Observer: Class Action Lawsuit Against Debbie Wasserman Schultz Moves Forward

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Jess13, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Class Action Lawsuit Against Debbie Wasserman Schultz Moves Forward

http://observer.com/2016/08/class-action-lawsuit-against-debbie-wasserman-schultz-moves-forward/

In June, the hacker Guccifer 2.0 released internal Democratic National Committee (DNC) documents proving the DNC treated Hillary Clinton as their nominee before the primaries even began. Not long after these revelations came to light, the law firm Beck & Lee filed a class action lawsuit against now-former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC on behalf of Bernie Sanders supporters.

The suit includes six claims: fraud, negligent misrepresentation, deceptive conduct, monetary restitution for donors of Sanders, the DNC breaking its own fiduciary duties, and negligence for failing to protect sensitive donor information that was hacked. Beck & Lee noted the lawsuit was a way to give a voice to Sanders supporters who were silenced by the rigging of the primaries for Clinton. Attorneys Jared Beck, a Harvard Law graduate, and Elizabeth Beck, a Yale Law School graduate, have previously filed successful lawsuits against Yelp, Unilever, Korea Airlines, and fraudulent real estate investors.

The July WikiLeaks release provided further evidence that the DNC actively worked against Sanders, yet the Vermont senator’s supporters have received no recompense. The damage control used to divert from the content of these emails portrayed criticism of Clinton as a Russian conspiracy. While the mainstream media has devolved into an apparatus to funnel messaging and talking points directly from the DNC and Clinton campaign, the litigation for this class action lawsuit has been moving forward.

On August 23, an evidentiary hearing will be held in South Florida and both parties involved in the suit will have to present evidence to support their positions. The hearing was issued by the presiding judge in response to the DNC and Wasserman Schultz’s motion to dismiss the lawsuit, and a separate motion to buy themselves more time until September 9. “Insufficient service of process” was cited, alleging process server Shawn Lucas failed to properly serve the DNC. Lucas was filmed serving the lawsuit to the DNC headquarters in July, but was unable to provide testimony to combat the testimony of DNC staff member Rebecca Herries. Lucas was found dead on August 2 in his apartment. A cause of death has not yet been determined. [NOTE: KILLED BY TEAM HILLARY]

“I am employed at the Democratic National Committee (the ‘DNC’) as a special assistant to the CEO, Amy Dacey. I do not work for DNC Chairperson Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and I am not authorized to accept service of process for the DNC, Ms. Dacey, or for Congresswoman Schultz, neither in her capacity as DNC Chairperson nor in her capacity as Congresswoman,” said Herries in her testimony. Dacey formally resigned in the wake of the WikiLeaks release due to evidence of her overt favoritism for Clinton being revealed in several of the uncovered emails. Beck & Lee refuted Herries’ claims in court, at which point the evidentiary hearing was set.

The Court notes that dismissal is not appropriate at this stage of the proceedings. Accordingly, the Court construes Defendants’ Motion to Quash Service Of Process,” ruled the court on August 9. The defense—the DNC lawyers—replied in support of quashing the service of process. If they’re successful, the summons would have to be reissued, therefore prolonging the suit. Included in the defense team for the DNC is attorney Marc Elias, who was included in DNC emails released by Wikileaks in July. There, Elias was shown providing advice to DNC staff on how to cover up the money laundering scheme of the Hillary Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee between the DNC and the Clinton campaign. Elias also serves as the general counsel for the Clinton campaign.

The ongoing lawsuit against the DNC and Wasserman Schultz is one of several efforts being made to challenge the impunity of the Clintons and the Democratic Party they control. One of the greatest accomplishments of Sanders’ campaign was to mobilize millions of disenfranchised voters. Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein’s candidacy now serves as a progressive voice to organize support to the left of Clinton.

The ongoing releases from WikiLeaks injects the transparency vital for democracy into a political party which obstructs it. Although many on the progressive left have drifted toward apathy instead of hope for any meaningful reform, this lawsuit is an opportunity to put pressure on a party that will have to face its corruption sooner or later.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

TL;DR.

hope it affects her & she drops from crooked hillary's campaign

3. 1458279 Suspended

That was such a cold slap in the face to the whole system, but mostly Bernie supporters. DWS gets busted, Hillary gives her a job. I hope the Bernie people are on fire and make a strong point at the booth.

Can't wait to see what else Wiki has in the works.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

Low class Schultz gets some class action. A play on the Taming of the Shrew.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Good luck in the courts. Let us know how it all comes out.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

You should make it more obvious that you threw in the wild accusation of someone's death being at the hand of "Team Hillary." That was not in the article.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016 ---
    And do what? Vote for Trump out of spite? Because THAT will solve, what exactly? You think Bernie supporters like Trump? Maybe some do... but I'm guessing that most who were going to vote for Bernie want nothing to do with Trump.

7. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

It should have been very obvious by the square bracketed, capitalized and italicized text stating ‘NOTE.’ But I’ll edit it to another color.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

Maybe if you didn't mark up the rest of the article with bolds, etc? It wasn't clear. I went and looked at the article because I was interested to see if they wrote that.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

hopefully you will find out come november :D

10. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I edited my reply while you were replying: But I’ll edit it to another color.

11. zin macrumors 6502

The Democratic Party - the party of crooks and thieves.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

I would add the word "my" to note. But that's just me. Feel free to do what you want though.

Right. Let's not be naive and claim one party is any more filled with crooks and thieves than the other.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

It took a hacker to expose beyond any defense.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

Sorry - you needed a hacker to confirm that politicians play dirty. Both sides? Where have you been? This is new(s) to you?

15. Robisan macrumors 6502

Ah, swimming in the fever swamps of tin foil stupid.

16. 1458279 Suspended

There's a movement going on that looks at the "solid blue" states and they are voting for the most likely 3rd party runner. IIRC it's Johnson that's on all 50 states. So take CA, OR, WA, etc... and every wasted vote goes for Johnson.

They looked at the Gore/Bush votes and found that a millions of votes in winner take all states could have gone for 3rd party because they didn't influence the outcome. Gore votes in CA were wasted past 51%, might as well give them to the 3rd party and then that gives them more hope in the next round.

The other option is to not vote, bowing down to Hillary only proves that she can do as she wants and get away with it.

Giving Hillary a landslide will only be used by her as a mandate.

Might not matter in the end, Hillary's economic plan is just more of the same and the results will be more of the same. She has no plan that'll actually fix things. Maybe it's time to crash the whole system and watch her sink the ship.

17. Jess13, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Funny how tons of Clinton-connected/enemies turn up dead in mysterious circumstances, like the guy who recently died from “crushing his throat weightlifting at home” immediately before he was set to testify against Hillary. One month after the guy in the above story served papers officially to the DNC about them and Hillary’s co-conspirator DWS, he mysteriously turns up dead at home in his apartment. Seth Rich, who Julian Assange hints may have been one of Wikileaks’ sources for the DNCLeak, was shot dead alone in the street near his home in early morning hours. (It was posited that it may have been a robbery but later was admitted nothing had been stolen; he still had his wallet and phone.) The Clintons are evil and have the money and connections to intelligence/“black market” hit teams.

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Good!

Little silly fact: Wasserman is a pairing of "wasser" and "mann" which isn't pronounced the same in German, but means "water man" and it's quite funny because the water works will soon follow in court.

19. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Good

#takeherdown

(Did I do that hash tag thing right?)

20. 1458279 Suspended

These will end up in the pile of "unsolved murders". Gotta give it up to the Clintons, they do know how to cover things up.