Obama's ex-defense intel chief: “We are in a war … We are losing.” Do we want 4 more years of this?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DUCKofD3ATH, Jul 15, 2016.

1. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Retired LT. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Obama's Defense Intelligence Chief from 2012 to 2014, assesses where we're at with the War on Terror:

“We are in a war … We are losing.”​

“The enemy has more than doubled in capacity and capability and geographical footprint around the world,” said Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn in an interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation. “We’ve lost the strategic initiative in this war. And the enemy has the strategic initiative.”

Flynn told TheDCNF that ISIS, which has slaughtered thousands of Iraqi and Syrian Christians, Yazidis and Shia Muslims, now has momentum as it deploys 30,000 troops in Iraq and Syria.​

Flynn's new book, co-authored with historian Michael Ledeen, was released this week and is titled, “The Field of Flight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies.”

Flynn said he wrote the book, “because I felt so strongly that we are losing. We’re in a war.” The war is being lost, in his view, because of political correctness “that our government doesn’t even allow us to talk about.”

The book may well provide an advance look at a Trump administration’s defense and national security policies.

Flynn and Ledeen call for the destruction of the “jihadi armies,” a digital and mass media campaign to discredit the radical ideology and mounting “a direct challenge to the regimes that support our enemies,” including North Korea, Iran, Russia and Cuba.

They condemn Obama’s heavy reliance on drone strikes and tactical successes on the battlefield, saying it “makes us feel good.”

But such successes are illusory because, Flynn told TheDCNF, “we think attacking in Fallujah and routing them again — for the third or fourth time now — that makes us feel good. Or we kill some guy in Yemen with a drone and we feel good about that.”

The ISIS plan encompasses the world stage, not just parts of Iraq and Syria. When it has battlefield setbacks, “they counterattack in Orlando, San Bernadino, Brussels, Istanbul, Paris and in Brussels,” he said.

Flynn has been an outspoken critic of Obama’s refusal to use the term “radical Islam” in describing ISIS and other Islamic terrorist groups that target Americans and the country’s national interests around the globe. Defining the enemy is the essential first step in devising a strategy, Flynn said.

“The President says, ‘what difference does it make what you call the enemy.’ Are you kidding me? As an intelligence officer, I would never get away with that. I could never say, ‘well you know boss, I don’t label this enemy that we’re facing.'” Flynn was an intelligence officer for 33 years.

What is needed, Flynn told TheDCNF, is “an entirely new strategy, and intelligence must drive this. Good intelligence has to start with properly and clearly defining this enemy.” The new president has to use the term “radical Islam” within all military, intelligence and law enforcement agencies.

“Within the government, within the Department of Justice, the Department of Defense, you have practically eliminated any training or any use of the term ‘radical Islam.’ That’s what we’re facing,” he told TheDCNF.

Ledeen, in a separate interview with TheDCNF, said a new administration must also confront the “secular allies” of ISIS.​

“It’s not just radical Islam. It’s radical Islam, plus their radical, secular allies North Korea, Russia, China, Cuba. So we’re fighting a global alliance which is coming after us,” said Ledeen. “We should stand up for our own values and waging political war against them as we did against the communism and fascism in the last century.”

Ledeen has studied the mass movements behind fascism and communism and now has turned his attention to radical Islam.

The world has to face the very politically incorrect fact that “Muslim civilization is a failure. There were more books translated into Spanish in the last year than into Arabic in the last thousand years. You’re dealing with a failed culture.”
    What's certain is that Hillary will give us 4 more years of failure.

2. aaronvan, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Obama fired LTG Flynn. I can't imagine why.

Edit: hilarious Obama images removed in support of his excellent work in Turkey.

3. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

You can't call out China as an enemy.

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

So... the "books package" is more important than "the guns package"?

(as some were suggesting that President Obama had noted in his recent speech in Dallas).

Maybe we should be providing more funding to public schools in the USA, to help counteract the teachings of radical madrasas. We definitely need to teach people to think for themselves.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Why not? We're threatening them over their man-made islands in the South China Sea. That's not very nice.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What in the hell is wrong with you?

7. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

We will probably get four more years of war regardless of who is elected. Donald Trump has said he would like to see the current conflict and war crimes escalated.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

We're guaranteed war until the neocon ideology is pulled, stem and root, from all of our policy shaping platforms.

Neither Clinton nor Trump (not Bernie either) would do such a thing.

9. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

More of the sickening ideas I am taking about. You and others post this garbage on a daily basis, pull an Urkel when you are called out on it, then go back to posting racist garbage ten minutes later.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You mean you can't fight a war against ideology?

11. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

What, are those photographs fake? Photoshopped? Please provide a source that they are fake. Or is there some other reason you believe they should not be made public?

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You can't fight a war against a tactic.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2016 ---
    I never claimed they shouldn't be made public, care to show where I did?

If you're going to feign ignorance on your racist notion that Obama somehow agrees with terrorist attacks on the US save it, everyone here can see you exactly for what you are. So he wore a turban, who the **** cares? Does me putting on a firefighters jumpsuit make me a firefighter?

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Honest question....did you draw that up just now? If so, color me impressed.

15. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I can't say that I did. :(

16. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

....But, but, it's not politically correct to call them an "enemy", besides we need them to buy our debt.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That crude drawing is pretty much how the Islamic world views the United States. I guess a few more years of drone strikes will make them love us.

Hell, they already hold $US1,000,000,000,000.00 of our debt.

18. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

And calling in any significant portion of that debt would destroy their economy, and arguably the world economy. This is MAD at an economic level.

19. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

The "guns package" (if I understand your post) is more important because "If you would have peace, prepare for war." But we also have the "books package" aplenty.

What does your comment have to do with Islam being a failed civilization?

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Where is this Islam country you speak of?

21. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Exactly. Which is why we will never engage in a shooting war with China. It also makes trillion-dollar weapon systems like the F-35 unnecessary but that's a thread in and of it's own.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Holy crap, shut it down. We agree.

23. DUCKofD3ATH thread starter Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

We would just adopt a new currency just before sending them a check in the old currency. Sorry China, we don't take dollars anymore.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    We've converted to the Canadian Loonie.

25. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

It's more like $1.2 or $1.4 Trillion, but what's a few hundred billion between frenemies.

Besides, it's not how much of our debt they own, it's how much of our debt we need them to continue to buy. A major buyer like China stops buying our debt and interest rates go up, most of our debt is short term debt, a rise in interest rates of just 2% will cost us $400 Billion or more in interest payments alone, a year.

Well, they can't really "call" our debt, they can stop buying it, and unload what they have onto the market, all at the same time and that would hurt, but it would hurt them too, because we send them so much money in "Trade". If our economy tanks, their economy tanks. We can buy the debt they dump on the market, by opening the books at the Fed, they won't be able to sell their excess goods after we slap them with a huge trade tariff.