Obama's has the 'Touch of Death'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, May 19, 2010.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

[oops, not sure what happened with the headline there]
    Well the big guy is at least 0-4... will anyone want President Obama's help after this?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

haha, I wondered what narrative the media were pull out of a successful night for the dems…. and here it is! fivepoint, I congratulate you on your predictability.

538 had a good article about Tuesday.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It really has just become comedy at this point, hasn't it? :)

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Comedy Gold (with apologies to rdowns for stealing his line ;))

5. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Ah yes, the conservative bias partisans at the AP! How can we forgive them!!?!
    Let's just again attempt to ignore the facts, ignore the information, don't refute anything, and just lob meaningless red herrings until everyone forgets what happened! ;) You guys are so transparent!

Anyway, your favorite liberal news source also picked up the story:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/19/obamas-endorsements-fail_n_581497.html

Admit it or not, Obama's brand is quickly diminishing in this country. Fiscal conservatives, constitutionalists, tea party candidates, and non-establishment candidates will be the biggest beneficiaries.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Obama barely campaigned for Lincoln and Specter. He endorsed them, but that's right about where it ended. Politicians, especially presidents, try to stay out of their party's primary races because they don't want to burn any bridges if the candidate they didn't campaign for wins.

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Ignoring the facts? You didn't highlight the following sentences "In fairness, Deeds was an underdog from the start, and Corzine brought many problems on himself...Unlike the Corzine, Deeds and Coakley races, Obama made no late-campaign appearances for Specter."

Did Obama help these candidates? Doesn't look like it, but they were doomed anyway.

wat. You are missing the obvious here (intentionally, no doubt).

PA-12: This district went for McCain in 2008, the polls had it pretty much neck and neck and the Dem won by 8-points. I thought Real Americans™ hated Democrats and wanted them out? Critz' win makes for seven straight Democratic victories in House special elections

Pennsylvania -- Democratic Senate primary: The Democrat, who matchs up better with Toomey won. Stestak: "I want to be a strong ally of him [Obama], one of the strongest allies"

Kentucky -- Republican Senate primary: The candidate picked by the national republicans lost.

Kentucky -- Democratic Senate primary: Again the more competitive candidate won.

Arkansas -- Democratic Senate primary: The conservative middle of the road candidate who has rallied against Obama's policies and liberals is headed to a run off with a far more progressive candidate… in Arkansas!

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- we weren't ignoring anything. Some threads are so ridiculous, they don't deserve serious replies. This is one of them.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Why has OP been allowed to troll for so long? Itd be nice if he at least put his own thoughts down but instead he starts a thread with inflammatory titles, posts someone elses story, makes a snide comment or two about liberals, then repeats the process a few days or weeks later.

WTF.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

The OP has been trolling here a lot longer than you have been trolling here. Cut him some slack will ya? :)

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I actually stick to the conversations, fivepoint just posts and runs after stirring up controversy.

Back on topic, anti incumbent fever has finally hit America. Hopefully we can actually get **** done now.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fair use. :)

13. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Haha, ok, I guess we're both leaving out a few of the facts!

You mean the 12th district... where Republicans are outnumbered 2:1 by Democrats? Really? The story here I guess should be how close this race was! The very fact that it was in contention with a 2:1 population advantage!

This election proves nothing other than the voters were left with bad choice incumbent vs. worse choice incumbent flip-flopper supported by the POTUS.

Exactly, and the far more convservative/libertarian leaning candidate, son of Tea Party foundation Ron Paul won! Like I said before... "Fiscal conservatives, constitutionalists, tea party candidates, and non-establishment candidates will be the biggest beneficiaries."

A runoff that no one ever thought would happen. The "conservative democrat" was a massive underdog against all odds came out of no where.

People can spin specific elections in certain ways to fit their perspective, but you can't spin all of them at once, along with all of the elections Obama had his fingers in a few months ago. The trend here is that the big-goverment liberals are in big trouble and there's BIG CHANGE coming to Washington. Certainly even the most biased and blinded individual can see that?

14. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Huh? All the polls has Blanche Lincoln in the higher 40s with Halter in the low 40s. At no point in any poll was Halter ever ahead of Lincoln. The most recent poll, taken last week had it at 46/37 in favor of Lincoln. They both ended up in the low 40s.

You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not entitled to your own facts.

And Ru Paul is about as nutty as his dad, so here's to helping he gets his ass handed to him in November.

15. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

I for one am disappointed at the utter lack of Kung Fu in this thread.

16. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I think one thing is apparent from all this crap: Americans are tired of politicians.

17. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

*posts about politicians on the internet every day*

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I was hoping it was going to be that kind of funny too. :)

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I was hoping Obama had learned the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique from the ghost of Pai Mei.

20. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Pai Lin learned the Half Term Exploding Deficit Techinique.

21. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Even Kung Fu behind you is not enough to get you elected. Look at Huckabee.

22. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's because he was backed by the inferior martial art, Karate.

23. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

We won't say who was behind Obama's win.

Attached Files:

24. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I always knew Obama played a Black/Red/Blue deck.

[​IMG]

25. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Obama is not Grixis. Maybe more like this guy.

[​IMG]

P.S. Good to know I'm not the only MtG nerd around here.