Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CmoranRVA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
I received my ATT iPhone 5 on launch day and immediately experienced the issues with WPA WIFI and the HSPA+ dropping to EDGE, then dropping to no signal. Exchanged it once. Same problems. Reset network settings - no help. Clean install - no help. New SIM card, no help.

Got a second replacement, clean install...no problems for two days. Was playing with my settings, realized LTE was still "on" (my area doesn't have LTE). Not immediately making the connection, I turned it off. Several hours later, WIFI issues. Next day, cellular network issues. Lightbulb suddenly came on.

Turned LTE back on, and have no experienced WIFI or network issues for two days. Battery is also lasting MUCH longer. Coincidence? Sure, that's a possibility. I haven't done any serious testing of this theory, but it seems to work for me. If you're experiencing similar problems maybe it will work for you too.

CmoranRVA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
**UPDATE** ... Weird issue today, signal dropped to showing no bars and not indicating which network I was on (HSPA+, EDGE), but Speedtest still confirmed download speeds of 2mbps+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.