Ocasio-Cortez calls Pelosi's

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/11/politics/ocasio-cortez-pelosi-singling-out/index.html
'singling out' of Democratic women of color 'disrespectful'
Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York suggested that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has been "singling out" freshman congresswomen of color — the latest charge in a growing rift between the leader of the party in the chamber and the high-profile progressive freshman.

"When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm's distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood," Ocasio-Cortez told The Washington Post in an interview published Wednesday.
"But the persistent singling out ... it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful ... the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color," Ocasio-Cortez added.
LOVE IT when they fight

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Isn't it great to have a party that doesn't blindly get in line behind its leadership?! Actual debate in Congress!
It's nice to see both parties doing this now. For far too long the Rs were the only ones having to seriously deal with their flank. The Ds had one, but the outspoken ones were always so low in numbers that they never got traction. But the Ds also spent a lot of time in the minority in the House, so it's easier to be united when you are getting to vote no on everything.

The more striking part of all of this is what it has done to the perception of the Speaker. I never thought I would see a day when Nancy Pelosi became a figurehead for the moderated wing of the Democratic Party.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Isn't it great to have a party that doesn't blindly get in line behind its leadership?! Actual debate in Congress!
Accusing the Speaker of racial discriminatory behavior is not debate. It’s pandering.
I can’t stand Mrs. Pelosi, but one thing I can say for her is that she has nothing to do with racist, or discriminatory behavior towards any minority.

BaldiMac

macrumors 604
Jan 24, 2008
Accusing the Speaker of racial discriminatory behavior is not debate. It’s pandering.
I can’t stand Mrs. Pelosi, but one thing I can say for her is that she has nothing to do with racist, or discriminatory behavior towards any minority.
Or they had a public disagreement about how Pelosi seems to be singling out progressive women of color for criticism.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
Ok, let’s see if the mid stream media will try to scuttle the story about democrat party infighting.

bambooshots

Suspended
Jul 25, 2013
So lemme guess, women of color are beyond reproach and cannot be criticized? Sound about right?
Contrary to what many on the left think of those right if them, I love me some sweet sweet AOC.

Shiny new dem congress critter instrumental in scuttling billions in revenue and tens of thousands of jobs for her district.

Soon to be primarily responsible for major schism in dem party.

I wanna wine ‘n dine her til she calls me Francisco Franco.

Last edited:

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
JK, day for truncated thread titles? As for AOC, I'll just let this play out...it is one thing to be spirited, and another to be right, but tact and courtesy go a long way...