Obama's Job Approval Drops 7 Points in 3 Days

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by glocke12, Oct 27, 2012.

1. glocke12, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012

glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

and it is currently at approximately 47%...what was it Mitt Romney said about 47% ???

p: Obama's Job Approval Drops 7 Points in 3 Days
    By Terence P. Jeffrey
    October 27, 2012

(CNSNews.com) - In the most precipitous decline it has seen in more than a year, President Barack Obama's job approval rating has dropped 7 points in three days, according to Gallup.

In the three-day period ending on Oct. 23, says Gallup, 53 percent said they approved of the job Obama was doing and 42 percent said they did not.

On Oct. 24, that dropped to 51 percent who said they approved and 44 percent who said they do not.

On Oct. 25, it dropped again to 48 percent who said they approved and 47 percent who said they do not.

On Oct. 26, it dropped yet again to 46 percent who said they approved and 49 percent who said they did not.

In May 2011, Obama's approval dropped 7 points in four days, sliding from 53 percent on May 24 to 46 percent on May 28.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gallup-obamas-job-approval-drops-7-points-3-days

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

3. APlotdevice, Oct 27, 2012

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

[​IMG]
    Somehow I don't think Republicans ever approved of Obama.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

5. Thomas Veil, Oct 27, 2012

Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Another right-wing website? I wonder what glocke would say if we started linking only to Huffpo and DailyKos?

So exactly what did Obama manage to do in only three days that precipitated this drop? :rolleyes:

Edit: That's it?? A routine statistical variation??

That's desperate.

6. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Im on vacation, lots of free time.... :D

7. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

With the exception of Idaho, they are all closer to the Equator, so a darker skin should present less of a problem.

Or perhaps they are still stinging over that damn Emancipation Acclimation?

:rolleyes:

From reality??

8. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

I am not the one with a reality problem. Maybe you guys should ask yourselves why he has had such a sharp drop in such a short period of time.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Looking at the Gallup chart indicates that it's been flat for about 2.5 years.

10. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The Right News, Right Now. Too bad it's the WRONG info.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I wonder the same thing now that GDP has grown stronger than expected.

Perhaps its the relentless misinformation and outright refusal to let Benghazi leave the airtime for more than 2 minutes on a certain channel.....
    ;)

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

We asked you first.

In other news, DWTS's ratings dropped seven points lower than the previous week, so ABC immediately cancelled it. ;)

13. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Benghazi? Was that the guy in The Big Lebowski, the one who gave The Dude a mickey?

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I must say- you have disappointed me the most recently. You will do and say anything to justify voting for Romney. First it was, "Obama is gonna take my guns away!" when there is NO indication that is the case.

Now, you link to far right website that basically lies to you. But you'd rather believe a lie. Why is that?

I'm honestly asking you. What could Romney do to lose your vote? How big would the lie have to be?

I suspect that no matter what lie the right old you, you'd vote for him anyway. That is truly sad.

15. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

Same is true for many Democrats. They'd vote Obama even if he ate babies for breakfast.

I don't really see the point of pointing out that some people are VERY much fixed in their view / opinion. Unless, of course, you are Cpt. Obvious.

And before you accuse me of being a Romney supporter, FYI, I voted for neither of these two clowns.

-t

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Sorry- not true. If Obama ate babies for breakfast, he would lose my vote. He would also lose it if he advocated taking away my fellow citizens' civil rights. But he's not doing either of those things, is he?

Romney is doing one of those though.

So, I've stated what would make me not vote for Obama. Now I want to know what it would take for people not to vote for Romney.

17. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Perhaps you could utilise your leisure hours in greasing your arms collection rather than slithering and sliding out from under a pile of destroyed argument.

KGB:cool:

18. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

No, what is truly sad is that you will not get an answer from him. Look, Obama is FAR from perfect, but I dont know how anyone could vote for Romney. I havent been up to the minute with information because Im overseas, but just listening to Romney speak makes me shake my head. And judging by the debates, especially the last one, I dont know how you can make a bigger case for Romney, over Obama.

19. redshift1 macrumors regular

Oh you mean the Benghazi/Rasmussen network, on my cable it used to be Fox News. By next weekend they will have conclusive footage depicting a throbe clad president Obama leading the terrorist assault on the consulate while ostensibly attending an islamic retreat in Libya.

20. leekohler, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course I won't get an answer. It amazes me that anyone could vote for Romney too. I find it shocking. But that is where we are in the US right now. People still will listen to any lie the right tells them- even that Obama intends to take their guns away.

What those people keep missing is this- the right wants to transfer as much wealth as they can to the top 1%. The goal is not money, but power. They'll do it anyway they can, by telling people that their fellow citizens are the boogeyman and deserve fewer rights for one. Sadly, this seems to still work to an extent. All they need to do is win this election, then they can stack the court against anyone who gets in their way. Romney has already signed a pledge to do just that. But yet, many people choose to ignore that fact.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/08/04/romney-signs-anti-gay-marriage-pledge-pawlenty-doesnt/

This is vile. How anyone could vote for someone like this is quite simply disgusting. There is no excuse for it. But yet, this is a person who many people feel will be good for the country. Wow. I have no words.

21. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

How does the website lie? All they are doing is reporting on what the Gallup poll shows, which is a clear drop in his approval rating. 7 point is quite large, and is more than likely not a "statistical variation" as someone else pointed out.

It's also not all about the second amendment issues for me (even though Obama as recently as this month has talked about reintroducing an AWB and possible further restrictions on handguns). I simply just do not see what he has done to deserve re-election.

Unemployment is still incredibly high, if you count the number of people who have stopped looking for work the numbers are in the double digits, there are more and more people that are getting public assistance (again an indication that there is a continuing problem with the economy), the DOE under his watch has wasted millions/billions of taxpayer dollars on "green" energy companies that have failed, the list goes on.

I've admitted here before that Romney is not a perfect candidate and I have several issues with him, but it is my belief he can do a better job of fixing things than Obama has.

22. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Look at all the numbers:
    http://www.gallup.com/viz/v1/csv/83...2871/POLLFLEXCHARTVIZ/OBAMAJOBAPPR113980.aspx

This fits perfectly within the normal fluctuation since late 2009.

23. The.316, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012

The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I wanted to post something in regards to that second quote you posted leek, but its not worth it. Its not getting worked up over so much ignorance, because nothing will change their minds. These people were brought up close minded, with tunnel vision in regards to certain topics, and its sickening. The man showed no respect to the president of the United States of America during those debates, what makes you think that he is going to respect people beneath him.

The problem isnt Obama or Romney, its this whole idea of government. These elected officials are suppose to help support the people, but instead, they support businessmen, and care about nothing more than money. How many billions do businesses like AT&T, Verizon, GE etc. save with these tax breaks they receive from government? Last year Boeing made over $5 billion, and they received a tax refund of over $600 million, because of tax credits. Bank of America's CEO made over $8 million, while 20,000+ employees lost their job with the banking firm. Look at Verizon:

Despite earning $32.5 billion in profits from 2008-10, Verizon got so much in tax subsidies that they wound up with a net tax refund of $951 million. That works out to a tax rate of negative 2.9%. In effect, every Verizon phone customer paid more in federal telephone excise taxes than Verizon paid in federal income taxes.

Its ridiculous. The government could care less about us middle-class people. All this money that is being stollen by these multi-billion dollar corporations can go to citizens receiving better healthcare, or create new jobs, or countless amount of things that can help the everyday citizen. How come other countries can give free health care, or have one flat rate for medicine, but we cant? Its sad that these people go out and ask for their support, they ask for our vote, but turn their backs on us once it really matters to US, not them.

24. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Are the only valid polls the ones that show Obama behind?

25. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I understand what u r saying...but honestly, I don't think any poll is valid. Really, how can these things change so much in just days? Who is that fickle? Part of my job is to watch a news network all day and all they do is report on this poll and that poll. It's constant and always changing. I just don't believe them, I bet half the people who get polled are just lying to **** around with the pollsters just like we did in school. How many of you have tried drugs? We'd all raise our hands. #