Obama's Latest Desperate P.R. Gambit: Body Counts

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jun 9, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Where is this generation's Walter Cronkite?

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

journalism is long dead. all you have are advocacy groups.

4. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Just so we know: What should the administration do about ISIS? Should we:

1) Reinvade Iraq/Syria with a major military ground force?

2) Do nothing, and simply let what is left of the Iraqi Government collapse; essentially ceding control of the region to ISIS?

3) Continue doing what we have been doing: Providing limited training, weapons, and air support to the Iraqi Government - conditioning this support on inclusion of Iraqi Sunni's in the decision-making process.

Because, out of the three Option 3 sounds best to me. Maybe you (and the geniuses who regularly appear on Fox News) have a "Secret Plan" for dealing with ISIS?

Maybe you need to go back and explain how keeping a hundred thousand US service people inside Iraq; incurring 50-100 casualties a month in perpetuity would have been a better idea.

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how about we just completely leave the M-E?

6. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

No because we (the west) has spent the last 80 years breaking it. We need to unF our mess as best as possible.

7. Happybunny macrumors 68000

All joking aside, the ME is the Wests problem and particularly that of the USA.

IMO Up until 2003 the situation in the Middle East was fixable, not an easy task but just about do-able.

After the cluster**** of the 2003 invasion, well it’s not just broken it’s **** beyond repair.

If the US runs away now, what kind of message are you sending to the people of the Ukraine, or Vietnam, S Korea, Philippines, if it gets to difficult the US will turn tail and run.

8. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I'll take door #2. The Iraqis are big boys; they fought a grinding eight-year war against Iran. Once they finally realize it's their fight, they'll step up. Or not. In any case, let them make their own history.

However, I don't know how any of this illuminates Obama's bizarre Vietnam-era body counts.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the is no way to unF it. no way at all.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

so? there is no way to fix that mess, GTFO , it will sort itself out like vietnam did.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

But we have to try and it’s going to be expensive and it’s going to cost more good men their lives. We’ll get nothing in return other than our reputation and the enhanced probability of not going back. Simply put we need to be an honorable nation and right our wrongs to the best of our ability.

12. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Eventually, ISIS will down a U.S. fighter. The American public's reaction to an American(s) service member's videotaped torture and execution will be very ugly and the resulting conflagration will be terrible to behold.

13. Happybunny macrumors 68000

That might seem like the best choice, but who will ever trust the US again.

Your allies and enemies are watching, turning your back now, will only see a ISIS state grow.
    Sooner rather than later Pakistan will fall then you have ISIS with atomic bombs.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

we have been "trying" for decades and we are only making a bigger mess, it is THEIR country, let THEM rule it as THEY see fit, they don't hate us for our "freedom", they hate us because we bomb the crap out of them & prop up their dictators until we want a new dictator in place to rule THEM.
    our "reputation" could not be any worse right now.

15. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

who the hell trust us NOW? I don't care if ISIS gets atomic bombs, NK has them, Russia has them, China has them, Israel has them, SO?

16. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Which is why it needs repaired. The Iraqi government is not going to defeat ISIS if they gain control and consolidate in Iraq most of that area of the ME will fall. Once ISIS implements it’s caliphate it will further destabilize the ME because the population will be torn between what the caliphate dictates and what their respective governments dictate.

17. Happybunny macrumors 68000

If it was so easy for the US government to just turn tail and pull out, don't you think they would have done it by now?

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

who cares? ISIS exist because WE keep messing with their way of life, leave them the F alone & let them sort out their own affairs. things used to be better for them before we decided who THEIR leaders should be.

19. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I think that ISIS would use them.:(

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

there are billions of dollars at stake, at the expense of the American tax payer & American soldier, you know expendables ...............

21. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I agree they need to decide and ISIS will prevent them from making the decision.

22. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Well the US was warned by President Eisenhower, about the growth of the Industrial Military Complex.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

you ASSUME they will let ISIS rule, ISIS exist because we don't G.T.F.O and ISIS happens to be the ones trying to push us out.
    why the hell did we get involved with Libya? who got control of Libya after we helped the rebels there? the Muslim brotherhood, great step back in time for womens rights there.

we are arming the rebels to take on Syria, WHY? ISIS is not the problem, the U.S is.

24. Happybunny macrumors 68000

IMO you can rant on this forum, but you must know that the US is NOT going to pull out of the ME.

25. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

only tow guys are talking about ending this mess.
    Rand Paul
    Bernie Sanders.