Obamas likeness is now at the Jersey shore

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by glocke12, Aug 9, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...l-Game-Pops-Up-at-Jersey-Shore-100284814.html

Heres another one...

"The maker of the first controversial game denied it was made with Mr. Obama in mind -- even though the figure featured a mock presidential seal belt buckle and health care bill. But this Jersey version makes no qualms about it. The game's backdrop even has his name painted on it.
    One player yells "F--- you Obama" as he releases his pitch at Obama's likeness. He doesn't hit the plate, but does get the prez right in the kisser -- earning him the most treasured prize in the shore town -- a beer bong!"

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I guess any black guy in a suit is Obama now. Oh, America.

Could be blackface.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

So you're saying that using something like blackface.. something racially motivated, relative to both Jim Crow and Segregation, is 'at least' better than a game making a target out of a black person, let alone the POTUS?!?

That mindset is just as ignorant as those who put this 'game' as well as the other one together. :mad:

BL.

4. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I don't like racism. I don't like hate to be based on prejudice and stereotypes. I prefer to hate someone based on their actions (being a racist, a murderer, rapist, an as hole, etc.)

The image on the NBC article reminded me of blackface- how most aspects of blacks at the time were exaggerated mostly to make them seem undignified and subhuman. This entertainment, fueled by racism, does not seem that much different from what I see in Obama-look-a-like target, so I "exaggerated" the article. I made a sardonic comment - both to undermine the article and show that things could be worse (such as if that Obama was painted like The Joker) then people living their dream of hitting a caricature Obama in the face.

GWBush was made to look like a monkey and stupider than a caveman time and time again; but from my observation of news outlets we can't seem to treat Obama the same or we are attacked and called racist and un-American.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I watched the first episode of the Jersey Shore the other night- I felt like my brain was getting sucked out of my ears. What a bunch of idiots.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

I hate to point out the obvious, but President Bush kind of looked like a monkey. That cartoon of him is appropriate, and one that highlights his resemblance to a specific animal (especially when there are no racial undertones). Oh, and he kind of made himself look stupider than a caveman, it didn't take the media to do that.

Does President Obama look like some animal that people can't use when making cartoon likenesses? If so, do you have to be careful not to insult an entire group of people?

If you draw a cartoon of the President as a withdoctor with a bone in his nose, you aren't really attacking the president, or making fun of him because of how he looks, other than he's black. That makes those types of things racist.

On the other hand, GWB looked like a monkey, and I can't imagine anyone arguing that those cartoon versions of him were motivated by his race.

7. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Obama's black?!? :eek: I hadn't noticed.

I thought the "joke" behind that picture had to do with his health care proposal - you know, witch doctor, healer, that whole thing?

I guess you see something racist in it if that's what you're looking for. *shrug*

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

Nothing racist with this either. They're just saying he planted some watermelons on the White House lawn! :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Uh yeah, it's not just some black guy in a suit, it says "OBAMA" on the back wall.
    [​IMG]

And what's up with the Red Sox player? Is that V-Mart?

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Criminey, so now the Jersey shore area has two things to be ashamed of: that TV show, and this. :rolleyes:

Maybe three, if you count the website in the OP's link.

11. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Terrible, terrible...

This is MUCH worse than a Nobel Peace Prize winner telling a group of kids that she would have a hard time not KILLING the president.

Much, much, much worse.

:rolleyes:

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Two wrongs don't make a right...