Obama's Green-Jobs Czar - Marxist Communist Black Nationalist Former Convict

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Aug 25, 2009.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=123065508667&comments

Glenn Beck had an expose on Van Jones, President Obama's Green Jobs Czar last night on his program. Regardless of what you think of Beck, I think the fact that he's the only one talking about Mr. Jones is crazy. Can you imagine Bush hiring someone like this as a Czar and not having the mainstream media cover it tirelessly? This is ridiculous.

Why would Obama hire someone like this? This man is seriously advising the President of the United States? How much power does he have as a Czar?

Even if you don't have any problem with this guy's views, you have to admit that it's pretty crazy that this hasn't been covered in the mainstream media. And the White House's response to the report? Avoidance. (see the last few seconds of the video)

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

If Beck is against this guy, I already like him.

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I have no idea who he is, but he doesn't exactly sound awful.

What's the problem again? :confused:

4. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

:D

I'm surprised he didn't label him a Marxist Nazi! :eek:

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

He's not a Republican.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

ooohhhhhh!

Seriously though, from skimming the wiki article about him, I don't understand what the big problem is and why anyone would be crazy to hire him?

What am I missing? What are you scared of fivepoint?

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

He's an environmentalist and a civil rights activist. Basically he's the Devil incarnate to the rightwing wackos who think that their President is a Communist Nazi and that the NHS is some "evil" "Orwellian" entity that eats babies! :eek:

8. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Competence? Humanitarianism?

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Say no more.

This menace must be stopped!

10. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This is the best reply :)!

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yes, when Beck launches one of his crazy paranoid tinfoil hat tantrums against you, you know you've done something right.

12. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I see you guys didn't even bother to watch the video, which is what this thread is about. Watch the video, answer the questions in the original post. Your one sentence replies simply brushing the issue aside are very telling of your political blinders and unwillingness to criticize anyone just because they are in your same party or share some of your own views.

Do you have a problem with Obama appointing a former Marxist/Communist Convict to be a direct advisor, or not? Do you have a problem with not hearing about it in the news until now?

13. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

He sounds experienced. No horse judging though :(

14. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I love the inability of some individuals in this forum to talk about the actual issue, and instead simplify the argument into personal attacks or dismissal of the issue depending on the messenger.

How about discussing the actual merits of the question? How about actually discussing the points Beck made in his post? I used to expect more from this crowd's ability to talk about the issues and not stoop to such childish forms of debate.

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I can't seem to get the video to work, so you'll have to excuse me.

Can I assume it's this Glenn fella spouting stuff about what an evil man this Van chap is? Does he have anything to back this up? Again, going from the wiki page on Van he seems to be fairly "good".

Glenn Beck (again, I have no idea who this is, but anyway)...
    What the crap?

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I don't think you quite realise how you bring these things on yourself, though I'm sure you'll disagree.

Anyway, carry on...

17. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I can't watch Beck without thinking of Charlie Brooker's review of Fox News. I lasted until the New Republic graphic before I started chuckling. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

18. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Okay, well you got me there, I didn't watch the video but only because it didn't load for some reason. (maybe my flash needs an upgrade) Do you have another source for it?

As for political blinders, I don't think that's any more true than perhaps conservatives looking to criticize anything and everything that isn't directly in line with "their side". That's just how people roll sometimes. I'm content to be critical when its due. I'm not convinced in this case. (but then I didn't see this seemingly devastating video)

19. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

-Van Jones

Yep, sounds like a great candidate for advisor to the President of the United States. Top Notch.

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Holy crap, you guys are just all about trying to stew up old, and by old i mean OLD, fears arent you?

I don't have a problem with a former communist doing anything in this country? Why? Because I'm not an irrationally fearful person who is afraid of everyone with differing views. Do you think even if there was one communist at high ranks it would make much of a difference? We can't even get healthcare to change in this country, do you think somehow we are going to become a communist country from one person?

So is it that he's black or that he was a communist that scares you so much? :rolleyes:

oh yea, BOO!, i bet that made you jump right out of your seat too.

Man the way fear appeals to the people is just ridiculous.

21. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

If you want to start a thread about Glenn Beck, I'd be glad to participate, but the intention of this thread is not to debate him but rather the video he made and the message he's putting forth regarding Mr. Van Jones. Please do not facilitate the hijacking of this topic.

22. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Perhaps taken out of context? I know I've done some things and talked about them in ways that could be taken out of context to make me appear to be something I am not today.

23. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Uh, just because you start the thread does not mean you get to guide where the discussion goes. You introduced the Beck element so any of us are free to comment on whatever we want here, its all on topic.

Edit: To iBlue, what?!?! you'd really think a republican would take something out of context and use it to scare the base???? Naaaaaaaaa

24. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

And boom... I was just accused of being a racist. High class, guys. high class. I've got to say... I'm very disappointed, although not completely surprised.