that much more poignant to me. Biden's choked moment during the debate made his step-mother's recent illness and death also more touching. It's so sad that they're having such tragedy and hardship befall them during such a momentous time in their lives. Best wishes to them.

~ CB

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I too hope it doesn't have a negative effect on the campaign, but mostly I hope that she lives to see him elected.

Everything I've read and heard about her sounds like she's an accomplished and interesting woman in her own right, and adding her extraordinary influence on Obama to the mix makes her even more so.

I wish her the best.

6. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

Damn. I really hope she lives to see her son become president of the United States (if he wins, of course). It's all the more meaningful because she's the only one of her his six core family members (grandparents and his parents) still alive

7. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

it might be a situation where they know she only has a few days left so maybe that's why he knows exactly how long he will be off the trail.
    i think they will stop the attacks. both camps suspended attacks on 9/11 and i think mccain will do the same for this.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Hopefully you're right but I don't trust McCains campaign at all.

9. jplan2008 macrumors regular

McCain "suspended his campaign," and still ran ads, his surrogates still made appearances, etc. When Biden was off the trail for his mother-in-law's funeral, and Palin still attacked him (but maybe that was just her being out-of-it). I think that 10 days before the election, they're not going to stop the attacks.

10. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If Palin goes out and says Obama palls around with terrorist while he's at his grandmothers side I'm gonna puke.

what can they do ? Give condolences to a person they have almost called a terrorist?

Interesting time coming up.