Obamas NASA’s New Top Priority: Helping Muslims!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Full of Win, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Full of Win macrumors 68030

Full of Win

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/07/05/nasas-spaced-out-mission-no-longer-includes-space/

Here is the Obama installed administrator admitting to this, at about 1:10 – 1:30 on the YouTube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e857ZcuIfnI

This is the Obama way! This is why we are hitching rides on Russian rockets and mothballing future heavy lift capacity, because Obama is giving NASA stupid and illogical missions, like Muslim Outreach, as top priorities. As they say, elections have consequences. This is one, our premiere technology advancement program has been reduced to this. Personally, this is very sad, having grown up on Merritt Island, to see NASA given ‘Muslim Outreach’ as a top priority. A sad time to be alive :(

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Have you thought of maybe changing your name to Full of Hate or something?

I actually like the current NASA mission of coming up with new propulsion systems instead of continuing to prop up the insanely expensive rockets we've been using for decades now.

Now, I know you don't care about the actual goings on in the program, but are here instead just to start a culture war thread with cherry picked non issues. Congrats, let me know how it works out for you.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And the problem with helping Muslims is......?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Culture wars are lame and really rather pathetic. They are destroying the US.

5. Full of Win thread starter macrumors 68030

Full of Win

To make it a top priority is a problem, because its not NASA's job. NASA is about many things, none of which includes Muslim outreach, as a top priority. This type of job would be better suited to the State Department.

That is what NASA is about, coming up with new science technology. However, to give it the 'top priority' of Muslim outreach, dilutes its focus, and is damaging to the program.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm pretty sure you're not actually in charge of NASA....

7. Full of Win thread starter macrumors 68030

Full of Win

Did I say I was?

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

LOL... Too funny. If you can post crap from Ed Morrisey and call it fact, then I get to use Michael Moore, right?

And of course, accusing the Israeli military of having killed innocent people is too inflammatory a thread title for this forum, but this is just fine, yes?

Glad we've got those ground rules sorted out.

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

You seemed to have no problem telling us what the point of NASA is. My understanding is that it is a government agency that does whatever who is in charge tells them to do.

10. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

I agree, there is absolutely, positively nothing wrong with the $17.6 billion-annual budgeted National Aeronautics and Space Administration setting, as one of its top three priorities, to "reach out to the Muslim world." To call this into question is nothing short of culture war bating, and no debate on the issue should ensue.

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you watch the video its clear that what he's saying is that he wants the muslim world to engage with their history of great contributions to maths and science and to work with NASA more to help them do more.

Now saying its the top priority is probably an overstatement, but he is speaking on Al Jazeera.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Frankly, at this part in our history, building GOOD lasting relations with the middle east can only be a good thing.

13. Full of Win thread starter macrumors 68030

Full of Win

The YouTube video is pretty clear on it. The quote was

He said this came from Obama, which is why the title has "Obamas NASA" in it

He said "foremost", which in dictionary.app means "the most prominent in rank, importance, or position" therefore I used the word 'top'.

How is that inflammatory? Its not.

14. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Just gonna ignore "perhaps" ? You seem pretty set at getting at a certain conclusion. How bout you tell us how you really feel? ;):rolleyes:

15. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Absolutely disgusting!

And people wonder why Obama is ruining the USA and turning it into a dump?

So the goal of NASA is apparently not space missions anymore, it's helping Muslims! What the hell do Muslims have to do with space and NASA?

NASA should be temporarily shut down, until Obama the incompetent is gone. This would minimize the damage created by Obama and his betrayal of the American people.

17. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

LOL... Really? THIS is your evidence that Obama really is the secret Muslim you warned us he was?

It's funny to watch conservatives freak out about cuts in government spending that they don't like. Elections do have consequences. If McCain had won, there would be cuts made in government that I didn't agree with. Put on your big boy underwear, and deal with it.

18. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

:rolleyes:

19. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

20. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

So, you want them to stop all the progress they're making with their new funding and programs, ones that if successful will propel the USA to the front of the pack in deep(er) space exploration, and just stop working because you dislike our president trying to make the world a more peaceful place.

Can I ask: In what world is that anything but ignorant, hateful, and just plain misguided?

21. Full of Win thread starter macrumors 68030

Full of Win

I don't recall saying this.

Yes elections do have consequences, and this is just highlighting one of those consequences. We intend to 'deal with it' by showing people the consequences, like this Muslim outreach mission for NASA. Florida is a massive electoral prize and a swing state, and telling people about it will help us 'deal with it' in November 2010 and 2012.

Obama won Florida by 2.3%. A shift of 1.3% from the Democrats to the Republicans would remove it from his win column in 2012.

Obama is not making the world a more peaceful place. He is making it far more dangerous, due to his enormous ignorance, his naive, foolish liberal thinking, and his lack of any real world experience. Obama is an extremist ideologue and is bad news for most Americans.

23. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You don't have to. That's the beauty of dogwhistle politics.

Soo... just curious here, but can you point me to any particular program of NASA's that has Muslim outreach as it's primary purpose?

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I can throw a bunch of partisan buzzwords into my posts too. The difference? I'm not afraid of meaningless dribble.

Can you be specific about how reaching out to the Muslim world is going to cause problems for NASA's space related innovations? Better yet, do you even know anything about what is currently being worked on at NASA?